Jedd Fisch

He'll end up as a QB coach somewhere in the league next year. Still very highly thought of in NFL circles.

Rumor: I had heard from someone 3rd hand that Golden had worn on him and that was one of the factors in him leaving. Not the main factor but it was a factor.

Golden wares on everyone

Harbough wore on everyone which is one of the reason the 9ers and him "parted" ways....

2015 national champs? Lol

Advertisement
^^^^^Well he had a whole team full of NFL players in Jacksonville and didn't do **** with them. My guess is not as well as Chud did. When coaching against equal talent he showed he sucks. They both had opportunities to be OC in NFL. One failed miserably the other turned it into a NFL head coaching job.

This might be one of the most short sighted, ridiculous posts I've ever seen. Hey genius, all the teams they are playing against were full teams of NFL players too. All the teams they are playing against do not have more rookies starting for them than veterans like they did. You understand half of Jacksonville's roster was in their first or second year in the league?

I want to see which OC succeeds right away with a rookie QB throwing to 3 rookie WR's (one of which was UFA) while playing behind 2 rookie O Line guys. The veterans they did have were more crappy OL, Mercedes Lewis, Toby Gerhard, and Cecil Shorts. That's a ******* all star group right there. Seriously, the ignorance that some people display is insane.
It's hard to compare exact situations. The difference between winning and losing in the NFL is a real fine line. Teams go from last to first in 1 yr. Texans went from 1st pick to 9 wins with very few different pieces added. Chud took a rookie QB and the worst ranked offense the previous yr and raised them to 4th in total offense. He did have Steve Smith and two Cane Te's. So he did have a few more weapons than Bortles. I don't think my point was rediculous. Chud did well at every OC spot he held. Cleveland Carolina and of course Canes. But I guess your point was wherever he went they were already good. You can only judge by performance. Chud performed and IMO Jedd did not. Quit making excuse like many did with Golden. Judge by performance. JMO no need to get jimmies rustled.

No jimmies rustled. Just thought the comment was ridiculous due to context. I'm going to put this in college terms based on current rosters. If the NFL were the SEC, Jacksonville's roster could be considered the Vanderbilt. There are zero expectations because everyone and there momma with any sense knows they don't have the team to do it with. Everyone knows they are in complete rebuild right now. Jacksonville would be Iowa St in the Big 12. I'm honestly surprised they have as many wins as they do this year based on their roster alone.

With that said, take any OC you want and put him on Iowa St or Vanderbilt (as the OC, not the HC) and tell me where you would expect their offense to stack up compared to the rest of the conference. Now take those teams and give them a true freshman QB, all freshman WR's, 2 freshman OL with surrounding scrubs, a 3rd year undersized rb and an older slow wanna be power back, and an average tight end who is hurt most of the year. There is not an OC alive who are going to bring those offenses to the top half of their conference or that will even make them respectable in that first season. I'm begging you find me what OC is going to do that.

On top of all that, you have a difference of opinion between the HC and OC. HC wants to be ultra conservative and the OC is uptempo (look at how people think Golden is holding Coley back from what he wants to run).

All of the scenarios you mentioned are not the same as Jacksonville's. yes a 1st pick team and turn it around and become a good team with only a couple of players, but you ceased to mention the fact that they have Arian Foster, Deandre Hopkins, and Andre Johnson. Their OL is decent as well. They were the 4th best team in the league for sacks allowed. Go ahead and tell me who Jacksonville has even close to the level of any one of those 3 and even if you think you want to compare someone, tell me how many years they've been in the league.

I don't know if I've ever seen a team in Jacksonville's current situation. I've seen rebuilds, but almost every rebuild has something already. Jacksonville might as well be an expansion team right now.

O
Jedd ***** sucks balls.

You folks act like you don't remember the gimmick offense he used to run. Do you remember when he lined Sentrell at the X wide receiver spot? What about when he sent Morris in motion from the slot wide receiver position only to get under center and take the snap? Even the announcers said that they had never seen that crap done. by the way, that play blew Stephen Morris' red shirt. That game was against USF. Morris had not played since game 1 against Maryland.

Jedd sucks balls......

I'm sure rod chudzinksi remembers it he still hired him despite that one chumpy play you mention. Fisch was the best coach on this staff and the only guy who flashed NFL ability. He's still young he will get better

I guess Gus Bradley and the Jags' brass disagree with this as Terry Richardson is still employed by the Jags.

