2024 Jayden Jackson 4* DT from IMG is a Sooner

That a boy. You found your balls, now keep it going.

Mario will get the Jims and Joes. Don't lose the faith
I’m not even criticizing him. I 110% think he’s a better recruiter than Napier and most coaches.

There’s an issue with NIL not being where it needs to be to get some of these guys. We’re being used for leverage clearly.

Advertisement
Some folks have been miserable so long it is impossible for them to change their behavior. If we suck, which I believe we will be significantly improved, I'm not letting 85 kids ruin my life. I did move my season tickets this year out of club...lol.
Have I been miserable for that long? Because I’m arguing with the miserable guy you’re responding to.

This is a great question. I think the inverse is also a great question: are boosters paying less because of last season's poor results?

Honestly, I’m of this opinion. We’ve already been notorious for having frugal boosters as is. The moment they decided to go all in, the results were eggs in the face.

I try to stay balance & put myself in other’s shoes. I had to think, if I was reluctant & apprehensive as a booster due to a number of factors, but now I decided to pitch in and my ROI as a fan, alum, booster, etc is a dismal 5-7 season akin to 70’s football, how would I feel? Would I blindly continue to give or would I take a shrewd wait & see approach moving fwd?

Have I been miserable for that long? Because I’m arguing with the miserable guy you’re responding to.
My comment is for the general population. I do agree that the histrionics of many is ridiculous. Not sure why you are so sensitive throwing F bombs. Not very Maude-like. I'm kidding. Peace.

I think the surprise as to the DL is fair and warranted in light of the information conveyed. DL was supposed to be the focus of this class and where NIL money was being heavily allocated. We were told countless times c/o 2024 DL would be similar to c/o 2023 OL.

Struggles at QB, WR, and DB... that should have been expected. Maybe OL, too, but it was not unreasonable to expect Mario/Mirabal's names and record of development would carry weight, IMO.
I guess it is warranted but I'm saying the writing was on the wall when we really needed an elite wr and it didn't happen. We keep hearing the big talk but we aren't seeing the results.

Advertisement
My comment is for the general population. I do agree that the histrionics of many is ridiculous. Not sure why you are so sensitive throwing F bombs. Not very Maude-like. I'm kidding. Peace.
It’s not personal to you. I’ve had people insult me like I’m saying Mario can’t recruit.

While what he did last season, contributed a lot to us being in a worse place, it’s money. I’m not even blaming him on this level. Napier is just an example. Barney the WR is an example with Rhule. Neither of them is a better apples to apples recruiter than Mario but money makes them better.

I’d feel better if you’d shut the **** up and be a better human instead of being an ******* and a Mario Karen sometimes.

I choose not to be a sniveling, emotional, soft-shouldered ***** in life. It’s simply a personal preference and even though others subscribe to the opposite side of the aisle, I’d appreciate if you respected my wishes. Be blessed.

I’m not even criticizing him. I 110% think he’s a better recruiter than Napier and most coaches.

There’s an issue with NIL not being where it needs to be to get some of these guys. We’re being used for leverage clearly.

I think some r missing a very important piece w/ Napier:

We talk about Mario’s recruiting, & this was particular at his time at Bama. What we forget about is Napier’s time at Bama. He & Mario tagged team on several high profile players that committed to Bama.

Billy has the training from both Dabo & Saban. He’s a good recruiter, the difference is Mario left Bama for Oregon & Billy left Bama for Louisiana.

The other difference is the narratives:

Mario inherited a 7-5 team & went 5-7. Napier inherited a 6-7 & went 6-7.

Fair or unfair, these r the things we’re dealing w/ from the ops from up North.

Hence, I’ll say this one last time: WE MUST win AT LEAST 8 games this yr.

I choose not to be a sniveling, emotional, soft-shouldered ***** in life. It’s simply a personal preference and even though others subscribe to the opposite side of the aisle, I’d appreciate if you respected my wishes. Be blessed.
Im not respecting **** when you start by calling me a **** polisher because you wanted style points at my expense when I’m talking NIL being the issue. You started it and now you cry victim and ask that I respect your wishes??? Don’t start **** with me and make ******* remarks and there’s no issue.

