Jaylon Knighton commits to FSU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Say what you want until you right your wrongs in Broward Miami won't stiff another Championship. All these years they gave Broward best players their behind to kiss. St. Thomas and American Heritage that's all they cared about. Willie is relatable to the Black Players in Broward, and not dirty racist Miami which is full of White/Hispanic racist just like on this Board.

Dirty racist Miami? Imagine thinking teams in the deep south have more love to give the black kids from broward then their neighbors in Miami. Alabama had a female student saying the N word all through out a video but let me guess she's the only one in the state that talks like that right. There is video of LSU fans being openly racist, UGA had a student say put the N word in about Justin Fields. But Broward has no problem sending kids there but you call Miami Racist? Laughable

Advertisement
Why would I be angry?

Knighton is a solid back don't get me wrong. He's agile, has some power and interior running instincts. He's not as dynamic as Cam Akers who just had 4.4ypc last year in that toxic ecosystem. RBs just don't add or subtract a lot of value unless they're elite all-purpose guys (Duke, Cook) or bottom-barrel JAGs (extremely rare - only the Turds have had some recently).

I'm not as high on Chaney as others but I prefer him to Knighton because he has that unique trait/trump card with his elite acceleration. Knighton might be a better every-down back but I'd rather use Chaney in a 1-2 punch with a bigger chain-moving back.

You sound like Vern with the way you're putting personal allegiance to Noles over the team you supposedly root for. Are you that petty that you'd rather win an argument than get a successful outcome for the Canes, or are you a closet Nole too?

Exactly. Every year there's a Matt Dayes or Brandon Radcliff that goes under the radar. Usually several of those types.

You sounded angry in your post. That's the way so took it and it's easy to make those assumptions when there's no voice inflections.

You then referred to Knighton as a dime a dozen back when he is anything but that. That's a typical response when a tri-county area kid heads elsewhere.

Him and Chaney are similar sizes. Knighton is bigger than Duke was at this point, so size isn't a problem and it isn't a problem with Chaney either.
Knighton has elite acceleration just as Chaney does, not sure why you think he doesn't. He is explosive as ****. I feel he's shifter while Chaney has just a bit more top end. Akers is a good back, no question unless it's on this board.

Either one can be an every down back and will be. Neither is undersized and both will be in the 205 to 210 range to start out. If you want a bigger chain moving back to pair with one of them, then just say that.

I don't care about winning an argument. I categorically disagree that he is a dime a dozen back. I like his game better than Cheney's, ever so slightly. The could both sign wherever or switch pledges, I would still be saying the same thing. Sorry to burst your bubble, but I'm not always going to just pick our commit and say he's the best ever. Both are still great prospects and so far from some a dozen status it isn't even funny. Both schools should be happy and the only fool in the discussion is one who would downplay either of them.

You sounded angry in your post. That's the way so took it and it's easy to make those assumptions when there's no voice inflections.

You then referred to Knighton as a dime a dozen back when he is anything but that. That's a typical response when a tri-county area kid heads elsewhere.

Him and Chaney are similar sizes. Knighton is bigger than Duke was at this point, so size isn't a problem and it isn't a problem with Chaney either.
Knighton has elite acceleration just as Chaney does, not sure why you think he doesn't. He is explosive as ****. I feel he's shifter while Chaney has just a bit more top end. Akers is a good back, no question unless it's on this board.

Either one can be an every down back and will be. Neither is undersized and both will be in the 205 to 210 range to start out. If you want a bigger chain moving back to pair with one of them, then just say that.

I don't care about winning an argument. I categorically disagree that he is a dime a dozen back. I like his game better than Cheney's, ever so slightly. The could both sign wherever or switch pledges, I would still be saying the same thing. Sorry to burst your bubble, but I'm not always going to just pick our commit and say he's the best ever. Both are still great prospects and so far from some a dozen status it isn't even funny. Both schools should be happy and the only fool in the discussion is one who would downplay either of them.

nonsense. ***** broward

Advertisement
yup. thats the argument ender. if hes from broward, ***** him (which he is).

Yes, we should say ***** Broward. Hmm, looking at our roster, that might not be the best idea you've ever had. Past or present, that's one of the dumber things anyone has ever said. Good job.

Chaney is 5’11 205 now
Knighton is 5’9 194

Both of these guys are elite backs but I like Chaney’s upside at the position more

Advertisement
Yes, we should say ***** Broward. Hmm, looking at our roster, that might not be the best idea you've ever had. Past or present, that's one of the dumber things anyone has ever said. Good job.

the fact that you take this nonsense so seriously is hilarious.

the fact that you take this nonsense so seriously is hilarious.

Ah, so it was all a big joke. When faced with the stupidity of one's own words, that's a good position to take. I'll have to remember that one.

Chaney is 5’11 205 now
Knighton is 5’9 194

Both of these guys are elite backs but I like Chaney’s upside at the position more

Fair enough, I can live with that Brock.

Knighton was just said to be 5'10 the other day. Internet height and weight, I take with a collosal grain of salt. Either of those numbers though are adequate to be an every down back.

Say what you want until you right your wrongs in Broward Miami won't stiff another Championship. All these years they gave Broward best players their behind to kiss. St. Thomas and American Heritage that's all they cared about. Willie is relatable to the Black Players in Broward, and not dirty racist Miami which is full of White/Hispanic racist just like on this Board.