Robinson is a position coach not a coordinator . Big difference

^^^^^Well he had a whole team full of NFL players in Jacksonville and didn't do **** with them. My guess is not as well as Chud did. When coaching against equal talent he showed he sucks. They both had opportunities to be OC in NFL. One failed miserably the other turned it into a NFL head coaching job.

This might be one of the most short sighted, ridiculous posts I've ever seen. Hey genius, all the teams they are playing against were full teams of NFL players too. All the teams they are playing against do not have more rookies starting for them than veterans like they did. You understand half of Jacksonville's roster was in their first or second year in the league?

I want to see which OC succeeds right away with a rookie QB throwing to 3 rookie WR's (one of which was UFA) while playing behind 2 rookie O Line guys. The veterans they did have were more crappy OL, Mercedes Lewis, Toby Gerhard, and Cecil Shorts. That's a ******* all star group right there. Seriously, the ignorance that some people display is insane.
It's hard to compare exact situations. The difference between winning and losing in the NFL is a real fine line. Teams go from last to first in 1 yr. Texans went from 1st pick to 9 wins with very few different pieces added. Chud took a rookie QB and the worst ranked offense the previous yr and raised them to 4th in total offense. He did have Steve Smith and two Cane Te's. So he did have a few more weapons than Bortles. I don't think my point was rediculous. Chud did well at every OC spot he held. Cleveland Carolina and of course Canes. But I guess your point was wherever he went they were already good. You can only judge by performance. Chud performed and IMO Jedd did not. Quit making excuse like many did with Golden. Judge by performance. JMO no need to get jimmies rustled.

No jimmies rustled. Just thought the comment was ridiculous due to context. I'm going to put this in college terms based on current rosters. If the NFL were the SEC, Jacksonville's roster could be considered the Vanderbilt. There are zero expectations because everyone and there momma with any sense knows they don't have the team to do it with. Everyone knows they are in complete rebuild right now. Jacksonville would be Iowa St in the Big 12. I'm honestly surprised they have as many wins as they do this year based on their roster alone.

With that said, take any OC you want and put him on Iowa St or Vanderbilt (as the OC, not the HC) and tell me where you would expect their offense to stack up compared to the rest of the conference. Now take those teams and give them a true freshman QB, all freshman WR's, 2 freshman OL with surrounding scrubs, a 3rd year undersized rb and an older slow wanna be power back, and an average tight end who is hurt most of the year. There is not an OC alive who are going to bring those offenses to the top half of their conference or that will even make them respectable in that first season. I'm begging you find me what OC is going to do that.

On top of all that, you have a difference of opinion between the HC and OC. HC wants to be ultra conservative and the OC is uptempo (look at how people think Golden is holding Coley back from what he wants to run).

All of the scenarios you mentioned are not the same as Jacksonville's. yes a 1st pick team and turn it around and become a good team with only a couple of players, but you ceased to mention the fact that they have Arian Foster, Deandre Hopkins, and Andre Johnson. Their OL is decent as well. They were the 4th best team in the league for sacks allowed. Go ahead and tell me who Jacksonville has even close to the level of any one of those 3 and even if you think you want to compare someone, tell me how many years they've been in the league.

I don't know if I've ever seen a team in Jacksonville's current situation. I've seen rebuilds, but almost every rebuild has something already. Jacksonville might as well be an expansion team right now.
I just don't agree. You put 3 difference makers on Vandy the are still vandy. You put three difference makers on jags and your right there. Good OC makes decent players better. If your on an NFL roster your decent. Fischer did nothing. Jags are not good I agree but they didn't even show flashes which in my mind is telling. Like our offense this yr. Coley was avg at best but we at least showed flashes of excellence. But hey with my misguided expectations of my canes and fins over last decade wtf do I know lol.

I just don't agree. You put 3 difference makers on Vandy the are still vandy. You put three difference makers on jags and your right there. Good OC makes decent players better. If your on an NFL roster your decent. Fischer did nothing. Jags are not good I agree but they didn't even show flashes which in my mind is telling. Like our offense this yr. Coley was avg at best but we at least showed flashes of excellence. But hey with my misguided expectations of my canes and fins over last decade wtf do I know lol.
That is exactly the point though. There are not 3 difference makers in Jacksonville therefore they are still the jags loaded with rookies. Put those 3 players with a respectable o line and I bet Jax has a respectable offense. Better yet trade the OC for Houston for fisch and then we have this conversation again.

