Jaylan Knighton Talks Top Schools, Sets Decision Date

View as article
Advertisement
Before I submit this comment, I respect your posts on here and recognize that you know a **** load more about the local scene than I do.

I wouldn't consider STA a pipeline of anything for us. UM friendly for sure, but they aren't a pipeline. Northwestern is a pipeline (lately). Carol City is a pipeline when we don't **** it up like last year. Booker T is a pipeline for the most part. NONE of them is a pipeline like Lakeland is to UF.

We have gotten more STA kids than Carol City kids through the recent years.

Pipeline doesnt mean you get EVERY kid. Just that we are first in and usually in it with a kid from the school. STA has sent more kids to UM than they do to any other school. Keep in mind im not an sta fan ..1 bit.

Advertisement
We went after Huff, Ingraham, Battle, and Solomon this past year and signed 1.

We are probably not signing the top 2 recruits from STA this year in Rosemy and Dumervil.

**** sure wont get them if you aint WINNING.
Its the biggest front running school in s.fla. Win and your in there.

Only kid i reallly really hate to lose is DUMERVIL. We need to do everything short of Boats and Hoes to get that kid.

We have gotten more STA kids than Carol City kids through the recent years.

Pipeline doesnt mean you get EVERY kid. Just that we are first in and usually in it with a kid from the school. STA has sent more kids to UM than they do to any other school. Keep in mind im not an sta fan ..1 bit.
A pipeline doesn't just mean being the first ones in with a kid. What good is that if we don't land them? A pipeline means consistently landing your top targets from that school.

We went 1 for 4 last year, as pointed out earlier in this thread; and we're probably gonna miss the top 3 from STA this year (Rosemy, Wingo, Dumerville).

2018 was a down year at STA and we got Blades, but missed Samuel (we did get on him really late, but still...)

2017-top two from STA were Grimes and Harley

2016-Bosa went to OSU, we got Irvin Jr. and Bruce

We can go all the way back to 2011. Top four players from STA: Bobby Hart (FSU), Marcus Roberson (UF), Rashad Greene (FSU), Phil Dorsett (Miami)

We don't have a recent history of consistently landing our top targets from there.

Energy and tempo is much better than the last 3 regimes. Lots of "coaching up".

Everybody spoke highly of Feely. An assistant coach told me "he's everybody's favorite guy around here". We spoke about the transformation that Miller has made. Coach seems to think that he'll be a real force with one or two more off-season(s) of work.

I was told the QB race is legitimately even right now. This particular coach loves Williams though, as do I. He's just crisp back there. Efficient. Smart.

Martell is struggling from under center, which leads me to my only gripe. We run way too much 21 Personnel (under center) for my liking. The offense I saw today reeks of the old "square peg round hole" issue we've had at Miami for years. 2/3 of our QB's are prototypical spread players yet we're forcing them to play under center and take 5/7 step drops.
The coach even said Martell is great when he's playing 5 yard behind center and can read the defense from back there, move around, make plays, etc. So...
I don't know what the plan is for him going forward. I can tell you one thing, he throws an ugly ball at times. LOL
Some people around the program alluded to the fact that he needed to humble himself. All of that off-season trending got to his head a little bit. Personally I think he's going to struggle if they force him into this system. If they spread it out (in the gun) and use his athleticism he could be a threat. But under Center he's no bueno. (just my opinion from limited viewing)

I was told "in a perfect world we'd be under center 75% of the time". I'm personally not a fan of that but we'll see how it goes. I was told Enos is a **** of a coach and things are much more detailed this year.

Many times today the QB's couldn't even finish their drops before the pass rush was in their face. That's pretty alarming. We'd go play-action...QB would fake the hand-off...turn around to look for a WR...bam...a DL in his face.

One good thing I noticed about the offense is that we're willing to take 5 yard completions. There's finally an effort to get the ball to quick guys intermediately.

I'll be at practice again Saturday to give things another look. Diaz is having a coaching clinic after practice so I'm looking forward to that.

This is excellent scoop, coach.
Everything seems to be trending in the right direction.

A pipeline doesn't just mean being the first ones in with a kid. What good is that if we don't land them? A pipeline means consistently landing your top targets from that school.