Now this statement is all around ridiculous, but you did hit on one good point.

Willie being black is a great recruiting tool. People don't realize it unless they are from a predominantly black neighborhood. But being able to tell the kids "we are going to be the first black coached team to win an NC and you can be part of it is a huge selling point". We all know there is going to be a movie one day about whichever black HC pulls that off.

Before people say "BUT RANDY SHANNON SUCKED AT CROOTING". Well its because people from the hood see him as a sellout even though he pulled himself up from the gutter, all by himself, where Willie didn't.

Kids don't want to have a guy like Randy telling them "work real hard and save money for your family, pull your pants up, don't listen to 21 savage". They want to hear Willies BS of him singing and dancing with them, etc. They see him as "similar to them" even though Randy came from a much closer background.

Advertisement
Miami won't win another Championship until they right their wrongs in Broward. Believe that.
giphy.gif

Remember when most of this site thought Yearby was better than Cook. LOL Dmoney made the excessive bump ban rule after he got caught saying it. Not Saying Knighton is better than Chaney.

Now this statement is all around ridiculous, but you did hit on one good point.

Willie being black is a great recruiting tool. People don't realize it unless they are from a predominantly black neighborhood. But being able to tell the kids "we are going to be the first black coached team to win an NC and you can be part of it is a huge selling point". We all know there is going to be a movie one day about whichever black HC pulls that off.

Before people say "BUT RANDY SHANNON SUCKED AT CROOTING". Well its because people from the hood see him as a sellout even though he pulled himself up from the gutter, all by himself, where Willie didn't.

Kids don't want to have a guy like Randy telling them "work real hard and save money for your family, pull your pants up, don't listen to 21 savage". They want to hear Willies BS of him singing and dancing with them, etc. They see him as "similar to them" even though Randy came from a much closer background.

You’re off base bruh... Just let that go. I know you’re just responding to Mr.954 but let it go. Don’t engage in that. I hate when people even bring up race regarding a recruit. I mean for a black man in America there’s no utopia. I always think it’s weird when posters talk about recruit A playing for an SEC team and bringing racism in it like Miami is a safe haven. However, Mr.954 isn’t making any sense. Bringing up racism in Miami is a reason why kids go to the SEC? I’m sorry I know I’m bias but I would never choose an SEC location over Miami. I can understand if kids leave for USC, UCLA, Washington & Cal but I’m not going to escape racism in Miami to go to Bama.

That’s why I said don’t engage in him because your response started spiraling crazy too with your generalizations about the black athletes pertaining to their perceptions of Randy being a “sell out” and WT “dancing.” Just stop.

Advertisement
You’re off base bruh... Just let that go. I know you’re just responding to Mr.954 but let it go. Don’t engage in that. I hate when people even bring up race regarding a recruit. I mean for a black man in America there’s no utopia. I always think it’s weird when posters talk about recruit A playing for an SEC team and bringing racism in it like Miami is a safe haven. However, Mr.954 isn’t making any sense. Bringing up racism in Miami is a reason why kids go to the SEC? I’m sorry I know I’m bias but I would never choose an SEC location over Miami. I can understand if kids leave for USC, UCLA, Washington & Cal but I’m not going to escape racism in Miami to go to Bama.

That’s why I said don’t engage in him because your response started spiraling crazy too with your generalizations about the black athletes pertaining to their perceptions of Randy being a “sell out” and WT “dancing.” Just stop.

Its really not spiraling towards crazy. I'm not saying every single athlete is going to like Willie over Randy, but the majority will.

The majority of young kids from the hood do not respect guys like Randy. Go to any block you want and ask kids if they would rather hang out with Neil Degrasse Tyson or Future.

Obviously, if you go to the huxtables block you may get a different response, but I'm talking about kids that actually are good at football.

Remember when most of this site thought Yearby was better than Cook. LOL Dmoney made the excessive bump ban rule after he got caught saying it. Not Saying Knighton is better than Chaney.

I never understood that. Yearby was a good back but Cook had everything. I do think Chaney and Knighton are closer in talent than Yearby and Cook though. However, I see Knighton as the slightly better back. Like Cook, when he takes off no one is in sight to catch him. Chaney is great as well but don’t they run like a wish-bone? I always hold my reservations on offenses like that in high school. I think their maybe some adjustment but both will have to adjust to p5 football anyway. Knighton won’t be outrunning everyone either. I also don’t think Chaney will be breaking tackles like he did in hs in college.

That being said, it’s a lot closer than our posters are giving credit. Both are talented. I can see both being AA/All ACC selections. I think it’ll only add to our rivalry games.

Its really not spiraling towards crazy. I'm not saying every single athlete is going to like Willie over Randy, but the majority will.

The majority of young kids from the hood do not respect guys like Randy. Go to any block you want and ask kids if they would rather hang out with Neil Degrasse Tyson or Future.

Obviously, if you go to the huxtables block you may get a different response, but I'm talking about kids that actually are good at football.

Stop it. You’re generalizing and not giving my community enough credit. Kids are more socially aware of the world around them than you give them credit. Sure there’s immaturity everywhere but... Never mind, just please stop. You don’t know what you’re talking about. 🤦🏾‍♂️

Bro there's no utopia for anyone in any country except for maybe the top 1%. Everyone is struggling in some form or fashion!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back