Jeff Scott as OC?

Advertisement
only Miami fans could get excited about someone with absolutely no play calling experience

and bash someone like fedora who had 8/11 top 25 offenses as an OC, and bash Applewhite who is highly respected and has at least a track record of success as an OC
There was never a real reason to rip either but I can't lie I love Clemsons offense and how they dictate what defenses do and get their playmakers the ball and Scotts a big part of the gameplanning

He said he puts quality of life high and doesn’t want to grind too hard. Likes to work under Wells because Wells allows him to spend more time with his family. Seems like he’s very happy working for Wells.
An OC that doesn't want to grind?

Nope. Next candidate please.

Advertisement
Jeff scott would be big

still nervous having someone on board who has zero experience as a play caller paired with someone who has zero experience as a HC

would love to have someone with sustained success as an OC at a smaller program

Playcalling is hard but if you're apart of a great and cerebral offense like Scott has been you can develop learning what the offense does. I'd be nervous too but once again there's not many that can touch Clemson and not many I'd love forna coach more then Clemson

Fedora and Applewhite wanted more money than we were willing to spend. Scott forcing Clemson hand for more money. Zero sources or info just an opinion.

Advertisement
Fedora and Applewhite wanted more money than we were willing to spend. Scott forcing Clemson hand for more money. Zero sources or info just an opinion.
Which is why he was using Applewhite to catch the leakers but to hide this.

Advertisement
There was never a real reason to rip either but I can't lie I love Clemsons offense and how they dictate what defenses do and get their playmakers the ball and Scotts a big part of the gameplanning
Coley is a big part of game planning and we saw how his play calling turned out. We have an inexperienced HC. We need someone with experience coaching offense.

Coley is a big part of game planning and we saw how his play calling turned out. We have an inexperienced HC. We need someone with experience coaching offense.
Coaching offense and calling plays are two different things. Scott has experience game planning for the biggest games(coaching offense).

An OC that doesn't want to grind?

Nope. Next candidate please.
Are you talking about Yost? That guy is one of the better OCs in the country. I never thought it was realistic we could get him after he went to TT but we would be blessed to have that guy on our staff.

Advertisement
No experience would make us fans more comfortable but if you're learning from an elite offense like Clemson it may rub off on you especially because it's what you're used to. Coley isn't the standard of what we should and I'm not sure Scott will br a great playcaller but if he's legitimately bringing Clemson 2.0 here im all in

Bagmen+elite recruiters+innovators=championships

Experience not required in formula

No experience would make us fans more comfortable but if you're learning from an elite offense like Clemson it may rub off on you especially because it's what you're used to. Coley isn't the standard of what we should and I'm not sure Scott will br a great playcaller but if he's legitimately bringing Clemson 2.0 here im all in

Clemson keeps doing this. Oc leaves then they promote the oc with no experience but has been waiting for his moment . Then promote another guy to the other co oc spot. Rinse , repeat. They’ve all been in the scheme and know it well.

He’s been in the coaching game for awhile and it’s his time. Other programs take these chances and win,I’d much rather take his ceiling vs the other guys mentioned. But that’s just me, I love that o in sfla.

If manny is willing to risk his ***, and dream job on him then I’m ok. It’s mannys career.

Advertisement
Back