Jayden Bonsu Commits to O$U... Next

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sucks, we needed this kid. Cause we still have a couple of days and no Cribby concession yet either.

Advertisement
Really not impressed with Addae thus far
1660074725965.png

Advertisement
We've done more than alright over time recruiting Safeties:

• 5-star stud James Williams (will be a star)
  • Top-ranked Safety in his class (Tae)
  • Kam Kinchens (can't recall his ranking but most on here Approve highly of Kam)
  • The best safety to ever play the position (the great ST)
  • The 2nd best safety to ever play the position (Ed Reed)
  • Bennie Blades (UM HOF and all pro type NFL player) & a long list of absolute studs at that position

Yes, it's one of the positions this year that we'd like to see a little more recruiting momentum on, but the narrative that we have struggled or will struggle to recruit at this position is a little mind-boggling given the above. We've recruited at an extraordinary level at that position (can't get much better in fact than the #1 recruit at that position).

Advertisement
I mean he kind of has a point. There's no need to go doom and gloom...but for how strong of a recruiter he was at UGA...where are the results? Where's the board?

We only have a developmental guy in the class right now for CB, and we're heading into mid-August; now I'm sure that'll change and like with other positions, we will hear names pop up out of nowhere. But...we have virtually nothing in the DB room right now. If we don't land Bonsu, we've struck out on at least our top two safety targets. It's just a fact, and a consequence of recruiting against the big boys.

However, it's ok to voice that a guy who we perceived to be near the top of the recruiting power rankings not just at Miami, but in the country...isn't living up to those expectations (yet).

Now, what he did with our DB room in the Spring game, that's **** good; and I expect the unit to take a significant leap in the right direction in 2022. I'm just merely suggesting the reasons behind being disappointed with his recruiting thus far.

I mean he kind of has a point. There's no need to go doom and gloom...but for how strong of a recruiter he was at UGA...where are the results? Where's the board?

We only have a developmental guy in the class right now for CB, and we're heading into mid-August; now I'm sure that'll change and like with other positions, we will hear names pop up out of nowhere. But...we have virtually nothing in the DB room right now. If we don't land Bonsu, we've struck out on at least our top two safety targets. It's just a fact, and a consequence of recruiting against the big boys.

However, it's ok to voice that a guy who we perceived to be near the top of the recruiting power rankings not just at Miami, but in the country...isn't living up to those expectations (yet).

Now, what he did with our DB room in the Spring game, that's **** good; and I expect the unit to take a significant leap in the right direction in 2022. I'm just merely suggesting the reasons behind being disappointed with his recruiting thus far.
Agree with this assessment. Just need to close better at DB right now

And UGA fans weren't exactly mourning his loss either since Smart was involved in most of those wins. I think he's been overrated as a recruiter around these parts but I guess time will tell.

Advertisement
And UGA fans weren't exactly mourning his loss either since Smart was involved in most of those wins. I think he's been overrated as a recruiter around these parts but I guess time will tell.
It’s why I’m always weary of just hiring position coaches from places like Bama/UGA etc, it’s really hard to tell exactly how good they really are as recruiters at Powerhouse programs like that.

You could pretty much just take a Goldfish & slap a Bama/UGA sticker on the side of its tank & it would still sign a bunch of 4/5-star players at whichever position.

I’m waiting to see what the product on the field looks like & how the class finishes out, but it will be interesting to see what happens next offseason; Mario’s staffs usually have quite a bit of turnover from season to season.

Advertisement
Im give the man the full year.....just because we don't know the board....doesn't mean it doesn't exist...

JMHO

Frankly im over summer and crootin....I need football

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back