Jaylon Ferguson has NFL Combine Invite Rescinded

So he won't be invited to the combine because of this incident, but it's totally ok for him to play in the NFL? I'm really not getting what the message is supposed to be here. A history of violence is ok but you won't make top dollar? The justice system is just a little too lenient, so we're going to add a little more punishment? You've proven to be violent so we don't want you around other prospective employees...the good news is that once we actually hire you , we aren't worried about your affect on other players anymore?

LMAO, that's a **** good point. I request to retract all my previous comments.

Advertisement
I don't see a problem here, the NFL has a policy that if you're convicted of a violent crime, either misdemeanor or felony you're not invited?
Two other guys didn't even get an invite.

Here's a tip, don't do stupid ****, it could come back to haunt you.

I don't think anyone is saying he should get special treatment. They are saying the rule itself is ridiculous.

I was going to commend the NFL for taking action before it even became big, because ** like this shouldn't be encouraged in the slightest....until I realized that he did this his freshman year. Pretty ****** when he's already been punished to go back and ** him over for something he's obviously learned from by staying clean since then.
The Brett Kavanaugh of the Draft.

With the sauce added
Anytime McNuggets involved you up the risk of an alteration. I guess they are mind-altering and lead to explosive rage and anger...kinda like 'roids or some other toxic substance.

Maybe they should ban Nuggets or at least start testing for them in the urine or bloodstream. No more alterations.

Advertisement
Now some team is gonna get a player at 50 cents on the dollar. NFL team benefits. Kid who made the mistake pays the price via first contract.

Advertisement
He would have done better by trying out for the supreme court.

Yeah, but first he needs his friend to run scared to Delaware and hide out silently in a beach house. Prototype behavior when you have nothing to conceal. Just allow Susan Collins to be typically concerned and bewildered and it will all go away.

The NFL should have done this decades ago. I started purchasing the Joel Buchsbaum Pro Football Weekly draft guide in the late '70s. Every year it was absolutely unbelievable how many prospects had been involved in serious assaults and altercations, often one incident after another. When I saw a very lengthy scouting report it was almost guaranteed to be off the field recital more than depiction of strengths and weaknesses. I never understood how it was ignored and those players allowed to go through the process as if nothing happened.

I'd estimate the number of excluded players could be tripled, at lowest.

Ferguson is an interesting player on the field. Kind of a aggressive undisciplined wild man who is never in good shape, but that is typical of the Louisiana Tech program in general. They always lead the nation -- or nearby -- in talented players with sloppy midsections.

Advertisement
Back