Jaylon Knighton is a Superstar in the making

Advertisement
He’s not an all purpose back and I hope we don’t try to put a bunch of weight on him to make him that

personally, I think 'less is more' with him in a sense that how you utilize him, and when, is important. To me, he's not a heavy duty back that can thrive with 30 carries..

But you get him 15-20 touches on swing passes, wheel routes, jet sweeps, bubble screens -- things of that nature -- and he can thrive.

Great in the open field when he has no opposition - but he needs to build some lower body strength - and bounce off a tackle here and there. Those shoe-string tackles tonight though....
He’s small. He’s the type of cat you move around and use all purpose. He’s not a horse that’ll pound inside , or he won’t last long. Get him touches in different facets and also use as a decoy. Why would you want to slam him inside and treat as horse just because you can? You run a spread for guys like him, utilize him without grinding him down to bits.

Lorenzo booker is a better comparison for size , speed and style. JK has a tad smaller frame. Put LB in today’s offenses and he’s a problem.

Last edited:
Advertisement
personally, I think 'less is more' with him in a sense that how you utilize him, and when, is important. To me, he's not a heavy duty back that can thrive with 30 carries..

But you get him 15-20 touches on swing passes, wheel routes, jet sweeps, bubble screens -- things of that nature -- and he can thrive.
Exactly .

Yall have to stop with the football cliches. Weight doesn't determine your durability. Never has. Rooster has always been tough as ****.

If he needs to work on anything it's his vision, patience and picking his feet up in traffic so he doesn't get tripped so easily.

But all this talk about not feeding him so much because of his durability is asinine. The whole reason he's having big games is because he's being fed, which is leading to more opportunities for him to break something big.
I don’t have to explain any of this to you but anyone that’s ever played or been around it knows ya gotta get in a rhythm

The rotation is ok in theory but it’s kinda bull**** too

I don’t have to explain any of this to you but anyone that’s ever played or been around it knows ya gotta get in a rhythm

The rotation is ok in theory but it’s kinda bull**** too
With somebody like JK you can play him and Chaney together. Knighton can be used in multiple ways , get your best players on the field. That’s what matters, the staff doesn’t understand that. Never has.

Last edited:
With somebody like JK you can play him and Chaney together. Knighton can be used in multiple ways , get your best players on the field. That’s what matters, we don’t understand that
It’s maddening to me

We’ve been doing it at every position since Manny has taken over it seems (other than LB smh)

Advertisement
There was absolutely no reason that Cam Harris should’ve been getting touches over The Don and Rooster

Man I can’t with this staff
Was he getting more touches because Rooster was suspended the 1st 4 games???

I think that he is a promising player with terrific talent. But he is not a super anything. That requires you to be a standout across an entire season. Next year could be it. But he needs to bulk up.
Agree. Plus he needs to show me he can take a run to the house over 50+ yards. Also runs too often east west and gets knocked down too easily.

Potential is there, and I like the direction but he isn't anywhere close to a superstar right now. Just a good back. If we had he and Harris splitting carries that would be much better.

He hasn’t come near his up side, he does have maxQ afterburner hasn’t the need yet he just pulls away easily, I’m looking for to his top end against Pitt.

As a team we haven’t peaked yet that’s a good sign.

GOCANES

Advertisement
Advertisement
Yall have to stop with the football cliches. Weight doesn't determine your durability. Never has. Rooster has always been tough as ****.

If he needs to work on anything it's his vision, patience and picking his feet up in traffic so he doesn't get tripped so easily.

But all this talk about not feeding him so much because of his durability is asinine. The whole reason he's having big games is because he's being fed, which is leading to more opportunities for him to break something big.

Did He ever play defense for you?

I noticed late in the game after he got into a rhythm he stopped going 100mph every carry and started being more patient.

If you watched his high school film the dude runs like a bull. He looked for contact and took and gave out a lot of it. Plays a lot bigger than he is IMO. Coincidentally, one of the things I think he should work on. Running little lower. Wish we had the dudes on the oline that could pull and he could follow and hit gaps.

Advertisement
Back