Jeff Thomas and Deejay Dallas

No.

If we get Dye, we'll be fine at RB.

If He returns at 100%, Gray is the only person that should get a look at another position, preferably WR...maybe even Safety.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I think they move Deejay around on offense, including some time out of the backfield, but I don't think he is officially moved to RB. I think we'll find out if Choc can finally live up to his potential. No better chance for him to get his shot than now.

I think they move Deejay around on offense, including some time out of the backfield, but I don't think he is officially moved to RB. I think we'll find out if Choc can finally live up to his potential. No better chance for him to get his shot than now.

Agreed. Dallas will be cross-trained but will remain a WR if Gray and/or Burns prove they belong.

I want Dallas on defense, but offensively I'm intrigued by what he can do at RB. He has the size (5'11, 190) and big-time quicks with the ball in his hands.

Me too..intrigued. But what I do NOT want is for him to be moved around like a pinball... like our previous Dallas (Crawford), and so not develop fully at any position. Kid has too much talent to squander. Wouldn't be fair to him.

Anyone on the field may find themselves with the ball on their hand. The whole rooster should be doing cross training, and maybe even cross fit.

Advertisement
Should both of these guys be cross-trained as WR/RBs?

Given the current state of RB depth, feels like it would be a mistake not to hand the ball directly to these guys on several occasions throughout the season.

I say yes if it helps the team. Put in certain packages where they are involved in jet sweeps, shovel passes, screens, and maybe some wildcat. Stack one side and pitch it to them the other way to showcase their speed. Anytime you can get the ball in a playmakers hands in space you do it period. Thomas is too small to just hand it off to him but I think DJ has enough size to get some traditional carries.

Dallas will be on defense when the season starts.

He's already going to play RB and WR. He might as well play defense, too.

Hot Take: only DJ Dallas will run through the smoke before Bethune. He's going to play all 22 positions and handle all the kicking duties.

Advertisement
I think Dallas' future here is as a flex type player. His versatility is one of the most appealing things about him as a prospect. McCaffery for instance went so high in the draft because he can play both positions. Richt talked about wanting him to learn one position before moving him to another and I think we should expect him to see time at RB regardless of the depth situation here.

Where Dallas plays depends upon Burns and Gray. Let's hope they come back healthy and productive.

Advertisement
Who knows, maybe this provides the impetus for them to create a package for Dallas at RB.

All I know is that there better be some ingenuity up in this m'fer or I'll be a hot little potato.

As good as DJ was in high school running the ball, I'm slightly disappointed that he wasn't that good of a passer. He would've been the perfect QB for this system if he was more accurate and could push the ball downfield better.

With that said, I think Richt should at least mess around with a sort of "Wildcat" package with DJ at QB.

Advertisement
Back