Jeff Feagles

Advertisement
Hartley is arguably the worst special teams coach we've had in 20+ years.

That falls on Richt. Great coaches always have great special teams.

Agreed. Love Hartley as a recruiter but definitely not as a ST coach. Feagles is beyond atrocious, and the rest of our ST is just average - returns and coverage.

Our worst performing unit by far, and I remember when they used to be difference makers.

Returns? Thomas looks pretty good. We’ve also blocked a kick and punt with TD. Punting is the only bad thing. Kick offs have been great except 2-3 out of bounds.

Honestly cant believe they didnt look for a grad transfer, juco or ANYONE this past offseason to at least compete with feagles
I've said this before, I can't believe they couldn't have held open tryouts. The most you have to lose is a day or day 1/2 from the ST coach.

No idea how we didn't bring someone in to actually compete against him. Richt even said we had a few spots open for grad transfer. How did we not address this?

Just seems like Richt doesn't give a **** about ST play since we also decided to roll with a true freshman kicker who was 4-10 his senior year of HS. ST have been abysmal.

High school kicking stats are meaningless. Baxa is fine

Advertisement
This needs fixing. If not, you can lay bets it'll cost us at least one game to the L column.

This needs fixing. If not, you can lay bets it'll cost us at least one game to the L column.
It made the LSU game worse than it should have been, they started at the 50 or better due to punting I believe 3 times. No defense can stop that over and over and over.

I think it was a major factor in LSU loss...agree it needs fixing ASAP. give us someone who can consistently average 35 without a shank and it’s an upgrade. Sad Im too the point where I think we’ll benefit from marginal mediocrity.

Advertisement
His drops are sloppy and out of sync with his kick. He has a leg, but he'll be erratic as long as his drops aren't consistent. Punting isn't hard, getting consistent drops is the hardest part of it all.

I got to admit i dont know that much about punting, but dropping the ball consistently is not an easy thing to do?

I had the kids back last year as a true freshman, figured he just needed some seasoning and he would be alright. I think he's worse this year which I didn't think was possible.

Advertisement
I think it was a major factor in LSU loss...agree it needs fixing ASAP. give us someone who can consistently average 35 without a shank and it’s an upgrade. Sad Im too the point where I think we’ll benefit from marginal mediocrity.

Absolutely!!! I agree 100%.. His inconsistency makes him even worse than his stats indicate. He seems to shank every other punt. Making it more detrimental than kicking 35 yrds each time. This sh*t will to cost us.. I can’t believe how made he is. I think he’s mentally checked out.

Got tired of hearing about Feagles booming punts in practice like that has anything to do with his duties on game day. This move is long overdue.

Advertisement
I got to admit i dont know that much about punting, but dropping the ball consistently is not an easy thing to do?

Not at all actually. Then you add in movement, other body parts moving, the game and possible pressure to get it off quicker, then general head space issues due to bad kicks, etc. It is no different than having to tweak your shot, throw, etc, but you need good drops or everything else can be great and you'll still be off.

Grab a football and go out in the back yard. Try dropping it just standinf there so it hits the same way several times, bouncing the dame direction, etc. If you can master that, try it moving. Were it round, it would be a bit easier for sure.

I watched him and Spicer in pregame warmups vs Toledo. They both suck donkey balls. Mr. Shank and Shanky McShank****. So bad. Get someone from the soccer team to step in. Yeah it’s that bad. Guys it’s remarkably bad. Spicer is just as shanky.

Baxa needs a look, most fg kickers punt too in hs, bb has a good leg so it would be worth a shot

Not at all actually. Then you add in movement, other body parts moving, the game and possible pressure to get it off quicker, then general head space issues due to bad kicks, etc. It is no different than having to tweak your shot, throw, etc, but you need good drops or everything else can be great and you'll still be off.

Grab a football and go out in the back yard. Try dropping it just standinf there so it hits the same way several times, bouncing the dame direction, etc. If you can master that, try it moving. Were it round, it would be a bit easier for sure.

As an only kid I spent a lot of time punting and place kicking, I was very good at both from that. I avoided doing it for as long as I could in hs, until the coaches caught me booming punts efffing around in P.E class. It just wasn’t cool to be a punter/ kicker.

That being said , it’s pretty **** easy man, I never had an awful shank in a game, worst one was an end over end punt because I didn’t hit the sweet spot. But it still went 40+.

This dude is either not good or has the yips. Consistency is pretty much half the battle as a punter , that and good leg strength. The mechanics / footwork and follow through is about as easy as you’ll find.

Nowhere near what a fg kicker deals with, everything must line up good or crazy shut will happen. From head placement , plant foot , hips, arms ( especially your left is you’re a right leg) and follow through.

I don’t get the issue, like I said a punter has nowhere near the technique issues to dal with as other positions.

Advertisement
Back