Jeff Feagles

Advertisement
Good news guys, both BC and Pitt have worse punters than us.

Seriously, Feagles is 61st in the country so it just feels like he's the worst.

Everyone feels better now, right?

Bonus: VTs punter is #60. Does it start to seem like punting is why the ACC is sucking this year?

Outside of the coaches the reports are he shanks in practice too - the coaches are full of ****.

Abomination as a staff that they didn’t address this in the off-season and bring in another punter.

No idea how we didn't bring someone in to actually compete against him. Richt even said we had a few spots open for grad transfer. How did we not address this?

Just seems like Richt doesn't give a **** about ST play since we also decided to roll with a true freshman kicker who was 4-10 his senior year of HS. ST have been abysmal.

Honestly cant believe they didnt look for a grad transfer, juco or ANYONE this past offseason to at least compete with feagles

Advertisement
Good news guys, both BC and Pitt have worse punters than us.

Seriously, Feagles is 61st in the country so it just feels like he's the worst.

Everyone feels better now, right?

Bonus: VTs punter is #60. Does it start to seem like punting is why the ACC is sucking this year?

Link?

Hartley is arguably the worst special teams coach we've had in 20+ years.

That falls on Richt. Great coaches always have great special teams.

tenor.gif

Advertisement
On his first shank Saturday, he tried to drop the ball point down to try to have it bounce back inside the five. But he is so bad he almost missed the ball....

Yes, Feagles was practicing that style in warmups from midfield. Most of them were decent. Then it was laughable how inept it looked at the game.

As someone else posted regarding the Toledo game, both punters generally look miserable in warmups when kicking full out. It's not like they are wasting all the great punts earlier. There are no great punts.

Butch Davis was well aware. The FIU punt returners were disrespecting Feagles to such degree they stood exactly 35 yards downfield from the line of scrimmage. Obviously they had been drilled that way because I watched them count off the 35 yards. One time we had a 5 yard penalty before the punt and true to advice the FIU return man automatically moved forward 5 yards.

Advertisement
I would say punting stats don’t tell tell he whole story. Some averages might be worse because they’ve had more punts of trying to pin the opponent deep. I don’t watch a ton of college football, but I watch 2-4 games a week outside of Miami and I have yet to see a worse punter.

Homeboy from Wyoming has punted 31 times in 4 games and is averaging half a yard less than Feagles, so...

Anyway, my point was more that I think he's got the ability but his brain gets in the way as evidenced by his average being bad but not the worst despite looking like the worst on the field. I don't know what it's worth, except to say it's probably more likely you get your mind right than that you suddenly get a much stronger leg.

His drops are sloppy and out of sync with his kick. He has a leg, but he'll be erratic as long as his drops aren't consistent. Punting isn't hard, getting consistent drops is the hardest part of it all.

Advertisement
We should pretend to go for it on 4th, have N'kosi drop a 60 yard bomb interception and then just tackle them there.

We should pretend to go for it on 4th, have N'kosi drop a 60 yard bomb interception and then just tackle them there.

A smart player would just bat it down, but I remember last year this exact thing happened to FSU and Derwin james actually intercepted it to pad his stats and they lost like 40 yards of field position. It was hilarious because it was actually a really hard to make catch.

I can't remember Miami ever having a sub-par punter, but we seem to have one now.

Even Golden found solid punters with relative ease.

And FIU had a solid punter, too.

I don't think it's setting the bar too high to expect us to find a good punter.

Advertisement
Back