Jaylin Alderman LB from Louisville

Stop the cap 🧢. Most of FSU transfers were multiple yr guys that were unproven when they got there. They had to develop most of them and all Norvell recruiting classes were 15-20s not top 10 top 15 like Mario.
2019-2022
D'Mitri Emmanuel,Tatum Bethune,Jarrian Jones,Fabien Lovett, Trey Benson, Jared Verse, Jordan Travis...
Not proven 1 and done guys. They were JAGS that got coaching.
Ill just respond by saying..lets see how all that "development" will help them moving forward. Since you say they didnt have "hired guns". So it should be sustainable right? Ok. Lets see.

Advertisement
Ill just respond by saying..lets see how all that "development" will help them moving forward. Since you say they didnt have "hired guns". So it should be sustainable right? Ok. Lets see.
They just won 10 games 2 years in a row. Keon Coleman wasn't there in 2022 you know that right?

Advertisement
swear to god this is hilarious.

Its been excuses after excuses after excuses now its WIN NOW.

MFER shoulda been in WIN NOW from day 1. lol

Got bout the longest leesh i ever seen on a um coach n more resources than any.....his seat wont even be hot if he doesnt WIN NOW this year..because their will be justification for that as well.

He has CAM WARD for a year go all in.
"Win Now" has many different layers. That layer is also, "Win Now, or we start losing NIL money and confidence from main boosters start to dry up"...There was none of that in Year 1 and 2...Everyone was patient. Patience is over.

Boosters and NIL fat cats want ROI and they want it now. Year 3. No more "I need to build the culture and foundation" talk..time to show up.

Ohhhh..your an FSU fan. Ok my bad. Carry on.
🤣 smh. You can't buy your way out of not knowing how to coach. We see it every year NFL NBA... a guy here or there cool but they must fit. But all these super teams of FA rentals lose look at the Clippers or those old Redskins teams. Ryan Day just told Josh Pate he check with Henderson before he ok'd Judkins. If you ever really played sports you'd know winning teams is more then talented mercenaries 💰.

Advertisement
Greedy Vance another one they developed. If I was Norvell I would tell all recruits and transfers go to Miami to play behind Liechtenstein. Go to FSU to get coached. Look how they took Jalen Brown from LSU unproven watch he ball 2025 2026 and we say 🤣 he's a transfer.
Huh?

So I’m confused..are yall complaining that Mario and staff is upgrading the overall talent on the team????
You know that's not the complaint. Stop deflecting.

This type of move in year 3 seems like it should be unnecessary. Very first time coach (Manny Diaz) type vibes for a man we invested over 100 million in to come fix the "amateur hour" problem.

You know that's not the complaint. Stop deflecting.

This type of move in year 3 seems like it should be unnecessary. Very first time coach (Manny Diaz) type vibes for a man we invested over 100 million in to come fix the "amateur hour" problem.

It’s a different world now. This is happening all over college football.

Advertisement
Stop the cap 🧢. Most of FSU transfers were multiple yr guys that were unproven when they got there. They had to develop most of them and all Norvell recruiting classes were 15-20s not top 10 top 15 like Mario.
2019-2022
D'Mitri Emmanuel,Tatum Bethune,Jarrian Jones,Fabien Lovett, Trey Benson, Jared Verse, Jordan Travis...
*Sigh*

Dimitri Emmanuel- 3 year starter and All Conference Recognition multiple years at Charlotte

Tatum Bethune- 2 year starter that was HIGHLY productive at UCF before transferring to FSU. Was All Conference honorable mention at UCF.

Fabien Lovett- We touting guys who will be lucky to get drafted in the 6th or 7th with his 6 sacks over 5 years? Yikes. Was a 4 star coming out of HS and if anything, underperformed what he should done.

Jarrian Jones- I'll give Mike that, turned into a nice player over time.

Trey Benson- If you want to give Norvell the credit here, I won't argue but I'm not sure I can give Norvell full credit for this. Was a Freshmen in 2020, got injured and missed that year. Then, while working back from ACL/MCL and Meniscus tears was stuck behind a guy in the NFL now (Verdell) and a guy who rushed for 1200 yards and 14+ TDs (Dye) in 2021. He was a highly rated guy coming out of HS that just got unlucky with injury that likely would have started for Oregon in 2022 and with their OL would have been even more successful IMO.