Im not trying to say fisch is elite, even if I do like fisch. I'm just saying you can't judge fisch based on a year where over half of his offense comprised of rookies and the rest are jags.

Furthermore gus is firing fisch based on difference of opinion. Gus wants to be conservative, fisch is aggressive. straight from bortles mouth, fisch's approach is what he is used to. It's similar to how he was coached at ucf. He spent the first part of the season learning the offense and i feel like he was starting to get a grasp with reduced interceptions. I almost fear that gus is going to end up holding bortles back with an over conservative approach/knee jerk reaction to bad offensive rankings without seeing the situation for what it is.

Advertisement

I want to see which OC succeeds right away with a rookie QB throwing to 3 rookie WR's (one of which was UFA) while playing behind 2 rookie O Line guys. The veterans they did have were more crappy OL, Mercedes Lewis, Toby Gerhard, and Cecil Shorts. That's a ****ing all star group right there. Seriously, the ignorance that some people display is insane.

That is exactly the point though. There are not 3 difference makers in Jacksonville therefore they are still the jags loaded with rookies. Put those 3 players with a respectable o line and I bet Jax has a respectable offense. Better yet trade the OC for Houston for fisch and then we have this conversation again.

Im not trying to say fisch is elite, even if I do like fisch. I'm just saying you can't judge fisch based on a year where over half of his offense comprised of rookies and the rest are jags.

Furthermore gus is firing fisch based on difference of opinion. Gus wants to be conservative, fisch is aggressive. straight from bortles mouth, fisch's approach is what he is used to. It's similar to how he was coached at ucf. He spent the first part of the season learning the offense and i feel like he was starting to get a grasp with reduced interceptions. I almost fear that gus is going to end up holding bortles back with an over conservative approach/knee jerk reaction to bad offensive rankings without seeing the situation for what it is.

I am mixed on Fisch. He gets too pass happy but I agree he had nothing to work with. When ur OL can't block u have no chance in the NFL. In my experience, offense is way more about jimmy and joes than defense. In college u can run overly simplistic systems like Meyer, malzhan, Kelley, etc and be successful. A pro style system requires talent especially at QB. If you don't have a smart qb, u have almost no shot unless u r the Ravens for one year. Look at dirk Koetter. His offenses were avg to horrible at jax, goes to Atlanta and voila he is a good OC again.

I am mixed on Fisch. He gets too pass happy but I agree he had nothing to work with. When ur OL can't block u have no chance in the NFL. In my experience, offense is way more about jimmy and joes than defense. In college u can run overly simplistic systems like Meyer, malzhan, Kelley, etc and be successful. A pro style system requires talent especially at QB. If you don't have a smart qb, u have almost no shot unless u r the Ravens for one year. Look at dirk Koetter. His offenses were avg to horrible at jax, goes to Atlanta and voila he is a good OC again.

Completely agree. I love Fisch, but I am aware he has some bad tendencies and tries to get too creative at times, but that's why I love him. He's willing to go outside the box once in awhile and keep you honest. The Jax situation is a joke though. I think they have some solid young talent, but I think Gus is having a knee jerk reaction to the bad offensive rankings without keeping things in context.

Looks like he'll be offered the Pass Game Coord job at Michigan.

P. Schrager ‏@PSchrags 26m26 minutes ago

College FB news -- I'm hearing ex-Jags OC Jedd Fisch will be offered the Pass Game Coordinator job at University of Michigan. @FOXSports1

So, they will have a more accomplished passing game coordinator than anyone on our staff... got it... We should have brought him back as qb coach/asst head coach...... IMO then if AG is ****ting the bed half way through the season he would be the only guy qualified to at least get us through the season, or through bowl preparations to get the guy we would want...

Advertisement
What I find most funny about this topic is that, should we release James Coley and hire Jedd Fisch, the one person who would benefit the most would be Brad Kaaya. Fisch is exactly who he needs to get him NFL ready. Yet Brad Kaaya would likely ***** out and transfer if Coley were fired.

Perfect little snapshot of how ****ed up UM football is right now.

The verdict is still out with Coach Coley!

He was married to a Freshman QB, who probably didn't have the full playbook under his belt! As far as the offense goes, the OL failed us in the form of providing a running game when we needed it!

Only real fault I place on Coley is not dialing up some specific plays, telling Kayaa where to throw; in games that came down to the wire. Kid had too many weapons out there, to try to goto his roommate in the clutch!!

Once we figured out that St Coley wasn't going to show up this year, Dorsett should have been the feature receiver!

Advertisement
Back