2025 Jayvan Boggs 4* WR from Cocoa

Advertisement
LOL - that's exactly the area where I grew up. I'm sure times have changed - although I still visit my parents - and I can see how someone not from the are could have that conception.
I just went back to brevard for first time in 5 years. Alot has built up and kinda makes the areas that always weren't great look worse. In fairness I was coming from overseas so America in general looked rough

Cocoa area is rough, you know you get a kid from there theyll be tough. They had a guy back in the day who was dare I say Noel devine-esque that either went to WVU or was supposed to when they had rich rod but I think grades was his issue and couldn’t stay away from the street stuff, last name was Buie and this cat was fast as ****
Buie was a stud. Blur that was tough runner too

Ryan Schneider last i checked is the hc at cocoa.

Ryan Schneider was the qb throwing the ball to Kevin Beard in high school at Plantation when he was putting up insane numbers at the time in Broward.

Coach Field also i believe was a hc at cocoa at one point. Its crazy i dont think weve ever landed anything from there either.

Advertisement
I just went back to brevard for first time in 5 years. Alot has built up and kinda makes the areas that always weren't great look worse. In fairness I was coming from overseas so America in general looked rough
Yep, the amount of growth has been ridiculous. That whole Viera area was virtually non-existent when I lived.

Ryan Schneider last i checked is the hc at cocoa.

Ryan Schneider was the qb throwing the ball to Kevin Beard in high school at Plantation when he was putting up insane numbers at the time in Broward.

Coach Field also i believe was a hc at cocoa at one point. Its crazy i dont think weve ever landed anything from there either.
He’s still the HC there. I was at the state title game against Bradford ( Starke) and I came away very impressed with his offense. Not only was the scheme college level with concepts and constant motion but his skill guys were very well coached. That said Chalil Cummminhs bottled this cat up while being matched up man 2 man all game. He followed him around . CC is handsy so he got some holding calls but he thoroughly won the matchup imo. Their qb had a Gator towel on and is supposedly a Gator fan, he also has a neck Mike Glemmon would be jealous of.. He looked legit for a HS kid but they were so far ahead schematically that I’m not sure how he translates at the next level , even though he’s a legit prospect.

He’s still the HC there. I was at the state title game against Bradford ( Starke) and I came away very impressed with his offense. Not only was the scheme college level with concepts and constant motion but his skill guys were very well coached. That said Chalil Cummminhs bottled this cat up while being matched up man 2 man all game. He followed him around . CC is handsy so he got some holding calls but he thoroughly won the matchup imo. Their qb had a Gator towel on and is supposedly a Gator fan, he also has a neck Mike Glemmon would be jealous of.. He looked legit for a HS kid but they were so far ahead schematically that I’m not sure how he translates at the next level , even though he’s a legit prospect.
Cocoa and Brevard County, in general, has always been Gator-leaning. I was born in Melbourne and lived in Palm Bay until we moved to Cocoa when I was eight and I've know several athletes that all went to UF and some to UGA. When I was a kid, I knew Fred McCallister - UF, Dale Carver - UGA both from Melbourne/Palm Bay. Knew about Chris Collinsworth, who was a little older and played against Wilber Marshall when he was at Titusville Astronaut HS. The only school that seemed to send players to the Canes was one of our rivals - Merritt Island. Played against Eric Ham and Bubba McDaniel when they were underclassmen.

Cocoa and Brevard County, in general, has always been Gator-leaning. I was born in Melbourne and lived in Palm Bay until we moved to Cocoa when I was eight and I've know several athletes that all went to UF and some to UGA. When I was a kid, I knew Fred McCallister - UF, Dale Carver - UGA both from Melbourne/Palm Bay. Knew about Chris Collinsworth, who was a little older and played against Wilber Marshall when he was at Titusville Astronaut HS. The only school that seemed to send players to the Canes was one of our rivals - Merritt Island. Played against Eric Ham and Bubba McDaniel when they were underclassmen.
Schneider is a Canes fan, but not the type to influence the kids.

Advertisement
I talked to Ryco’s bro at the gym the other day. His dad was my OC and played with his 3 brothers.
Wish I was on that team.

Didn't know he was a Canes fan at all and good that he doesn't influence the kids' decisions based solely on that!
Office Space No GIF

Advertisement
Advertisement
I played against Collinsworth in HS

Advertisement
Back