Jeff Thomas in the Cane WR Pantheon

Martycane

Sophomore
Yeah. Yeah. Yeah. I know. It’s too soon to say this. Don’t jump the gun.
But based on the eye test and 1 1/2 years of watching him, I believe Thomas belongs in the elite tier of Miami all-time receivers — Irvin, Johnson, Moss, Wayne, and maybe a few more...
He reminds me most of Santana, who might be my all-time favorite player. He may even have more wiggle and better hands. And he seems to be near or at Santana’s level as a punt returner.
And he has 1 1/2 years to go...

Advertisement
This kid is MILES AND MILES ahead of Santana Moss at the same point in their careers. Thomas has uber elite speed, he's not afraid of contact or going down the middle, runs excellent routes and has hands like glue.

He's as unique and polished a sophomore as we've had here in a long, long time.

Last edited:
I think the kid can finish up there but you have to be careful jumping the gun because our all time greats have a tendency to be NFL HOF types. We are not normal. Look are Brain Blades. Second fiddle to Playmaker but GOAT in just about any other program. That said, this kid showed he is all Cane type and has serious dog in him. Kid clearly was hurt but team said they needed him so he strapped it up and did his thing. "i'm hurt dog..." in action.

What I love most about him is his attitude. He has the old school work ethic.

He never takes a play off. You see him aggressively throwing blocks, no BS in his routes etc

Dude just lives to ball man. Worst thing about elite receivers is they often come with baggage.

Advertisement
If he’s not undersized then he is a lock for a first round pick. **** he might become a first round pick when it’s all said and done.

Yeah. Yeah. Yeah. I know. It’s too soon to say this. Don’t jump the gun.
But based on the eye test and 1 1/2 years of watching him, I believe Thomas belongs in the elite tier of Miami all-time receivers — Irvin, Johnson, Moss, Wayne, and maybe a few more...
He reminds me most of Santana, who might be my all-time favorite player. He may even have more wiggle and better hands. And he seems to be near or at Santana’s level as a punt returner.
And he has 1 1/2 years to go...
I understand what you trying to say, but he's nowhere close to santana moss as a punt or kickoff returner, as a receiver he's making his case tho.

If he’s not undersized then he is a lock for a first round pick. **** he might become a first round pick when it’s all said and done.
Size isn't as important at the WR position as it used to be. These new complex passing schemes require for versatile WRs that can get open quickly and get down field if need be and JT4 has all of that in spades. We knew we were getting a menace in the open field with his big play ability. What we didn't know was that he could high point the ball and make acrobatic catches with the best of them. Kid is elite through and through.

Advertisement
Couldn't love JT4 more, but whoa, pump the brakes on all-time Canes WR talk. Dude is not yet halfway through his sophomore year.

I understand what you trying to say, but he's nowhere close to santana moss as a punt or kickoff returner, as a receiver he's making his case tho.
To be fair, Santana didn't become Santana on PR til his junior and senior year. Also like JT4, I don't recall Santana being a KR terror.

To be fair, Santana didn't become Santana on PR til his junior and senior year. Also like JT4, I don't recall Santana being a KR terror.
Just enjoy the video, jt4 is doing good, but he's for sure not faster than moss, you dont become the college indoor 60meter champ by racing just football players. More wiggle, i dont think so.

Advertisement
What I love most about him is his attitude. He has the old school work ethic.

He never takes a play off. You see him aggressively throwing blocks, no BS in his routes etc

Dude just lives to ball man. Worst thing about elite receivers is they often come with baggage.

Yep and he makes great plays and catches after being hurt earlier in the game !

I agree with D$ and Lu on the podcast: JT4 is the quickest, most dynamic receiver we’ve had since Santana Moss.

Advertisement
He has a chance to be a legend here.

His leaping ability and ability to time his jumps is ridiculous. And his first few steps are the best I’ve ever seen from a WR here. He’s five yards down the field before the DB has reacted.

He also makes tough catches which should not be overlooked. Cager is playing well but has some bad drops. JT4 tracks and catches tougher balls.

Last year i thought JT4 just didn't have "it" for KR. This year I moreso am convinced that his high school kick return scheme is better than ours

Advertisement
Back