2024 Jayden Jackson 4* DT from IMG is a Sooner

Advertisement
I’m not so sure about all that anymore. I’ve been banking on the gator class blowing up but if they’re paying these guys top dollar and they decide to stick then that’s a huge deal for their future.

You can lol all you want. The recruiting clock has changed. July is the new December which was the new February. Most of these guys aren’t flipping.

Would you rather be sitting where we are right now or the gator? By the way, I still think we can land 5-6 blue chip guys and finish decently overall but we need to hit on almost all of:
Trader
Patterson
The UGA CB (Ellis?)
Franklin
A. Jones
Stewart
Breland
we will land some high end talents just not the amount we expected imo. mario is too good normally to strike out everywhere.

Herbert is considered an outlier in part because he was not only someone Mario inherited but he was already a full-blown starter for the last 8 games of his freshman year under Taggart, completing 63.5% of his passes with 19 TD's and only 4 INT's. Herbert was already an established commodity, not an unknown gem unearthed by Mario.

The problem is the blue-chip QB's Mario evaluated, recruited, and signed at Oregon all turned out to be colossal busts: Tyler Shough, Jay Butterfield, and Ty Thompson. Then he comes to Miami and after saying he didn't think there was a better QB in the country than the one he was inheriting in TVD, he proceeds to hire Josh Gattis and cripple our offense with the atrocity we all witnessed last season.

It's less that Herbert's being used against him and more that everything that's happened after Mario no longer had Herbert has exacerbated his perception as a QB killer. Some fans may not like it and they may disagree with it, but that negative recruiting pitch is clearly resonating with premier QB recruits who won't give us the time of day. If we end up with an Anthony Brown-esque portal QB next season, it'll be pretty clear why it's come to that.
I agree with everything you said… except that same thing could be said about Napier.

AR is an outlier. He was not only inherited by Napier but he was being mocked round 1 before he played a snap for Billy… Billy has been the OC at ASU, Clemson & was HC at G5 level for 4 years… not one QB drafted or named all conference. It’s literally the same boat.

This is why the “well Napier had a 1st round QB” is a bunch of ****. Lagway got paid, no other way to look at it. Highest bidder from the several schools he liked got him.

Advertisement
This is a great question. I think the inverse is also a great question: are boosters paying less because of last season's poor results?
Or are boosters saying “why did we pay Mario 80 million when we never ever invested money, if we will just have to invest more?”

Serious question gentlemen, if Miami had hired Lashlee to be HC at 3.5Ms per year and used the extra 4.5Ms yearly strictly for NIL would our class not be better than it is today?

I’d have a hard time shelling out more money when I’ve already shelled out far more than ever before, where’s the ROI?

Ok I’ll rephrase.

Are we allowed to see where the classes finish before we bury our collectives and polish the ***** of uf’s collective?

Feel better?
lol. Can't argue with a bunch of short sighted emotional cucks.

Mario brought in more talent in his first year than we've seen in a decade and all while also inheriting the worst roster we've maybe ever had. And he closed that talent on sticking all while having a horrible on field product. But, Its July, its a 100 degrees out and all these putas have sand in their pussies...

Come December and February, Mario will close like the G he is.

Or are boosters saying “why did we pay Mario 80 million when we never ever invested money, if we will just have to invest more?”

Serious question gentlemen, if Miami had hired Lashlee to be HC at 3.5Ms per year and used the extra 4.5Ms yearly strictly for NIL would our class not be better than it is today?

I’d have a hard time shelling out more money when I’ve already shelled out far more than ever before, where’s the ROI?
I think our overall offensive recruiting would be. we wouldn't have landed the OL class we did last year though. id also have to see Lashs support staff and assistants (in terms of budget)

Advertisement
Everything is going to be ok guys

1689263559614.gif

I think our overall offensive recruiting would be. we wouldn't have landed the OL class we did last year though. id also have to see Lashs support staff and assistants (in terms of budget)
Well his staff would’ve been great. Remember Mario had a “top 5 coaching budget for staff”. Couldn’t have been worse lol

As for the OL, can we 100% say that it wouldn’t have been as good? If Francis was being offered 300K (which seems high) & we threw 500K, he wouldn’t have came? Idk. An extra 4.5 million a year strictly to NIL funds would make any class a top 7 yearly. That’s just the facts.

