2023 Jaylon Braxton 4* 2023 CB from TX

Advertisement
The CB board for me is the hardest one to figure out. Everyone wants Cormani and is a true battle. Sure we on the Heritage guy Brown and Muhammad from Texas but its all weird to read
And the corner Lee from Georgia but I have no clue if those the only targets

The CB board for me is the hardest one to figure out. Everyone wants Cormani and is a true battle. Sure we on the Heritage guy Brown and Muhammad from Texas but its all weird to read
I don't think anyone outside of the staff has any idea what our boards look like. As has been said, every freakin' day a new name and offer seems to pop up. Can't accuse our staff or being lazy.

Advertisement
Advertisement
There goes Michigan State again. This is getting old. And to think people aren't taking them seriously as a competitor for high end recruits.

State has some funds. Tucker's contract displays that. Glad we're expanding our CB board. Cormani is SEC bound and Damari is at Heritage which has not been friendly to us in the past sending most their players out of state. Need quality plan B options.

Screenshot_20220607-120909_Samsung Internet.jpg

Apparently already has 4 OV set up although June 10th could be an opening to visit Miami.

Advertisement
@Liberty City El can you give us a breakdown on Jaylon when you get a chance?
Frisco TX kid, he used to play at Independence HS (same school as Elijah Arroyo) but transferred to Lone Star for his Junior season. His older brother is 2021 QB that signed with Tulsa, he was a kid that was actually talked about on the board here back before we knew if we were actually gonna get Jake Garcia.

A WR convert 2-way player, had 38rec & 467yds receiving last year, but also had 7PBU’s & 4INT’s.

He’s new to CB, so they have him mostly playing in off coverage Bail technique at Boundary. He does a really good job with eye discipline & play recognition displaying good football & instincts. He’s utilizes T-step technique when reading & breaking on the ball & shows natural playmaking ability as a return man.

Has very good 10.83 speed in the 100m, improved on his times very well was an 11.3 kid earlier.

He’ll have to learn how to play Press man bump & run at the next level, but has the physical ability to be a very good cover corner with development & proper tutelage. Will need time in the S&C to get stronger, is barely 165lbs right now but has the frame to get into the 180lbs range.

Very good good upside 4-star prospect, he was actually a player I had planned on posting over the summer but I didn’t think he’d get an offer from us. He’s got multiple OV’s already scheduled & had been considered a Baylor lean as of last month until Mich ST has made a late push & with them landing 4-star CB Chance Rucker from Ryan Denton (Anthony Hill’s teammate) just yesterday there’s some rumbling they’re surging in Jaylon’s recruitment & are neck & neck with Baylor if not possibly coming in for the swoop.

He’s supposed to be announcing his commitment next month in July, so Idk how much ground we can make up in that short time but I like the fact we’re expanding the horizon of our CB board because for a while it seemed like we were only really after a handful & most of whom were kinda iffy.

We need to offer more CB’s this cycle & there’s several in Texas, Louisiana & Cali that we haven’t gone after, why idk but it would be nice to see us get aggressive at this spot. CB recruiting for Miami is always advanced calculus & it’s frustrating because I’ve known for a fact over the years of multiple OOS CB’s who would’ve committed to us if we simply offered & applied pressure.

Last year was really the first time we seen it come to fruition with Jaden Harris & Khamauri Rogers, hopefully we see more of that.

Frisco TX kid, he used to play at Independence HS (same school as Elijah Arroyo) but transferred to Lone Star for his Junior season. His older brother is 2021 QB that signed with Tulsa, he was a kid that was actually talked about on the board here back before we knew if we were actually gonna get Jake Garcia.

A WR convert 2-way player, had 38rec & 467yds receiving last year, but also had 7PBU’s & 4INT’s.

He’s new to CB, so they have him mostly playing in off coverage Bail technique at Boundary. He does a really good job with eye discipline & play recognition displaying good football & instincts. He’s utilizes T-step technique when reading & breaking on the ball & shows natural playmaking ability as a return man.

Has very good 10.83 speed in the 100m, improved on his times very well was an 11.3 kid earlier.

He’ll have to learn how to play Press man bump & run at the next level, but has the physical ability to be a very good cover corner with development & proper tutelage. Will need time in the S&C to get stronger, is barely 165lbs right now but has the frame to get into the 180lbs range.

Very good good upside 4-star prospect, he was actually a player I had planned on posting over the summer but I didn’t think he’d get an offer from us. He’s got multiple OV’s already scheduled & had been considered a Baylor lean as of last month until Mich ST has made a late push & with them landing 4-star CB Chance Rucker from Ryan Denton (Anthony Hill’s teammate) just yesterday there’s some rumbling they’re surging in Jaylon’s recruitment & are neck & neck with Baylor if not possibly coming in for the swoop.

He’s supposed to be announcing his commitment next month in July, so Idk how much ground we can make up in that short time but I like the fact we’re expanding the horizon of our CB board because for a while it seemed like we were only really after a handful & most of whom were kinda iffy.

We need to offer more CB’s this cycle & there’s several in Texas, Louisiana & Cali that we haven’t gone after, why idk but it would be nice to see us get aggressive at this spot. CB recruiting for Miami is always advanced calculus & it’s frustrating because I know for a fact over the years of multiple OOS CB’s who would’ve committed to us if we simply offered & applied pressure.

Last year was really the first time we seen it come to fruition with Jaden Harris & Khamauri Rogers, hopefully we see more of that.
Oh yeah I remember his brother. It's definitely in their genes...

Advertisement
There goes Michigan State again. This is getting old. And to think people aren't taking them seriously as a competitor for high end recruits.
Harlon Barnett is doing a very good job with their Secondary recruiting, he’s going to land them a nice haul of CB’s & Safeties...

Barnett has always been a good recruiter going back to his Cincinnati & first stint at Mich ST days.

We need to offer more CB’s this cycle & there’s several in Texas, Louisiana & Cali that we haven’t gone after, why idk but it would be nice to see us get aggressive at this spot. CB recruiting for Miami is always advanced calculus & it’s frustrating because I’ve known for a fact over the years of multiple OOS CB’s who would’ve committed to us if we simply offered & applied pressure.

you are truly unbelievable. Hopefully, you can get a Life Wallet and work part-time for Alonzo. You blow my mind, my friend.

....so, off the top of his head, while he's eating lunch, LCE throws out a little 400 word scouting report on the kid....

Advertisement
Back