Jared Verse- Was conference rookie of the year, earned All conference accolades and was rated as a 93 rating in the transfer portal.

Jordan Travis- I'll give Mike this one as well. Truly his biggest success story. Catered the offense to his skills and maximized his return from him.

Point being that majority of these guys were not jags like you say and were either rated highly coming in from HS or were highly rated coming from the portal.

Not even Alderman. Just in general, I think the depth we've built is lackluster at certain positions (mismanaged). Expected more tbh. I do appreciate the effort though.
If yall like Alderman better then Popo Washington or Pulliam cool. I'm not against portal guys if just against 1 and done guys unless they all acc level. A multiple year portal guy is like a HS guy or Juco at long as we get years out them. Porter, Akheem Mesidor, Parrish, Young

Advertisement
2019-2022
How were they all jags?

Tatum Bethune had 108 tackles the year prior to going to FSU and 185 in his career at UCF. Verse had 9 sacks his last year at Albany. Jarrian Jones and Fabian Lovett played a lot as a true freshmen in the SEC - meaning they were probably already good and were just under recruited and upgraded their situation. Neither of them had close to a large jump in production over what they did as a true freshman at Miss State. Emmnuel started 3 consecutive years at Charlotte before coming to FSU and was all-conference there.

I'll give Norvell credit on Jordan Travis. That was a **** of job developing. But then what happened to AJ Duffy, Rodemaker, etc. he hasn't developed another QB in 5 years despite landing highly rated guys. Hykeem hasn't done a thing at WR. They had to bring in 3 WRs to start in the past and lost them and now had to bring in another 3 starting WRs this offseason. They still have to fully supplement their starters with portal guys because he hasn't recruited and developed anyone at any position offense or defense lol his calling card is Pat Payton and maybe Josh Farmer

Mario Cristobal spoke about how good Benson was at Oregon and more after he left Oregon. Talked about how they don't make many guys that big that run a legit 4.4. He also said he didn't want to deplete the place he left and take too many Oregon guys and he didn't try to get him here. That was his first major mistake at UM. He was somewhat unknown because he played behind Travis Dye and CJ Verdell who combined for 3 1000 yard seasons under Cristobal.

How were they all jags?

Tatum Bethune had 108 tackles the year prior to going to FSU and 185 in his career at UCF. Verse had 9 sacks his last year at Albany. Jarrian Jones and Fabian Lovett played a lot as a true freshmen in the SEC - meaning they were probably already good and were just under recruited and upgraded their situation. Neither of them had close to a large jump in production over what they did as a true freshman at Miss State. Emmnuel started 3 consecutive years at Charlotte before coming to FSU and was all-conference there.

I'll give Norvell credit on Jordan Travis. That was a **** of job developing. But then what happened to AJ Duffy, Rodemaker, etc. he hasn't developed another QB in 5 years despite landing highly rated guys. Hykeem hasn't done a thing at WR. They had to bring in 3 WRs to start in the past and lost them and now had to bring in another 3 starting WRs this offseason. They still have to fully supplement their starters with portal guys because he hasn't recruited and developed anyone at any position offense or defense lol his calling card is Pat Payton and maybe Josh Farmer

Mario Cristobal spoke about how good Benson was at Oregon and more after he left Oregon. Talked about how they don't make many guys that big that run a legit 4.4. He also said he didn't want to deplete the place he left and take too many Oregon guys and he didn't try to get him here. That was his first major mistake at UM. He was somewhat unknown because he played behind Travis Dye and CJ Verdell who combined for 3 1000 yard seasons under Cristobal.
Blaming Spider-Man GIF

If yall like Alderman better then Popo Washington or Pulliam cool. I'm not against portal guys if just against 1 and done guys unless they all acc level. A multiple year portal guy is like a HS guy or Juco at long as we get years out them. Porter, Akheem Mesidor, Parrish, Young
We don't need a LB transfer. CB and DT yes, maybe a C or LG on offense to go with a RB. Let our young LBs eat and use the scholly numbers where we need them.

Advertisement
Back