2024 Jayden Jackson 4* DT from IMG is a Sooner

Starting to wonder where we have our NIL divided up too…

Looks like a lot of the top talent on the board is headed elsewhere… I know we have a war chest but we need to start taking away from pipe dreams and lock in some kids because this will get ugly if we’re hoping a 9/10 win season will fix everything

Advertisement
Why is it miserable? Don't players sign in December?

We are reaching for the best DL in the nation. You're not going to get them all. Neither is Bama, OSU, or UGA, etc. We have Lightfoot. We are likely in the lead for Franklin. Just follow the visits of how many times he's been on campus and he's going to the BBQ.

So, if we have those 2, we are half way there.

Losing recruits or flipping others, will depend on the outcome of this season.

Also, the word out is that we didn' lose Scott. Moma put her foot down and said she wanted him close to home. That was the deciding factor. Can't be upset about that.
I appreciate your optimism but all that matters is the results. Moms, Dads, NIL, Joe, 5-7… whatever it is - and I think it’s the NIL money - we’re not getting it done.

Winning 10 games might help us with not having to overpay as much but banking on that to happen and then convert that to a bunch of 4 and 5 star flips from the schools cucking us like Ohio State, OKie, UGA… that’s just not realistic. We better spend heavy in the portal and attack the portal the way we’ll need to.

It’ll be a fascinating case study going forward about overpaying for NIL. 6-6 and most of that class sticks imo, a few flips but still Top 7. 5-7 or worse and we’ll see how many de-commits, it could be historical going against the ‘23 data…or some might stick for the $ (which would compound issues there as Billy would be on the hot seat going 5-7).

God forbid they go 7-5 or better with that schedule, then it’s a Top 5 class for sure.

Lots of outcomes, dangerous, potentially irresponsible and volatile game to play…but for now they have stud after stud committed and a few more on the way.
Agreed, but I'm not comparing anything to last year. We have a new coaching staff and 80% roster turnover.

What we have is a lot of unknown and that has given fans PTSD from last year.

It's a matter of how quickly the team can gel and how potent or impotent the offense will be.

It's hard for fans to have optimism after last year. I look at the roster and coaches. The media is now saying we could have the best OL in the ACC, if not the nation.

I just want the product on the field to match what is on paper. The team should win 8 games with the potential to win more.

I think 8 wins gets us a top 10 class and if they could win 10 games, then I'd expect some flips into a top 5 class with all the momentum.

Would y'all rather the staff set lower expectations? I'm glad we got a staff and more importantly a HC that isnt scared to go toe to toe with Alabama, UGA, Ohio State for the trenches.

We have already landed some real quality trench players on both sides, and Mario has been here for 20 months.

Nyjalick Kelly
Cyrus Moss
Rueben Bain
Jayden Wayne
Ahmad Moten
Francis Mauigoa
Samson Okunlola
Tommie Kinsler
Colins Acheopong
Marquis Lightfoot(commit)

This above wasn't close to reality BM(Before Mario).

Come on. Lightfoot is 62nd overall, Franklin is 45th overall, Jones is 165th overall and Russell is our developmental kid. Who cares what you heard the staff was aiming for. If you were in a coma for the past year and I woke you up in December and told you Miami signed three Top 150ish kids on the DL and another local kid who they identified early and took, that's disappointing? At the end of the day, this is a talent acquisition business, not an internet message board business. Do those 4 kids make your team better? And I think we all realize the ceiling for anyone in the HC office at Miami right now is somewhere in the low single digits. We're just not going to sign Top 5 classes, it's not possible right now. So are there 8-10 DL classes around the country that are better than Lightfoot, Franklin, Jones, and Russell? I would lean towards a hard no.
curb your enthusiasm fashion GIF

Advertisement
Would y'all rather the staff set lower expectations? I'm glad we got a staff and more importantly a HC that isnt scared to go toe to toe with Alabama, UGA, Ohio State for the trenches.

We have already landed some real quality trench players on both sides, and Mario has been here for 20 months.

Nyjalick Kelly
Cyrus Moss
Rueben Bain
Jayden Wayne
Ahmad Moten
Francis Mauigoa
Samson Okunlola
Tommie Kinsler
Colins Acheopong

We had our NIL in order last year and others didn’t. We also hadn’t started the horrid season when a lot of those guys committed.

That list was then. Where we’re at now apparently is in a way more precarious place.

When it’s been pointed out that our QB recruiting has been utterly atrocious compared to every top program under Mario, certain posters deflected by hyping up how we’d land an A&M-like DL haul that would be the best in the country..

When concerns have been raised about WR recruiting, it was “but the DL class, bro.”

CB recruiting looking like a dumpster fire? Interior OL recruiting issues? Don’t worry - wait till you see the DL class!

If we land weak hauls at most of the premium positions, especially QB/WR/CB, and the DL class is only good but not elite, then this class is in deep **** no matter how much some want to cope with the obvious by harping on how Mario & Zo are evaluating 3*’s ranked in the 1000’s in some chess, not checkers manner.

How about this as solution to our recruiting site woes, and I am primarily addressing those people on here who consider themselves “Insiders”.

STOP MAKING PREDICTIONS AND UPDATES. It is pretty clear that our ”sources” within the UM staff do not know what they are talking about right now, for whatever reason. So rather than raising expectations every 4-5 days with obviously inaccurate information, just stop. I would rather have people speculating nonsensically than expecting, and being let down time and time again.

As for visits, can we also stop pumping who is visiting? Visits mean so little in today’s day and age, and no staff should be given as much credit as we give this staff for getting people to visit. I really don’t care who visits or who tweets or IG photos. ALL I care about is who is signed to play for UM. I appreciate that this is a website which is trying to create content to keep viewers and increase its own marketability, but this site will implode as its predecessors sites have done because of bad information which lets people down.

