Jeff Thomas and Deejay Dallas

rok

N-U-D-E-S-I-N-B-I-O
Should both of these guys be cross-trained as WR/RBs?

Given the current state of RB depth, feels like it would be a mistake not to hand the ball directly to these guys on several occasions throughout the season.

Advertisement
This guy, this guy right here is a great poster.

Take notes, ladies.

I don't think we should cross train them as RB's but there are plays we could run like Jet Sweeps that would get the ball in their hands similar to a hand off.

Given the current state of RB depth, feels like it would be a mistake not to hand the ball directly to these guys on several occasions throughout the season.

No to thomas, Yes to dallas.

Advertisement
I'm sure they will draw up some direct snap or jet sweep plays for Deejay, not so much for Thomas I think

I'm sure they will draw up some direct snap or jet sweep plays for Deejay, not so much for Thomas I think

Thomas attacking the edge on a jet sweep would be ideal. 4.3 forty guy at full speed would be a nightmare for opposing defensive ends to try and contain.

I don't want thomas practicing running back unless he proves he can stay there.

Advertisement

No.

You don't need to cross train somebody as a regular running back to run occasional plays where they get the ball in the backfield

No.

You don't need to cross train somebody as a regular running back to run occasional plays where they get the ball in the backfield

It's not just about running the occasional play though. It's about shoddy depth at the position and the possible need for either of them to become a RB full-time.

No.

It's not just about running the occasional play though. It's about shoddy depth at the position and the possible need for either of them to become a RB full-time.

not sure Thomas is a Samuel or Harvin type in that those guys had natural RB instincts and toughness from the slot position, but i think there were plays on his highlight film that suggest that exact scenario.

not quite sure i see the DeeJay to RB thing. It's almost a joke that we want to plug that kid wherever we're deficient at the time. I believe he's on defense once Cager is able to contribute, reports are Cager is iffy for spring ball. DeeJay would be a necessary at WR for spring if that's the case.

I think we'd be doing ourselves a disservice however by not getting the ball in Thomas hands on a few jet sweeps a game. Not bad ideas, but i don't think we'll do it. I'd rather see Thomas and company on those patriot style rub routes.

I want Dallas on defense, but offensively I'm intrigued by what he can do at RB. He has the size (5'11, 190) and big-time quicks with the ball in his hands.

Advertisement
I don't want thomas practicing running back unless he proves he can stay there.

Sorry, that one gets me every time.

As for the OP, that's borderline retarded. I get that RB depth is shallower than ideal, but you don't take your best incoming WR and try to make him a RB.

Scratch "borderline".

I don't think we should cross train them as RB's but there are plays we could run like Jet Sweeps that would get the ball in their hands similar to a hand off.

I don't like a bunch of gadget plays, but we can run jet sweeps, increase the route tree, use the backs in the passing game more, more crossing routes including the TE's, TE deep seam routes, Attack the Safeties so they can't double or roll coverage to Richards as much. Definitely a fast paced 4 WR package. Our offense got lots room to grow.

Advertisement
DJ Dallas appears perfect for the Eric Metcalf role. I've been saying it for months now. Kid could be our Dexter McCluster reincarnated. Spell the top 2 RBs when they need a break, come in on 3rd downs.

I want Dallas on defense, but offensively I'm intrigued by what he can do at RB. He has the size (5'11, 190) and big-time quicks with the ball in his hands.

Is he a legit 5'11" 190? If so, I'm a lot more excited about his future.

Call it a season if these kids have to play RB. Dallas is a DB and Thomas will back up Berrios.

Dallas needs to be a DB. I prefer him at S to CB but either way DB is his money position. He's instantaneously in the rotation there. We need him on the field not taking scrub time behind Walton and Homer this year and Homer, Burns, LL next year.

Advertisement
Back