Jayden Gibson

He said something like go deep into the game with Bama. So basically lose but hang with them enough to keep it respectful instead of embarrassing.
This is what I'm hoping because Saban and staff want to impress SOFL recruits with a resounding beat down.

Advertisement
Bond is a fine player but he's more 1-dimensional than the other guys being recruited. I liked him more when I hadn't seen Ibeita, Horton and Gibson yet.
I disagree with that...I see some Devontae Smith when I see his tape ...and I said that when he was a 3* and people thought we were recruiting him as a corner.

I do kinda agree with overall premise of many in this thread that we have bigger areas of need than WR#3 for this class, especially with the monster Sofla class on deck next year.

Advertisement
Harley
Rambo
Pope
Wiggins
All 4 of these guys are gone after this year.

plus we lost Payton
Still returning 7 guys at WR, most relatively young.

Meanwhile, if 3 CB leave, we’re left with 4 players returning there. I think we need to try to make up ground at some other positions on the roster before we sweat another WR in this class.

Meanwhile, if 3 CB leave, we’re left with 4 players returning there. I think we need to try to make up ground at some other positions on the roster before we sweat another WR in this class.
I agree we have other holes but I don't get the point you are making, we currently have 3 CB (Fegans, Graves, and Rogers) committed, so like you said we may lose 3 but we already have 3 coming in and are still in it for Singletary so maybe 4 CBS. That is plenty for one class, can't over recruit one spot. Even with 7 guys at WR returning having 10-12 is the norm. 3 puts us there, you analysis also assumes we do not lose a younger WR to the portal if the young cats surpass them. I said it before Daz could be a candidate just because I do not hear much about him in the 2 deep.

Exactly. 7 guys returning minimum even if Wiggins and Pope leave as scheduled (both will graduate this year). Plus Curtis is a clear switch candidate to WR. Then you add in Ibieta and Horton. That's 10 kids for 3 starting spots.

We dont need another WR right now. We need at least two DEs (only 5 returning for 2 spots), two DTs (only 5 returning for 2 spots), three safeties (only 4 returning for 2 spots) and one striker (only 2 returning for 1 spot and this is even assuming that Harrell is moved to striker at some point).

Cull, Wilson, Henderson, Henderson, Singletary, Stewart, Kelly, Hastings, Lucas are all much higher priorities than another WR.

Advertisement
Harley
Rambo
Pope
Wiggins
All 4 of these guys are gone after this year.

plus we lost Payton
Leaves u with Keyshawn smith,mike Redding,Xavier restepo, Romelo Brinson, Jacolby George, brashard smith plus ibietta and Horton maybe Gibson but I would bet pope or Wiggins return

Advertisement
I think Pope returns and works out of the slot, thats where he is best at... Wiggins transfers..

In past Fall camps, we'd have kids transferring once the real depth chart hit and they weren't tapped for first string (or second in some cases). This Fall camp they have nowhere to go, everyone's roster is full and there's a million kids already in the portal. So Pope and Wiggins are stuck here no matter what.

That said, I feel highly confident they're both gone after the season. Wiggins has PTSD and desperately needs a new start. Pope still has it in him. But if he does poorly, he'll be buried. And if he does well, he won't want to share reps with Brashard. And Brashard won't be denied.

Either way, recruit like they will not be on the team.

Advertisement

Dude we want to PLAY 7 regularly in this offense. You can't depend on going 7/7 with evals and no injuries. We need more WR than in the past.

In past Fall camps, we'd have kids transferring once the real depth chart hit and they weren't tapped for first string (or second in some cases). This Fall camp they have nowhere to go, everyone's roster is full and there's a million kids already in the portal. So Pope and Wiggins are stuck here no matter what.

That said, I feel highly confident they're both gone after the season. Wiggins has PTSD and desperately needs a new start. Pope still has it in him. But if he does poorly, he'll be buried. And if he does well, he won't want to share reps with Brashard. And Brashard won't be denied.

Either way, recruit like they will not be on the team.
Both are dead to me. Neither likes contact whatsoever, kind of a pre-requisite for football

Advertisement
Back