Jaylan Knighton Talks Top Schools, Sets Decision Date

View as article
You know you’re the national champions when you say no to the number 3 APB in the country

He’s currently #4!!! Semantics I know but I’m sure it was more of a not right now instead of a flat out no. They’re looking to take the #3 RB and #2 APB. Either way it’s still insane and you’re point still applies.

Advertisement
The top 4 backs for this class as it relates to Miami imo is Chaney, Knighton, Holmes & Parrish.

With Chaney locked in, if we can get any one of the remaining 3 that's an ELITE haul similar to what we brought in with Lingard & Cam Harris(Davis).

If Clemson really is passing up Knighton that opens up the door for Hickson to get the steal, but we should continue to recruit Holmes & Parrish because you never know.

Either way we don't need to leave the state at RB this class, 4 high level backs with great productivity who all have great upside & will flourish under Hickson'a tutelage in our new offense.

The top 4 backs for this class as it relates to Miami imo is Chaney, Knighton, Holmes & Parrish.

With Chaney locked in, if we can get any one of the remaining 3 that's an ELITE haul similar to what we brought in with Lingard & Cam Harris(Davis).

If Clemson really is passing up Knighton that opens up the door for Hickson to get the steal, but we should continue to recruit Holmes & Parrish because you never know.

Either way we don't need to leave the state at RB this class, 4 high level backs with great productivity who all have great upside & will flourish under Hickson'a tutelage in our new offense.
Not to mention Keyvone Lee and Toafili if all fails. definitely don’t need to leave the state.

Thanks El, here’s truly hoping that Knighton makes a decision that Clemson is slow playing him, and pulls the trigger for Miami. How serious are the #3 RB and #2 APB looking at Clemson? Is it a case of just when they decide to commit there, leaving Knighton on the outside looking in?

Advertisement
Thanks El, here’s truly hoping that Knighton makes a decision that Clemson is slow playing him, and pulls the trigger for Miami. How serious are the #3 RB and #2 APB looking at Clemson? Is it a case of just when they decide to commit there, leaving Knighton on the outside looking in?

#2 APB is Daniyel Ngata whose brother signed with Clemson last year.

I keep hearing how STA is our pipeline school but we ain't getting their elite kids either. The kids from STA who have offers from the "bag" schools are leaving South Florida as well. They have loads of Miami caliber players every year yet we don't get the ones we REALLY want.
Signing Blades, who was a rotational guy, doesn't change the fact that their ELITE kids are going elsewhere.

If Battle and Ingraham were at Deerfield you'd accuse them of chasing bags...but because they're at a high school that throws us a peanut every year nobody bats an eye.

We're losing elite kids every year regardless of where they go to high school.
I call it the imaginary pipeline people talk about.
FYI Dumerville no way he lands here. Wingo doesn’t look likely either.

Advertisement
I call it the imaginary pipeline people talk about.
FYI Dumerville no way he lands here. Wingo doesn’t look likely either.

Yeah I think it’s time to stop talking about them as a pipeline. I know we got Huff from there last year but I really don’t consider him an STA product. He wasn’t there long enough to develop that “I’m to good for Miami” attitude that the majority of their top players seem to have. Almost like they’re doing us a favor considering us.

It seems Bowman also made an "under the radar" stop at UGA too, per their board. Looks like they are involved with him,also.
We've got it in the Gator Tears thread. Bowman goes back to Clem$on in 2 weeks for their Spring game. If he commits there, it will likely be it for him...

Meanwhile, it's good to enjoy the gaytor suffering.

Advertisement
Yeah I think it’s time to stop talking about them as a pipeline. I know we got Huff from there last year but I really don’t consider him an STA product. He wasn’t there long enough to develop that “I’m to good for Miami” attitude that the majority of their top players seem to have. Almost like they’re doing us a favor considering us.
Idk what the aura is with the kids and that school and wanting to leave. Idk if it’s the coaches or culture. But it seems like we strike out more with the private schools down here.
Hopefully Chaney is the first step in a new direction.

Idk what the aura is with the kids and that school and wanting to leave. Idk if it’s the coaches or culture. But it seems like we strike out more with the private schools down here.
Hopefully Chaney is the first step in a new direction.
Chaminade is private and we
Land kids from there. But I agree Columbus has screwed us a few times and bogle at gibbons of course. But I don’t necessarily think it’s a private vs public thing

Advertisement
Talked to him a little bit at practice today. The interest is real but I get the sense that he's genuinely letting the process play out. I know he's not thrilled about the idea of staying close to home though.

Miami is definitely putting forth their best effort. Hickson was all over him today and Manny was talking to him periodically as well. They're selling him on the fact that Dallas is leaving early and Burns will probably transfer.

Advertisement
Back