We went 1 for 4 last year, as pointed out earlier in this thread; and we're probably gonna miss the top 3 from STA this year (Rosemy, Wingo, Dumerville).

2018 was a down year at STA and we got Blades, but missed Samuel (we did get on him really late, but still...)

We can go all the way back to 2011. Top four players from STA: Bobby Hart (FSU), Marcus Roberson (UF), Rashad Greene (FSU), Phil Dorsett (Miami)

We don't have a recent history of consistently landing our top targets from there.

Thank you. You get it.

Landing a few ducks from a program that has 22 D1 prospects every year somehow makes STA this "pipeline" that avoids any criticism from our fans.

STA has sent us more JAGS than anything else. Only Linder and Dorsett have been worth a ****. (Harley, Huff and Blades are pending)

We're not getting their MAJOR kids.

Advertisement
Landing a couple mid-tier kids from a team that has THAT MANY MAJOR D1 RECRUITS does not make a STA a legitimate pipeline.
You're bound to land a couple kids just by showing up and being the local program.

Call me when they send us one of their kids that has offers from Clemson/Bama/OSU/etc.

Same thing applies to Heritage.

Thank you. You get it.

Landing a few ducks from a program that has 22 D1 prospects every year somehow makes STA this "pipeline" that avoids any criticism from our fans.

STA has sent us more JAGS than anything else. Only Linder and Dorsett have been worth a ****. (Harley, Huff and Blades are pending)

Hankerson >>>>>>> Dorsett

Thank you. You get it.

I wish i could come in here and upvote you 1000x.

Not really sure why everyone is so blind to the fact we only get STA’s scraps & never ever land their top kids. Pretty sad when you think about it.

Landing a couple mid-tier kids from a team that has THAT MANY MAJOR D1 RECRUITS does not make a STA a legitimate pipeline.
You're bound to land a couple kids just by showing up and being the local program.

Call me when they send us one of their kids that has offers from Clemson/Bama/OSU/etc.

I wouldn’t call STA a pipeline school but Blades and Huff both had offers from those programs.

Advertisement

You're correct, absolutely

In trying to make your point you countered it.

Advertisement
Energy and tempo is much better than the last 3 regimes. Lots of "coaching up".

Everybody spoke highly of Feely. An assistant coach told me "he's everybody's favorite guy around here". We spoke about the transformation that Miller has made. Coach seems to think that he'll be a real force with one or two more off-season(s) of work.

I was told the QB race is legitimately even right now. This particular coach loves Williams though, as do I. He's just crisp back there. Efficient. Smart.

Martell is struggling from under center, which leads me to my only gripe. We run way too much 21 Personnel (under center) for my liking. The offense I saw today reeks of the old "square peg round hole" issue we've had at Miami for years. 2/3 of our QB's are prototypical spread players yet we're forcing them to play under center and take 5/7 step drops.
The coach even said Martell is great when he's playing 5 yard behind center and can read the defense from back there, move around, make plays, etc. So...
I don't know what the plan is for him going forward. I can tell you one thing, he throws an ugly ball at times. LOL
Some people around the program alluded to the fact that he needed to humble himself. All of that off-season trending got to his head a little bit. Personally I think he's going to struggle if they force him into this system. If they spread it out (in the gun) and use his athleticism he could be a threat. But under Center he's no bueno. (just my opinion from limited viewing)

I was told "in a perfect world we'd be under center 75% of the time". I'm personally not a fan of that but we'll see how it goes. I was told Enos is a **** of a coach and things are much more detailed this year.

Many times today the QB's couldn't even finish their drops before the pass rush was in their face. That's pretty alarming. We'd go play-action...QB would fake the hand-off...turn around to look for a WR...bam...a DL in his face.

One good thing I noticed about the offense is that we're willing to take 5 yard completions. There's finally an effort to get the ball to quick guys intermediately.

I'll be at practice again Saturday to give things another look. Diaz is having a coaching clinic after practice so I'm looking forward to that.
Well I’d rather them practice and at least be serviceable undercenter so we can be versatile playcalling wise

Ok, back to Knighton, really hope he reconsiders staying home. Does Clemson plan on taking one or two RBs? I have no problem with us landing Knighton because he's Clemson's plan B.

That talent at Heritage has been dry these past two cycles, now that's a school no one can tell me that they don't **** with us.

Advertisement
Back