Jaylon Knighton commits to FSU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stop it. You’re generalizing and not giving my community enough credit. Kids are more socially aware of the world around them than you give them credit. Sure there’s immaturity everywhere but... Never mind, just please stop. You don’t know what you’re talking about. 🤦🏾‍♂️

I'm not generalizing. I am stating a fact. Is saying kids like Saban more than Leach generalizing? No. Its just a fact. I am probably closer to the kids age than you are.

Advertisement
I said it way back when some of those dirty coaches from monarch came over to Deerfield. There is no point in recruiting that program. Glad Manny learned quick not to waste time and effort at that school.

The last Deerfield kid we signed: Ken Dorsey’s backup... Derrick Crudup

The last commit prior to Restrepo:

Brandon Powell... who was going to early enroll at Miami then the day he was supposed be on campus he was up in Jortsville signing papers.

There was one more commit who later defected to UNC. I can’t think of his name.

Advertisement
Ah, so it was all a big joke. When faced with the stupidity of one's own words, that's a good position to take. I'll have to remember that one.

***** broward isnt meant to be taken seriously. if you couldn't see that, there's nothing more i can say lol

Hard to worry about people who want back on the Titanic.

1564752556110.png

Advertisement
That’s an unrealistic position. Have you ever sat with the family as they consider which D1 school to have the football or basketball player son attend? The conversation centers on depth chart and playing pro, and those 2 factors are interrelated. And that was for my nephew who was a McDonald’s high school all American. It’s just reality and it has nothing to do with fear. Everyone in life wants the path of least resistance and athletes are no exception to human nature.

if that was the case, how do you explain Bama, Clemson and Georgia???

if that was the case, how do you explain Bama, Clemson and Georgia???

McDonald's All American refers to basketball, which if you're one, has a much different recruiting approach than being recruited for football. While some similarities would exist, his relative would've been looking to potentially be one and done ot close to it.

McDonald's All American refers to basketball, which if you're one, has a much different recruiting approach than being recruited for football. While some similarities would exist, his relative would've been looking to potentially be one and done ot close to it.
i dont follow basketball even in the slightest, but in football as he mentioned i don't see how this is the case.

Well according to @lauderdaleballer that would be generalizing. Don't you dare assume what kids love more in his town.

Bruh you were spewing nonsense. You didn’t know what you were talking about. “Most black kids want to be future...” Do you know how idiotic that sounds? That’s not true. You didn’t say anything about taking money. If that was the case, that logic would apply to white kids and anyone else. You said the majority of black kids look at RS as a sellout and would prefer someone like Willie because he dances. That’s just dumb. You fixed your fingers and typed that mess without hesitation too 🤦🏾‍♂️ . Stop it. The ignorance you were typing was like minstrel show.

Advertisement
Bro there's no utopia for anyone in any country except for maybe the top 1%. Everyone is struggling in some form or fashion!

Not going off topic. Let’s not lose focus of the point I was bringing up. And let’s ignore the truth I was sharing. Most of the times when race is brought up on here it’s because a black student opts to sign with an SEC program. Our posters tend to say “I can’t believe they signed with program x in that racist town...” Since that comment is directed at black athletes, let’s not try ignore why they say that. We understand the history regarding the treatment towards blacks in this country that still lingers on to this day in some fashion. I just pointed out there’s no perfect place for blacks in the USA and I think there’s no reason to bring up racism when a kid opts to sign with a program. And I believe you know all of this. I didn’t dismiss the plight of any other community, so I don’t understand why your point shared but okay.

However, I also thought that Mr.954 comments were crazy. You don’t escape racism in Miami to go to Bama, Georgia or Mississippi.

I'm not generalizing. I am stating a fact. Is saying kids like Saban more than Leach generalizing? No. Its just a fact. I am probably closer to the kids age than you are.

“The majority of young kids from the hood do not respect guys like Randy. Go to any block you want and ask kids if they would rather hang out with Neil Degrasse Tyson or Future.”

How is that a fact? That’s not a fact. What data did you compile to come to that idiotic conclusion haha? Haha. Even if they aren’t familiar with Neil Degrasse, they’ll Jay-Z and won’t be because of his music. They’ll say Robert Smith.

Advertisement
“The majority of young kids from the hood do not respect guys like Randy. Go to any block you want and ask kids if they would rather hang out with Neil Degrasse Tyson or Future.”

