Jeff Thomas dismissed from Miami football

View as article
Advertisement
Every great championship coach has exhibited the ability to manage and coexist with the talented problem players. You need them on your team. You have to find a way to keep them around and manage their egos and lunatic tendencies.

Richt lacks that skill, and unsurprisingly, lacks a championship, as well.

Why do you think he hasn't been doing that for the past two years??? Kid didn't just arrive on campus

So the adults in the room gotta be adults. If a kid can’t handle being yelled at, find another way to get thru to him. Saban talked about that... managing players as individuals.
True but we don’t know if that was the case. Some cats are just special man. Even when u try n accommodate their unique personalities. I work with middle school kids and coach so I see it with kids who have behavorial problems. Not necessarily saying that’s the case with Jeff but He had this track record in HS..they just wired different man. Like u said it’s just unfortunate. I hope Jeff lands at a school and doesn’t become a sam Bruce situation or similar to others. I hope for a G Willis type story for him

Advertisement
Any truth to the falsified transcripts from his high school to allow him to pass with bad grades ? That seems to be the other rumor flying around but this seems to be a scapegoat that he was in the doghouse with staff members

That's about the only thing I guess I could give Rich a pass on. His hands would be tied at that point.

It's still a failure on our side though to let that get through.

The players seem to be on thomas side

At least the offensive players understand this VOLATILE locker room situation. And believe it or not. I look for MORE Cane players to BOLT Thee Gables in the fast approaching moments and what not.:youre-nuts:

All the kid wanted to do was ball, make it to the league and take care of his family. Rick on the other hand trying to make the kid a choir boy. I get it no one player is above the team but this guy was second behind Richards as the best offensive player . The attrition that this team is going to have over the years it's going to be astronomical. it's going to be up there with decommits

But sorry posters here will tell is next man up!! 😂. They just don’t realize how bad is going to get after season finale. Recruiting class is decimated and attrition by mutual agreement will sent this team rock bottom. Any other rationale is just being stupid.

Advertisement
If everyone is going to speculate then what if the kid crossed a line with Dugans in front of the entire team which forced Rick's hand? Is it still Rick's fault? Ya'll want Thomas in that situation over Dugans?

Just a potential scenario. Dugans could dip after this season too but all the "insiders" around here ain't exactly seeming real sympathetic toward Thomas.

Advertisement
True but we don’t know if that was the case. Some cats are just special man. Even when u try n accommodate their unique personalities. I work with middle school kids and coach so I see it with kids who have behavorial problems. Not necessarily saying that’s the case with Jeff but He had this track record in HS..they just wired different man. Like u said it’s just unfortunate. I hope Jeff lands at a school and doesn’t become a sam Bruce situation or similar to others. I hope for a G Willis type story for him
Agree w all that. But....

Somewhere it was mentioned that Dugans went off on JT, causing him to nope out. So... if the kids that sensitive, and can’t handle being coached like that, find another way.

That doesn’t sound like they went the extra mile for him.

You guys defending the coaching staff think so myopically. If you think this is a product of some isolated incident with Jeff you’re lost.

This is a direct reflection of what bad coaching can drive a kid(s) to do.
So we just gonna ignore the track record from HS and recruitment. We’ are going to Ignore the fact that even when we was winning last year there was rumors about him being disgruntled too

Advertisement
But sorry posters here will tell is next man up!! 😂. They just don’t realize how bad is going to get after season finale. Recruiting class is decimated and attrition by mutual agreement will sent this team rock bottom. Any other rationale is just being stupid.

BINGO!!!!!!!!!!

Like @CaneDynasty and others have mentioned, I expect more to come. This staph has caused more division within the team than a tri-sexual co-ed at a frat party.

Advertisement
Back