Jayden Bonsu Commits to O$U... Next

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Addae sounds very intelligent in interviews. I'm sure he's making significant efforts on the recruiting trail (it's a must if you want to work for Mario). We do need to win more of the DB battles going forward for sure. How many of the elite DBs remaining are waiting all the way until the end before making a decision? Do we need to reserve judgment until signing day?
Yes

Advertisement
Yes he was a first round pick but that wasn’t based on his play at Miami. Reggie Nelson, LaRon Landry, Eric Weddle, and Michael Griffin were the elite safeties.

Phillips wasn’t even on the 3rd team All American list

Lmfao since you acting like a groupie Laron Landry was trash Eric Weddle was trash Michael Griffin was trash and Reggie Nelson was trash. Kenny Phillips was better than all of them and definitely Brandon Meriweather.

Advertisement
I disagree. Elite win awards and are all Americans.

ER20 and ST are our latest elite safeties IMO
Well to be fair no program in the country has guys that stack up with Ed and Sean

I get your point but we’ve recruited some highly ranked safeties which I thought was the topic in the first place

But I misunderstood I guess

We still have not done well outside of a few guys though so I agree regardless

Its both, we need elite talent for the future and development for the current players. We don't win anything with average DBs and no coach magically makes them elite
If you’re talking OL, then sure.. we need talent infusion. As is, we have the talent to win in our secondary.

The goal is always to keep adding but winning now would make it a much easier task to land elite guys

Advertisement
It’s why I’m always weary of just hiring position coaches from places like Bama/UGA etc, it’s really hard to tell exactly how good they really are as recruiters at Powerhouse programs like that.

You could pretty much just take a Goldfish & slap a Bama/UGA sticker on the side of its tank & it would still sign a bunch of 4/5-star players at whichever position.

I’m waiting to see what the product on the field looks like & how the class finishes out, but it will be interesting to see what happens next offseason; Mario’s staffs usually have quite a bit of turnover from season to season.
Need to fire up the CIS collective for Raymond.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back