Jeff Lebby

Advertisement
Ummm what? His defenses are absolute dog **** and never have been on a competent level even at his stop at FAU. The one thing Kiffin is known for is if you can score with him then you’ll beat him just like Arkansas did and Arkansas couldn’t even repeat vs. Auburn. That’s they guy you want to hire? A gimmicky HC that has a **** defense that can’t stop anybody? That sounds oddly familiar. Oh wonder when we made that decision before l? Oh yea, it was Larry Coker and sank this place to the ground.
We can find faults with any possible coach. We should just go get Schiano if that is your line of thought.

We can find faults with any possible coach. We should just go get Schiano if that is your line of thought.
And he’ll do miles better here than Kiffin will. Just like Mark Stoops or somebody like Bill Clark will. He can’t win at big programs because of his D and loses games he shouldn’t. Proof is already there with USC and Tennessee but things are all of the sudden going to be different? Spare me.

I'd support a Lane hire, but we need some stability and Lane's tenure everywhere has been short. He's so transient. In that sense, a guy like Mario and Stoops is more attractive to me b/c you get the sense both might do 5 years + here.

Advertisement
Lebby doesn’t even calls plays. Forget HC, haven’t we seen enough of this lately in our past OCs?

Rhett Lashlee was “OC” at Auburn and SMU and never called plays.
James Coley was “OC” at FSU and never called plays.

Hire Mario and pay Joe Moorhead to come with him

Coley was okay when he was with us.

And he’ll do miles better here than Kiffin will. Just like Mark Stoops or somebody like Bill Clark will. He can’t win at big programs because of his D and loses games he shouldn’t. Proof is already there with USC and Tennessee but things are all of the sudden going to be different? Spare me.
Yet there he is ranked ahead of Kentucky.

Ouuuuuuu

Does he want a cookie?
Well kind of ironic you say he can't win while he is 5-1 and ranked ahead of Stoops team. At OLE ****. I'd dare say they care less about athletics than anybody. Kentucky basketball affords that school money to build. And they have. Track and field program to baseball, they have been pouring in cash.

Advertisement
Well kind of ironic you say he can't win while he is 5-1 and ranked ahead of Stoops team. At OLE ****. I'd dare say they care less about athletics than anybody. Kentucky basketball affords that school money to build. And they have. Track and field program to baseball, they have been pouring in cash.
See Alabama

See Arkansas

See Tennessee this year

How should’ve lost both of those games but botched calls kept them in it

See USC record

See Tennessee record

Let’s parade about his wins vs Louisville, Austin Peavy, and Tulane. Let’s also forget he’s inherited a future first rounder at QB. Congrats, actually winning football games on botched calls is an improvement to losing to Colorado at USC.

See Alabama

See Arkansas

See Tennessee this year

How should’ve lost both of those games but botched calls kept them in it

See USC record

See Tennessee record

Let’s parade about his wins vs Louisville, Austin Peavy, and Tulane. Let’s also forget he’s inherited a future first rounder at QB. Congrats, actually winning football games on botched calls is an improvement to losing to Colorado at USC.
And how have USC and Tennessee looked since he left? Soooo much better amirite?

So we can be in dog fights with California and Fresno State?

Jesus the answer is right in you face and he was here for the greatest team ever assembled. Mark Stoops is the answer here. He’s beaten in recruiting battles and even evaluated Jordan Wright miles better than we did. The guy is continually finding NFL guys while being a 3rd tier SEC team. He might not be Saban but I haven’t seen a coach have the same success he has at a 3rd tier school since a coach by the name of James Franklin and look how fast he turned around PSU.

All the cristobal guys and Kiffin guys are falling for football glitter and pixie dust. The guy we should hire now and probably should’ve hired 3 years ago is located in Lexington and probably would win 10 games here from the start with the teams we play.
At this point in his career I don’t think he’s coming her nor wants to come here

Advertisement
LOL

Lebby has 100000.0% called plays for Ole Miss the last 2 seasons.

Rhett 1000000.0% called plays at Auburn and SMU.

Let's not try to bring facts to the board, though.

Oh, and Lebby is a tremendous coach, by the way. When Lane is hired and he brings Lebby here, he'll be gone in a year or two as a HC elsewhere.

Wait Rhett called plays at Auburn? I know for fact he did not at his 1 season at SMU, he call plays at UConn.

You’re right about Lebby though, googled it and found an article that said Kiffin was going to give up most of the play calling to Lebby before the 20 season. My Bad.

That said I don’t want Lebby as HC.

Advertisement
I'd support a Lane hire, but we need some stability and Lane's tenure everywhere has been short. He's so transient. In that sense, a guy like Mario and Stoops is more attractive to me b/c you get the sense both might do 5 years + here.

Yep. one of the many checklist items you'd want in a guy is some sort of longevity if he succeeds. LAst thing I want is a 2-3 year and out kind of guy. Lane is that kind of guy until proven otherwise. And while he may have ole miss humming, despite having Durkin as DC, their defenses have been awful.

Give me a guy who invests in the defense and being physical and innovative on offense, and a guy who is willing to stay around and I'm good.

Lane is still in the gunning portion of his resume. Guys like Mario, Schiano (and stoops to a lesser extent), et al, are not. I think they know that their next job has the ponteial to be their longest/most meaningful.

Yep. one of the many checklist items you'd want in a guy is some sort of longevity if he succeeds. LAst thing I want is a 2-3 year and out kind of guy. Lane is that kind of guy until proven otherwise. And while he may have ole miss humming, despite having Durkin as DC, their defenses have been awful.

Give me a guy who invests in the defense and being physical and innovative on offense, and a guy who is willing to stay around and I'm good.

Lane is still in the gunning portion of his resume. Guys like Mario, Schiano (and stoops to a lesser extent), et al, are not. I think they know that their next job has the ponteial to be their longest/most meaningful.
I get the desire for stability, very few programs have had guys stay a long time and be what us as Miami fans would consider great. You can count those on one hand in the last 25 years. I don't want a lifer. I have no problem with coaches moving on to the NFL. I think that keeps a program from getting stale. That may work at Bama, just don't see it here. Perhaps I view it that way because we aren't a top 10 destination in the college ranks.

I get the desire for stability, very few programs have had guys stay a long time and be what us as Miami fans would consider great. You can count those on one hand in the last 25 years. I don't want a lifer. I have no problem with coaches moving on to the NFL. I think that keeps a program from getting stale. That may work at Bama, just don't see it here. Perhaps I view it that way because we aren't a top 10 destination in the college ranks.

Honestly, if we can average 4-5 years every time we hire a good coach, that's about as good as it gets, I suppose.

Advertisement
Back