JC Jackson

Because corners are the money position he has elite ball skills and is amazingly agile

he does, and he's still not as talented a CB as Tabor and VH3… If he came here, he would be right up there with Burns as our most talented CB

He may not be as polished as VH3, but he's at least as talented. This is a really high ceiling player. One of my favorites in this class.

as a pure athlete, i agree. But, being polished at CB is a talent within its self… not everyone that runs fast and has good hips can become a polished CB

I see what you mean re: VHIII because he's just that technical freak. I don't agree completely, though. I think you can take plus-athletes and turn them into impact corners. The NFL is littered with athletic corners who were "late bloomers" from a technique and polish standpoint.

Advertisement
Because corners are the money position he has elite ball skills and is amazingly agile

he does, and he's still not as talented a CB as Tabor and VH3… If he came here, he would be right up there with Burns as our most talented CB

He may not be as polished as VH3, but he's at least as talented. This is a really high ceiling player. One of my favorites in this class.

Just about got instant chub on that one, we need to flip this kid.

as a pure athlete, i agree. But, being polished at CB is a talent within its self… not everyone that runs fast and has good hips can become a polished CB

I see what you mean re: VHIII because he's just that technical freak. I don't agree completely, though. I think you can take plus-athletes and turn them into impact corners. The NFL is littered with athletic corners who were "late bloomers" from a technique and polish standpoint.

I agree mostly with your assessment, but VHIII gets underrated in the athlete category. He had the highest vert on UF's team last year at over 40" and ran a 4.48 electronic time. Pretty sure he had the fastest shuttle time on the team too, he has elite short area quickness. Burns is bigger and I feel like much faster in a straight line, but I think VHIII has better hips. Would that be a fair assessment? I'll add I've only watched Burns intently in about 3 Miami games so that might be off.

Didn't we sign the #1 recruiting class in the country right after going 5-7?

A. It was a very large class
B. Shannon's 1st year, easier to sell what's possible without the history
C. Had big local misses like Patrick Johnson/Peterson

But, still a very talented haul that was never developed. Talents like Harris and Streeter developed more in one year under Golden then they ever did under Blandy.

Advertisement

He's definitely not as polished as VH3. That kid was the most polished true freshman CB I can recall, ever. Extremely impressive player.

Didn't we sign the #1 recruiting class in the country right after going 5-7?

A. It was a very large class
B. Shannon's 1st year, easier to sell what's possible without the history
C. Had big local misses like Patrick Johnson/Peterson

But, still a very talented haul that was never developed. Talents like Harris and Streeter developed more in one year under Golden then they ever did under Blandy.

**** Storm Engage

Guys, this is a kid that we are REALLY after. Golden is working his tale off BEHIND the scenes to make sure we close this class STRONG. Adding a guy like JC would go a long WAY in helping him do that. The way UF had SNEAKY dealings with Powell and other kids committed to other teams makes me somewhat LEARY, but you should all know to never count OUT Golden. He's been KNOWN to swoop in late and flip kids at the LAST minute. The staff probably knew SOMETHING was up with Jackson, and that would EXPLAIN why we forced Bethel out.

The thing about GOLDEN is he has his NOSE to the grindstone, and after turning DOWN his dream job, he's got everything his REAR-VIEW mirror. He is now free to ROLL up his sleeves and put a RIBBON on this gift of a class.

lmao

Guys, this is a kid that we are REALLY after. Golden is working his tale off BEHIND the scenes to make sure we close this class STRONG. Adding a guy like JC would go a long WAY in helping him do that. The way UF had SNEAKY dealings with Powell and other kids committed to other teams makes me somewhat LEARY, but you should all know to never count OUT Golden. He's been KNOWN to swoop in late and flip kids at the LAST minute. The staff probably knew SOMETHING was up with Jackson, and that would EXPLAIN why we forced Bethel out.

The thing about GOLDEN is he has his NOSE to the grindstone, and after turning DOWN his dream job, he's got everything his REAR-VIEW mirror. He is now free to ROLL up his sleeves and put a RIBBON on this gift of a class.

lmao

:ibisroflmao:

Extremely well done.

Advertisement
Uncle Chapz ‏@JDotLeezy 3m

InsideTheU says that Miami sent 4 coaches to see JC Jackson this morning, and that it looks more like a UF/UM battle right now

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back