Jeff Hafley from BC

Advertisement
FWIW:

In 2012, Hafley made his NFL coaching debut with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. He joined the Bucs as assistant defensive backs coach and spent 2013 as the secondary coach/safeties. In 2013, Hafley oversaw a unit which helped Tampa Bay finish tied for third in the NFL with 21 interceptions. On January 27, 2014, Hafley was hired by the Cleveland Browns to coach the secondary. Hafley would remain in this role for 2 seasons (2014–15), before being relieved of his duties due to a coaching overhaul. On January 24, 2016, Hafley was hired by San Francisco 49ers' new head coach Chip Kelly to coach the defensive backs. In 2019, he was hired to be the co-defensive coordinator at Ohio State. Hafley quickly established himself as one of the best recruiters in the country, being ranked ninth overall recruiter for the 2020 class by 247Sports.com. On December 13, 2019, he was hired to be the head coach at Boston College after the firing of Steve Addazio.
Thanks for copying and pasting from Wikipedia lol.

Seriously though, he coached at OSU under Urban Meyer. When he was hired in 2019, OSU was coming off a 1-loss season and #3 ranking. He was co-def. coord. It's going to be hard to convince me that OSU recruits wanted to play for OSU because of Hafley and not because of OSU, Urban, the Horseshoe, and the tradition.

At BC, this current cycle, BC is ranked #25 by 247 in recruiting. And that may increase or decrease. The previous years, Harley was in the 60s and 70s in national recruiting.

Finally, Harley isn't coming to Miami unless it's as the head coach of the Bills or Patriots i.e., he's NFL bound.

Advertisement
Would Miami fans give his team a pass if they had 3 straight penalties to kill a game winning drive like they did against Clemson? That is the undisciplined crap we have been complaining about the Canes for years.

I will give him the benefit of the doubt because I admittedly haven't seen much of BC play, but that stretch just brought me Golden and Manny flashbacks.
BC starting qb vs mizz and Clemson is a former walk on. If BC starting qb was not injured a couple weeks back, bc beats Clemson relatively easily

BC starting qb vs mizz and Clemson is a former walk on. If BC starting qb was not injured a couple weeks back, bc beats Clemson relatively easily
He definitely had them in it. I'm just saying they had 3 consecutive plays with penalties that effectively killed a drive in the last 3 minutes of the game. Perhaps it was a freak occurrence, but it is something that has happened here for far too long.

Advertisement
I can't consider any candidate until changes are made to the administration. Until that happens it doesn't matter who they hire. They won't succeed here. Imagine if you are a coach and the clowns we got running the athletic department are sitting across from you offering you a job. Any coach worth having would laugh his asss off and walk away as fast as he can. Interviews are two way streets...you are interviewing the candidate but the candidate is also interviewing you.

A very Miami hire. I'm not convinced he's not another Al Golden.
Chadwell won his conference and was voted national college coach of the year. Golden only won his division and was voted conference coach of the year. Chadwell has actual accomplishments, whereas Golden only had a bunch of almosts. If we're going to dip down to G5 or lower, it should be for a coach who has actually won something

Last edited:
Advertisement

Seriously though, he coached at OSU under Urban Meyer. When he was hired in 2019, OSU was coming off a 1-loss season and #3 ranking. He was co-def. coord. It's going to be hard to convince me that OSU recruits wanted to play for OSU because of Hafley and not because of OSU, Urban, the Horseshoe, and the tradition.

At BC, this current cycle, BC is ranked #25 by 247 in recruiting. And that may increase or decrease. The previous years, Harley was in the 60s and 70s in national recruiting.

Finally, Harley isn't coming to Miami unless it's as the head coach of the Bills or Patriots i.e., he's NFL bound.
All the effort I cared to give. LOL.

Seriously, you’re right. Ever notice the recruiting coordinator at Alabama is always one the best in the nation?

Hafley will end up back in the NFL. I think most college head coaches who‘ve worked in the NFL want to return for a shot as HC.

Saban could have stayed at LSU, but he won a NC and wanted his chance as a HC after years as an assistant and DC. Carroll could have stayed at USC But wanted another shot. Butch has 3 SB rings as an assistant/DC, and would have eventually gone back if he hadn’t left for Cleveland.

Advertisement
He’s OSU’s former DC. The guy that brought in chase young and crew. Schiano took over for him.
He came in after schiano. Schiano was there in 2018. Hafley 19- that was chase and okudah JR year. Day wanted him they were boys from their time in the NFL together. Was kind of awkward because Hafley came out from Schiano and he took him to the Bucs. To give perspective on his DB’s expertise. He coached Revis at Pitt and Sherman in SanFran

Like a JJ, Erickson, or Butch? All those prior coaches left UM for NFL. We need to get back to hiring ambitious coaches with NFL aspirations. That worked pretty well for us in the past.

Advertisement
Back