Jedd Fisch to U of Arizona

First head coaching gig.
I have no idea how good of a HC Jeff will be, but I always thought he was the best OC we'd had in 2 decades. Again, if Al would've replaced Donuts with a real DC and kept Fisch, the Canes would've had a much different trajectory a few years back. Anyway, always thought he was a quality coach and I wish him success.

Advertisement
His QB evals were terrible here. Loved him as an OC, hated him in talent evaluation. I am sure Arizona will be alot of the same.
I'm sure he's learned at least a bit in the last 7 years. He was extremely green when he was hired here. There is a reason he got NFL gigs.

Fisch was utter and complete garbage, just like every Golden assistant I can recall. I’m amazed that people forget that.

And, given how bad Cam Newton looks this year, Fisch still seems to be garbage.

Advertisement
Advertisement
@linesniper @theribdoctor @SpikeUM @1mg of Epi @Canesince1985 @wspcane @gordonsolie (I think you’re a member of the tribe along with @ScharfCane ) - get a minion together. Boychik made it to HC. That’s 1 down and 129 more to go and this league is ours!

Don't feel the need to dominate yet another industry?

Kidding, just a paraphrase of the great Nat X.

1608746171562.png

Nat X’s “Top 5 Reasons Brothers don’t play hockey”:

• Reason #5: It’s cold out there.
  • Reason #4: They scared to get their gold tooth knocked out.
  • Reason #3: Don’t want to be around white guys with sticks.
  • Reason #2: Don’t want to be around a white guy with a mask.
  • …and the #1 Reason Black Guys Don’t Play Hockey: Don’t feel the need to dominate yet another sport.

Pro style bros rejoice! There’s gonna be so much full back in the flats, bro! Defenses will never see it coming bro!

Advertisement
This dude SUCKED while he was here. Coley was a better OC than Fisch. Same X's and O's, but at least Coley could recruit

I think this ends in disaster in 2-3 years as someone already stated above

Yeah I don’t understand where the fisch loves come from

he was above average at BEST

Yeah I don’t understand where the fisch loves come from

he was above average at BEST
He was only OC for two years. 2011 was very mediocre/below average but 2012 with Snickers, Duke and Mike James was one of our better offenses in recent years. They struggled with consistency though because Morris was just so erratic throwing the ball. A 60 yard bomb would be right on the money and the next play, he’d throw a 5 yard slant in the dirt.

Advertisement
He was only OC for two years. 2011 was very mediocre/below average but 2012 with Snickers, Duke and Mike James was one of our better offenses in recent years. They struggled with consistency though because Morris was just so erratic throwing the ball. A 60 yard bomb would be right on the money and the next play, he’d throw a 5 yard slant in the dirt.

60 yard bomb with Fisch? Fisch never called throws beyond about 20 yards. That’s one of the things I disliked most about him.

Happy for Jedd, despite him sometimes getting a bit cute in the redzone, dude was a solid playcaller. Not an accident that the offense got significantly worse once he left and Coley took over. Frankly, the worst thing that happened to Al Golden was Fisch leaving for the NFL. Once the O regressed, the D being a greasefire became even more evident and Golden's refusal to fire his incompetent buddy got everyone ****canned.

I live in Arizona, even worked at the UA for a bit. That program is a greasefire, mostly because they don't really try in regards to football. You have a loud minority of people over in Tucson that won't support anyone that wasn't around the program during the Desert Swarm era. I'm shocked that Fisch took the job, it's one with a bad success probability. Fisch should be good enough to get the program to 7-9 wins per year, but I just don't think he's going to like living in Tucson, I sure as **** didn't.

This dude SUCKED while he was here. Coley was a better OC than Fisch. Same X's and O's, but at least Coley could recruit

I think this ends in disaster in 2-3 years as someone already stated above

Yep, Fisch sucked so badly he got an NFL OC gig after Miami. Fisch made Jacory Harris and Stephen Morris palatable. Let that settle in. Coley was a recruiter with a playsheet.

Was Fisch the second coming of Gary Stevens? No, but he was solid for what he was. Frankly, had Miami been able to stop ANYONE in the Golden tenure, Fisch would be remembered more fondly than he is. Lost count how often Miami dropped games that they should have been able to easily win, merely because of how bad the D was.

Advertisement
Back