Advertisement
And yet we brought in Harrell and Kirk. The team will look significantly different in the fall. That's a statement of fact. Look who did not participate in the spring game and who is most likely to start against Miami (Ohio).

We finished #7 is HS recruiting and #7 in portal acquisitions and #5 in portal acquisition average in 2023.
We brought in some guys sure but the majority of the biggest fish got away. All we heard last year was that we didn't have the talent to compete and then this spring it was look how many players we held onto. Those things don't add up imo

I think some r missing a very important piece w/ Napier:

We talk about Mario’s recruiting, & this was particular at his time at Bama. What we forget about is Napier’s time at Bama. He & Mario tagged team on several high profile players that committed to Bama.

Billy has the training from both Dabo & Saban. He’s a good recruiter, the difference is Mario left Bama for Oregon & Billy left Bama for Louisiana.

The other difference is the narratives:

Mario inherited a 7-5 team & went 5-7. Napier inherited a 6-7 & went 6-7.

Fair or unfair, these r the things we’re dealing w/ from the ops from up North.

Hence, I’ll say this one last time: WE MUST win AT LEAST 8 games this yr.
I think Mario is the better apples to apples recruiter. Napier had a better season but not that much better. He’s a better game day coach I’m sure but not by light years. There’s better coaches with better seasons last year who are behind UiF on the trail right now. Money matters.

I think Mario is the better apples to apples recruiter. Napier had a better season but not that much better. He’s a better game day coach I’m sure but not by light years. There’s better coaches with better seasons last year who are behind UiF on the trail right now. Money matters.

I, too, think Mario is a better recruiter, but that wasn’t the point of my post. I’m saying Napier, too, is a good recruiter & he has a better narrative heading into this season. We desperately need to win to change all of the negative recruiting being hurled our way.

We brought in some guys sure but the majority of the biggest fish got away. All we heard last year was that we didn't have the talent to compete and then this spring it was look how many players we held onto. Those things don't add up imo
Just under 50% of the roster is new. We have 15 transfers and 26 high school and jucos. We had a lot of guys in the 2 deep who did not play in the spring game. And quite a few of the 2022 class are going to get significant snaps this fall.

Advertisement
I, too, think Mario is a better recruiter, but that wasn’t the point of my post. I’m saying Napier, too, is a good recruiter & he has a better narrative heading into this season. We desperately need to win to change all of the negative recruiting being hurled our way.
We should have a better season than the gator.

I still think we can land Trader, Patterson, Franklin and Jones. We need those 4 or similar replacements.

We should have a better season than the gator.

I still think we can land Trader, Patterson, Franklin and Jones. We need those 4 or similar replacements.

Agreed. There’s still meat left on the bone (pause), even if we don’t land all targets by the end of the month. It’s gloomy, but not dark skies. We just be reasonable in our expectations & quickly change the narrative.

I’m not so sure about all that anymore. I’ve been banking on the gator class blowing up but if they’re paying these guys top dollar and they decide to stick then that’s a huge deal for their future.

You can lol all you want. The recruiting clock has changed. July is the new December which was the new February. Most of these guys aren’t flipping.

Would you rather be sitting where we are right now or the gator? By the way, I still think we can land 5-6 blue chip guys and finish decently overall but we need to hit on almost all of:
Trader
Patterson
The UGA CB (Ellis?)
Franklin
A. Jones
Stewart
Breland

I'd say right now the O/U for that group signing with Miami is 1.5 commits.

Advertisement
Just under 50% of the roster is new. We have 15 transfers and 26 high school and jucos. We had a lot of guys in the 2 deep who did not play in the spring game. And quite a few of the 2022 class are going to get significant snaps this fall.
Let's hope it's enough because all we heard last year was how little talent we had.

I’m in the same boat. I know it’s early but the writing is on wall.

What are the chances that Dawson and Guidry both workout? It’s more probable we have 2 new coordinators again in year 3.

I don’t care what Mario’s contract is but of this season is even remotely close to last year… it’s gonna be ultra toxic.

If Mario doesn’t work out here… just fold the program.
Pretty much true

Advertisement
Back