Jeff Hafley from BC

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Would Miami fans give his team a pass if they had 3 straight penalties to kill a game winning drive like they did against Clemson? That is the undisciplined crap we have been complaining about the Canes for years.

I will give him the benefit of the doubt because I admittedly haven't seen much of BC play, but that stretch just brought me Golden and Manny flashbacks.

Remember that name. I think he should be considered for our emerging coaching vacancy.

Terrific experience. Outstanding recruiter. His team has elevated across all areas in just one year. Outcoached Dabo tonight.

More here: https://bceagles.com/sports/football/roster/coaches/jeff-hafley/1920
It's not that hard to outcoach Dabo. Dabo is a perfect front man. He isn't nearly as great of a coach as people would have you believe. What has helped Dabo in the ACC is A)He is the kind of coach that will allow the sausage to get made in regards to recruiting and B)He successfully leverages Clemson's biggest advantages and that's something they struggled to do after Danny Ford.

Every coach is allowed to have one bad season, but Clemson looks really, really underwhelming. Maybe the luck has run out on finding generational talents at QB. Maybe Clemson starts to make their way back to the pack. Hafley is a legit coach, the kind of guy that will get some NFL offers if he manages to win consistently at BC. I would definitely have him on my interview list, if I was involved with the Miami search process.

Advertisement
How do you know he's a great recruiter? Sincere question.
FWIW:

In 2012, Hafley made his NFL coaching debut with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. He joined the Bucs as assistant defensive backs coach and spent 2013 as the secondary coach/safeties. In 2013, Hafley oversaw a unit which helped Tampa Bay finish tied for third in the NFL with 21 interceptions. On January 27, 2014, Hafley was hired by the Cleveland Browns to coach the secondary. Hafley would remain in this role for 2 seasons (2014–15), before being relieved of his duties due to a coaching overhaul. On January 24, 2016, Hafley was hired by San Francisco 49ers' new head coach Chip Kelly to coach the defensive backs. In 2019, he was hired to be the co-defensive coordinator at Ohio State. Hafley quickly established himself as one of the best recruiters in the country, being ranked ninth overall recruiter for the 2020 class by 247Sports.com. On December 13, 2019, he was hired to be the head coach at Boston College after the firing of Steve Addazio.

Advertisement
Back