Jeff Hafley from BC

Advertisement
I think with the right support from boosters with dropping bags on recruits, recruit family members, high school coaches, and trusted family advisors, he could succeed. Elite big uglies require big bags. NIL money was never going to be enough.
Agree, but my concern is more cultural/philosophy.

Moglia built Carolina Coastal on the "Toyota Way" of business translated into coaching. He then handed the keys to Chadwell (his OC) after a bout of significant poor health. Chadwell, by all accounts, has continued the "nerd way" of drills*, analytics, coaching, etc.

Moglia wanted to prove moneyball in CFB and has done so fairly effectively (to a point).

Does/can that translate to Coral Gables? A TON of glass will be broken and lots of patience needed. Probably at least 3-4 years before results are really known.

*I believe they use tackling robots/low impact practice

Agree, but my concern is more cultural/philosophy.

Moglia built Carolina Coastal on the "Toyota Way" of business translated into coaching. He then handed the keys to Chadwell (his OC) after a bout of significant poor health. Chadwell, by all accounts, has continued the "nerd way" of drills*, analytics, coaching, etc.

Moglia wanted to prove moneyball in CFB and has done so fairly effectively (to a point).

Does/can that translate to Coral Gables? A TON of glass will be broken and lots of patience needed. Probably at least 3-4 years before results are really known.

*I believe they use tackling robots/low impact practice
Tackling robots are a upgrade over the donut/tire so I’m in

Tackling robots? I fear I am mistaken about Coach Chadwell. Thank you, amigo. Without your help, I mite have continued down the wrong path.
I'm not saying he would be a bad coach, just Miami needs to know what they are, and commit, to what they are getting.

Advertisement
Tackling robots? I fear I am mistaken about Coach Chadwell. Thank you, amigo. Without your help, I mite have continued down the wrong path.

Russell Wilson and Steelers also big fans

Like a JJ, Erickson, or Butch? All those prior coaches left UM for NFL. We need to get back to hiring ambitious coaches with NFL aspirations. That worked pretty well for us in the past.
When we had a competent AD to find their replacement.

Advertisement
Back