Jaylon Ferguson has NFL Combine Invite Rescinded

Funny how some get invited for rapping,stealing crab legs etc .but if you get in one fight pay your dues for the wrong doing .then walk a straight line afterwards to clear your name get uninvited.this decision is sending the wrong message to kids today.kids will start thinking why clean up my act if your still going to punish me.

Unfortunately the person you allude to was never convicted, there's a difference.

Advertisement
I don't see a problem here, the NFL has a policy that if you're convicted of a violent crime, either misdemeanor or felony you're not invited?
Two other guys didn't even get an invite.

Here's a tip, don't do stupid ****, it could come back to haunt you.
nobody's perfect everyone makes a mistake of two in life that they'll regret.if someone owns up to it pays they're dues does what's necessary to clean they're act up shouldn't be punished twice for the same mistake.

Advertisement
So should they have a time limit of like 90 days? Either you don't get arrested in college or you do. If it happened last week, that's worse? It's amazing how easy it is to go through life and not be arrested.

Under NFL policy, a player can be disinvited from the event "if a background check reveals a conviction of a felony or misdemeanor involving violence.

So basically it's a case by case basis because it's up to the NFL to make that determination. Guarantee if it was a high profile top 5 pick they would make the exception

And yes I agree it's easy to go through life without being arrested but sometimes things happen...wrong place wrong time. The NFL suddenly gonna get all self righteous on us after all the players that get arrested every single year.

Last edited:
I think all players with a 1st-2nd round grade shouldn't participate in the combine drills they should just go for hight weight and talk to Gms. The nfl has to much power the players has to do what's best for them because the nfl is only looking out for there brand.

This is why Montez Sweat, GDub, Jeffery Simmons and Preston Williams will all fall in the draft. Straight up anybody who gets arrested in reality if the NFL wants to punish Ferguson needs to be left off the combine.... Except they won't because too many stars will be left off. **** the NFL for this but I mean him falling and being a steal foe rhe Dolphins is a nice thought

Advertisement
I don't see a problem here, the NFL has a policy that if you're convicted of a violent crime, either misdemeanor or felony you're not invited?
Two other guys didn't even get an invite.

Here's a tip, don't do stupid ****, it could come back to haunt you.

Don't pick and chose. Be uniform in the policy

Under NFL policy, a player can be disinvited from the event "if a background check reveals a conviction of a felony or misdemeanor involving violence.

So basically it's a case by case basis because it's up to the NFL to make that determination. Guarantee if it was a high profile top 5 pick they would make the exception

And yes I agree it's easy to go through life without being arrested but sometimes things happen...wrong place wrong time. The NFL suddenly gonna get all self righteous on us after all the players that get arrested every single year.
I personally think if you make a rule, then it should be universally applied for a conviction. But I assume you're grabbing for your race card with the Mayfield question, which makes zero sense. The NFL deals in an overwhelmingly majority of black athletes, that's what they buy and sell. You think a slave owner ever said, "no, keep that one out of the auction, he's black"? They are trading in black men.

You can slowly put it back in your wallet now. You've already changed your post.

Advertisement
I personally think if you make a rule, then it should be universally applied for a conviction. But I assume you're grabbing for your race card with the Mayfield question, which makes zero sense. The NFL deals in an overwhelmingly majority of black athletes, that's what they buy and sell. You think a slave owner ever said, "no, keep that one out of the auction, he's black"? They are trading in black men.

You can slowly put it back in your wallet now. You've already changed your post.

Lol don't even start with the race card. I changed my post because I realized that Mayfield was never convicted only arrested for his incident and the NFL rule is for convictions.

But I stand by my post if young man did everything required of him from his arrest and simple battery charge they why penalize him more ? The rule says Can be disinvited not shall be ...so in this case the nfl acts like the Ncaa does

Furthermore I'm a Caucasian Cuban so.....

Advertisement
Lol don't even start with the race card. I changed my post because I realized that Mayfield was never convicted only arrested for his incident and the NFL rule is for convictions.

But I stand by my post if young man did everything required of him from his arrest and simple battery charge they why penalize him more ? The rule says Can be disinvited not shall be ...so in this case the nfl acts like the Ncaa does

Furthermore I'm a Caucasian Cuban so.....
Still a minority, so you get your card for free

nobody's perfect everyone makes a mistake of two in life that they'll regret.if someone owns up to it pays they're dues does what's necessary to clean they're act up shouldn't be punished twice for the same mistake.
I don't disagree and I'm not defending the NFL in general, but it's not as though they just made the rule up to punish this one guy.

Don't pick and chose. Be uniform in the policy

From what can glean off the story they didn't pick and chose, they also didn't invite two other guys. Seems to me a likely scenario is they invited him and then it was brought up that two others hadn't been invited due to this rule and then they back-tracked on the invite to avoid an issue.

So he won't be invited to the combine because of this incident, but it's totally ok for him to play in the NFL? I'm really not getting what the message is supposed to be here. A history of violence is ok but you won't make top dollar? The justice system is just a little too lenient, so we're going to add a little more punishment? You've proven to be violent so we don't want you around other prospective employees...the good news is that once we actually hire you , we aren't worried about your affect on other players anymore?

Advertisement
Back