And this is where last season puts us in a deeper hole. We have to really trounce some of these schools on the offer side to compete. It’s where a better season will help us in 25. Not because kids will line up for us but because we’ll pay less of a “We Suck Tax” to quote @TRick72
While I agree with your statement I can’t take credit for the “we suck tax”. That’s an original @Da Jumbo Mutombo creation

lol. Can't argue with a bunch of short sighted emotional cucks.

Mario brought in more talent in his first year than we've seen in a decade and all while also inheriting the worst roster we've maybe ever had. And he closed that talent on sticking all while having a horrible on field product. But, Its July, its a 100 degrees out and all these putas have sand in their pussies...

Come December and February, Mario will close like the G he is.
Hey since you’re talking about me, **** you.

Advertisement
No - You’re a typical always mad, mope thinking the school hasn’t spent money and lived up to its part. They gave the guy gobs of money and he squandered it on Gattis. They spent money on facilities too, boosters included.

He put us in a bigger hole with last season. NIL is on boosters and they can do as they please. No one can recruit at UM without the boosters in the NIL game paying whatever is needed.

That’s your fault for not seeing the facts because you’re unobjective. Do you seriously think anyone else is recruiting better at UM without the NIL being obnoxiously high???

Also, who was "lied to" about NIL? It's entirely possible for Mr. Ruiz and others to spend all the money that was promised AND for other schools in the country to step up as well.

Not sure why some people can't grasp this.

I’m not so sure about all that anymore. I’ve been banking on the gator class blowing up but if they’re paying these guys top dollar and they decide to stick then that’s a huge deal for their future.

You can lol all you want. The recruiting clock has changed. July is the new December which was the new February. Most of these guys aren’t flipping.

Would you rather be sitting where we are right now or the gator? By the way, I still think we can land 5-6 blue chip guys and finish decently overall but we need to hit on almost all of:
Trader
Patterson
The UGA CB (Ellis?)
Franklin
A. Jones
Stewart
Breland
If they decide to stick with Florida is a huge assumption. They are going to lose kids. You can bank on it as they are likely headed to another losing season. You think they are winning games with Graham Mertz at quarterback? You don't stop recruiting until the ink is dry on ESD. There will be flips. There always are as the season plays along.

Sure, I'd like to be sitting at #2 or #3 on paper in July, but I am also not losing my mind like many on this board. There is a lot of daylight between now and ESD and I think our class will look decidedly different come December. Again, if we land in the Top 10 isn't all this panicking silly? BTW, we were #5 in portal transfer average and #7 overall which folks just seem to overlook.

Advertisement
A lot of good points and questions. I don’t even know if we’re being outbid in every situation. We’re the leverage school. Get a miami offer and bring it to Ohio State to get them to up their deal.
I don't even know if they need to up their deal. A team like osu just has to match. If you have two chicks in front of you and they both want to roll in the sack, aren't you picking the hottest one? We are the fuggly chick in almost every room right now. Fuggly chicks have good head game for a reason lol

If they decide to stick with Florida is a huge assumption. They are going to lose kids. You can bank on it as they are likely headed to another losing season. You think they are winning games with Graham Mertz at quarterback? You don't stop recruiting until the ink is dry on ESD. There will be flips. There always are as the season plays along.

Sure, I'd like to be sitting at #2 or #3 on paper in July, but I am also not losing my mind like many on this board. There is a lot of daylight between now and ESD and I think our class will look decidedly different come December. Again, if we land in the Top 10 isn't all this panicking silly? BTW, we were #5 in portal transfer average and #7 overall which folks just seem to overlook.
Valid points man. I think UiF will suck but we’ll see how big a deal money really is. Yes I think we’ll land some guys.

Ok I’ll rephrase.

Are we allowed to see where the classes finish before we bury our collectives and polish the ***** of uf’s collective?

Feel better?
Some folks have been miserable so long it is impossible for them to change their behavior. If we suck, which I believe we will be significantly improved, I'm not letting 85 kids ruin my life. I did move my season tickets this year out of club...lol.

Advertisement
Back