How is that a fact? That’s not a fact. What data did you compile to come to that idiotic conclusion haha? Haha. Even if they aren’t familiar with Neil Degrasse, they’ll Jay-Z and won’t be because of his music. They’ll say Robert Smith.
Bruh you were spewing nonsense. You didn’t know what you were talking about. “Most black kids want to be future...” Do you know how idiotic that sounds? That’s not true. You didn’t say anything about taking money. If that was the case, that logic would apply to white kids and anyone else. You said the majority of black kids look at RS as a sellout and would prefer someone like Willie because he dances. That’s just dumb. You fixed your fingers and typed that mess without hesitation too 🤦🏾‍♂️ . Stop it. The ignorance you were typing was like minstrel show.

GTFO!! LMFAO. You are saying most kids in the hood know who Robert Smith is? You must be the Randy Shannon type to get this offended about facts.

Want to know how I know? Because I actually grew up in one of the worst PJs in America. Polo Grounds in the 90s and 00s. When it was the Murder Capital. I still be in the hood on a regular basis. I talk to the kids, I know how the majority think. They think guys like Randy are sell outs. I visit my cousins in Chicago, Philly, Jersey, Atl, New Orleans. Every hood I been to the majority think the same way. They are kids.

Guess what, white kids think the same way. Don't try to make this racist, but last time I checked we aren't trying to pull tons of white kids out of Broward so thats why I didn't bring them up. Go to an 18 year old white football player in rural georgia and ask him if he would rather be Einstein or Dan Bilzerian. Eveyone is going to pick Bilzerian.

You don't know tf you are talking about. Very few kids actually respect the nerdy types like Randy that pulled themselves up from the boot straps. They like the guys like Willie that act like them and don't try to preach to them about BS.

If willie doesn't put it on the field, kids won't give af about how "cool" he is, but that was why he was recruiting well before.

GTFO!! LMFAO. You are saying most kids in the hood know who Robert Smith is? You must be the Randy Shannon type to get this offended about facts.

Want to know how I know? Because I actually grew up in one of the worst PJs in America. Polo Grounds in the 90s and 00s. When it was the Murder Capital. I still be in the hood on a regular basis. I talk to the kids, I know how the majority think. They think guys like Randy are sell outs. I visit my cousins in Chicago, Philly, Jersey, Atl, New Orleans. Every hood I been to the majority think the same way. They are kids.

Guess what, white kids think the same way. Don't try to make this racist, but last time I checked we aren't trying to pull tons of white kids out of Broward so thats why I didn't bring them up. Go to an 18 year old white football player in rural georgia and ask him if he would rather be Einstein or Dan Bilzerian. Eveyone is going to pick Bilzerian.

You don't know tf you are talking about. Very few kids actually respect the nerdy types like Randy that pulled themselves up from the boot straps. They like the guys like Willie that act like them and don't try to preach to them about BS.

If willie doesn't put it on the field, kids won't give af about how "cool" he is, but that was why he was recruiting well before.

Only a fool makes an asinine statement then attempts to pull rank. “I grew up in the hood...” So I did too. That’s why I can tell you that you don’t know what you’re talking about. Bruh, from that message I doubt you interact with any black people. 🤦🏾‍♂️ you fixed your fingers to type that foolishness and now you’re mad. Just stop. For you to say the majority of black kids perceive the world in that manner is ignorant. And I doubt you interact with more black kids than I do. I doubt you interact it with more high school to college age students than I do. I don’t care where you were raise. You are still oblivious to reality.

Only a fool makes an asinine statement then attempts to pull rank. “I grew up in the hood...” So I did too. That’s why I can tell you that you don’t know what you’re talking about. Bruh, from that message I doubt you interact with any black people. 🤦🏾‍♂️ you fixed your fingers to type that foolishness and now you’re mad. Just stop. For you to say the majority of black kids perceive the world in that manner is ignorant. And I doubt you interact with more black kids than I do. I doubt you interact it with more high school to college age students than I do. I don’t care where you were raise. You are still oblivious to reality.

LMFAO I interact with a **** of a lot more black people than you. Lauderdale isn't even primarly black. Harlem was pretty much 99% black. The reason I brought it up is because you tried to pull rank by using a dumbass emoji to show me that your black and young. Lauderdale has what? 50k black people. We got over 300k. and your city is almost double the size of my city. I got close to 10k in my building alone.

You fixed your fingers to try and make some ********* statement that all 18 year kids are intellectuals who want to be physicists when they are older. I can't believe I am even having this conversation with someone. Either the only interaction you have with kids is the nerds in Fort Lauderdale Library or going to the "talented and gifted schools", but you are wrong. The fact that you said jay z. Tells me you are old af. Even kids from brooklyn don't have jay z as their number 1 role model anymore.

The vast majority of kids would rather hangout with cool celebrities, that bang dimes, listen to popular music, and do the cool things. Not study and hangout with guys that are going to preach to you about the benefits of hard work.

Like I said maybe the nerds who spend their entire days studying think like that and good for them, they are mature for their age. But thats not how the majority of kids think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back