So please just stop raising people’s expectations. Please stop telling us about someone who has UM in their top 52 or even top 12. If we are shocked by a commit, great. Let us be shocked. Shocked is better than constantly let down. And before the “recruiting ain’t for the faint of heart” crowds chimes in, you are misunderstanding my point. If a website, any site, loses credibility with its customers, it dies, like any other form of media.

Last point, if you are wondering whether this post is directed at you, IT IS.

Nyjalick Kelly
Cyrus Moss
Rueben Bain
Jayden Wayne
Ahmad Moten
Francis Mauigoa
Samson Okunlola
Tommie Kinsler
Colins Acheopong

The staff should absolutely set the expectations high considering they're telling us about how invested the university is now. Being in battles with the big boys is the only way we're ever going to get back to where we want to go.

Where I, and I assume others as well, take issue is that there is absolutely no conceivable excuse right now to what is happening on the trail at the DT position. We have early playing time and supposedly a hefty NIL allocation to throw at them on top of a top notch recruiting HC who supposedly has taken it "personal" to get the DT room turned around. At some point, trying doesn't matter if guys aren't coming. It's especially concerning when we are being told "last year is what's holding us back" and yet UF, A&M, and OU are having no problem attracting top tier recruits when their seasons were **** just like ours.

At some point, the staff deserves criticism for their failures. Of course, we are only halfway through July and there is still time to put together a nice class, but guys we're being told are towards the top of our board are going elsewhere and with every passing day, we're running out of time. There's been like 6 posts showing the importance of getting these kids committed in the summer and why it's important. We're not going to go out and flip 15-20 top kids if we have a good season. We may flip a handful like 4-6 and that would be awesome but we need to close on a few big fish NOW.

Advertisement
The goal is Top 1 everything class. But that’s not realistic.

That's a **** of a strawman. Nobody is arguing for top 1 everything. Nobody expects top 1 everything. And nobody actually has the practicable or attainable goal of top 1 everything.

We are specifically talking DL recruiting. We were told funds were being allocated heavily to DL similar to OL last year. We were told Mario was making DL recruiting the priority this year similar to OL recruiting last year. We were told to expect similar results (i.e., a top 2 DL class).

I appreciate your optimism but all that matters is the results. Moms, Dads, NIL, Joe, 5-7… whatever it is - and I think it’s the NIL money - we’re not getting it done.

Winning 10 games might help us with not having to overpay as much but banking on that to happen and then convert that to a bunch of 4 and 5 star flips from the schools cucking us like Ohio State, OKie, UGA… that’s just not realistic. We better spend heavy in the portal and attack the portal the way we’ll need to.
I'm with ya on the NIL money. Keep being told that NIL isnt an issue but I think its a major issue until proven otherwise. I think they have enough money for some of the top kids on their board but not really much for a guy like Jayden Jackson or any kid who's not top 5 on the board. We have immediate playing time to offer, beautiful campus, soon to be all new football facilities and a great city to live. Kids would jump in if we had good NIL offers out there. We need to overpay for kids like this and we don't have the money this cycle. The Gators do and look at their class. Prove me wrong.

Big Joe has a few months to fix this up or else it’s pa la Calle.

I’m sure he’s a nice guy but a wet paper bag can land 2 quality DT’s with everything we have to offer in terms of depth chart and alleged money (not sold on this tbh but it’s been repeated we’re offering fine NIL sooooooo ok…).

It’s all in on Breland, Franklin, Jones. Can’t land at least two of them and it’s a failure.
"It’s all in on Breland, Franklin, Jones. Can’t land at least two of them and it’s a failure"

fair enough. Can't argue with that

Advertisement
the staff was underwhelming imo. i said it last year that Oregon beat writers were saying that Joe cant recruit. i know we promoted taylor to make up for it but hes still green and not really proven as a College level coach (although hes an NFL HOFer). the areas we recruited well here are areas where our staff is proven (i.e. the OL where mario is known for developing kids and sending them to the league PERSONALLY). other than that, id say RB where we never had issues recruiting no matter the coach.
Just my opinion but I think they recruiter LB pretty well too and TE....can also make a case for DE.

Nyjalick Kelly
Cyrus Moss
Rueben Bain
Jayden Wayne
Ahmad Moten
Francis Mauigoa
Samson Okunlola
Tommie Kinsler
Colins Acheopong

Shooters gotta shoot. We’re gonna miss some as we try and overcome the poopshow that we put on the field last year but we’re also gonna guys that are critical in building up this foundation.

Don’t get too high or too low. We’re in good hands

Sorry I haven’t kept up the last few days but it seems we lost out on Jackson by the replies.. is this 100% confirmed?

Advertisement
Max said on his show last night that we're not his number one option. @Cribby says were likely going 0/2 with the Jacksons. Sounding like a bleak visions post (at least as far as the Jacksons are concerned)

Well happily Taint is still going after Lightfoot hard and if [unnecessary adjective deleted, don’t be an *******] Joe can't get him some help at D-tackle, he might start listening.

These d-linemen want to play next to other d-linemen who can help them out. Oklahoma alone is making Mario look worse than Manny. It's been annoying up to this point but I think it's extremely concerning now.

Something isn't adding up. Either Mario forgot how to recruit, his assistants are pure ***, or Miami is no longer competitive with NIL. I don't think Mario forgot so it's one or both of the others imo.

@BS85
I've said way worse thousands of times on this board just as almost every other poster has but I won't joke about his weight again and will tone it down even if I (rightfully) disagree.

It is ironic that you're calling me an ******* for for calling someone else a name though fyi. But I'll chill.
Animated GIF

Advertisement
Back