Jaylan Knighton Talks Top Schools, Sets Decision Date

View as article
I love your insight and what you bring to this site @Coach Macho but PLEASE stop defending Deerfield. Their players have literally spit on our hats and stepped on them after throwing it to the ground. It’s as anti Miami as they come.
No it's not.
And nobody on here is closer to that program than I am, so I'm speaking factually. You're speculating.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
So you don't think our offense is going to look different this year?
LOL. Of course it's gonna look different. That doesn't mean it'll be good. You can't hang your hat on that **** right now if you're recruiting a kid.

"Our offense is gonna be good kid, I promise."

Why do y’all continue to argue with Macho? Even if there was some bias against Miami, don’t think he would bring it here. Just continue to be pessimistic about Deerfield and don’t expect kids from there to commit to us. The arguing is pointless

I might not bring it on here, but I certainly wouldn't be defending the school/staff either.

Advertisement
Our current offense/coaching staff beat FSU twice?
Really?
Now you wanna act out loud smh.. obviously we haven’t started a season this season but you said lately. So regardless of who was the OC, we still beat them. Enos coached for a title.

Now you wanna act out loud smh.. obviously we haven’t started a season this season but you said lately. So regardless of who was the OC, we still beat them. Enos coached for a title.

Ummm...

I asked what Miami's offense did lately.
Miami's offense...as it sits right now...hasn't done ****.

Why would anybody reference last year's offense when that entire half of the staff is gone? LOL

This is nothing more than a theory created by a bunch of sour Miami fans because we never signed a Deerfield kid. Truth of the matter is, there's absolutely no proof. It's pure speculation and theory.

Y'alls proof is "well we've never signed a Deerfield kid."

Ok, well that's not proof of an anti-Miami conspiracy. OUR FVCKIN' RECRUITING SUCKED! Didn't matter what school we were recruiting from, we weren't signing elite kids. Missing on a handful of Deerfield kids over the years doesn't prove ****.

In the limited time that Diaz has been HC our recruiting has gotten better...and now we're top-3 for one of the state's best RB's...from Deerfield. (despite having a loaded backfield)

Advertisement
LOL. Of course it's gonna look different. That doesn't mean it'll be good. You can't hang your hat on that **** right now if you're recruiting a kid.

"Our offense is gonna be good kid, I promise."
That's fair. I almost certain it won't be worse haha.

Or I've known the HC for 15+ years and know what the deal is.

Respectfully, that is the sneaky part of bias. You know how many neighbors of serial killers have said something along the lines of, "he always seemed like a nice, quiet young man"? Many.

I don't doubt you are tight with the HC, and it''s certainly a possibility that you are objectively right. But do you acknowledge your closeness might make you biased?

I am not one of those guys who is convinced there is a "Deerfield Anti-UM Conspiracy," but I know kids from Deerfield have consistently spurned UM in recent history (sometimes disrespectfully). I don't know why, but it's happened. So, yeah, until Deerfield kids start committing to UM, I will expect them not to.

I do hope Field and Hickson can change that. But then again, seeing people close to the program talk about "what has UM's offense done lately" only reinforces my current mindset.

Respectfully, that is the sneaky part of bias. You know how many neighbors of serial killers have said something along the lines of, "he always seemed like a nice, quiet young man"? Many.

I don't doubt you are tight with the HC, and it''s certainly a possibility that you are objectively right. But do you acknowledge your closeness might make you biased?

I am not one of those guys who is convinced there is a "Deerfield Anti-UM Conspiracy," but I know kids from Deerfield have consistently spurned UM in recent history (sometimes disrespectfully). I don't know why, but it's happened. So, yeah, until Deerfield kids start committing to UM, I will expect them not to.

I do hope Field and Hickson can change that. But then again, seeing people close to the program talk about "what has UM's offense done lately" only reinforces my current mindset.

So a guy I've known for 15+ has an anti-UM bias that I'm completely unaware of? Just cause he's my buddy.

Ok I'll do you one better.
What if I told you that I was in fact ON THAT DEERFIELD STAFF?

Would that give me enough inside knowledge?

Advertisement
Back