Javion Cohen w/the assist

Advertisement
I remember after he signed here how mature & professional he sounded at his first press conference. I take his praise more serious then I would most.

Very cool interview & great insight as to why Mario & Mirabal have so much success with elite OL.

I already think we good on OL we upgraded the Center position and people don’t even realize that. Lee was good but Carpenter is legit asf. Don’t know who’s replacing JC but I’m sure it will be someone good. Maybe not his level yet but not some average Joe

Eh, I don’t know about us upgrading at C. Matt Lee was the 4th rated IOL in the portal as a 4* Transfer. We picked up both Cohen #1 & Lee #4. Carpenter was a 3* Transfer and 11th ranked at his position in the portal this season.

Also per PFF rankings (& I hate PFF for CFB):
Matt Lee had a 89.1 Pass Block Grade (4th among all FBS Centers) last season, Carpenter had 71.8. Lee had a 70.3 Run Block Grade, Carpenter had a 61.0.

Advertisement
Eh, I don’t know about us upgrading at C. Matt Lee was the 4th rated IOL in the portal as a 4* Transfer. We picked up both Cohen #1 & Lee #4. Carpenter was a 3* Transfer and 11th ranked at his position in the portal this season.

Matt Lee had a 89.1 Pass Block Grade (4th among all FBS Centers) last season, Carpenter had 71.8. Lee had a 70.3 Run Block Grade, Carpenter had a 61.0.
I just value Carpenter more cause if he was good enough for Harbaugh he’s a take for me. I think Lee is the better mover pause like pulling he’s quick but I think as a blocker Carpenter. I could be wrong but that’s what I think as of now. If he gets bullied then delete my post I never said this lol

I just value Carpenter more cause if he was good enough for Harbaugh he’s a take for me. I think Lee is the better mover pause like pulling he’s quick but I think as a blocker Carpenter. I could be wrong but that’s what I think as of now. If he gets bullied then delete my post I never said this lol

Bro, lol; he was a 3* coming out of HS, & he’s rated as a 3* transfer, meaning his value at the collegiate level didn’t change. He was on Harbaugh’s roster & he was put on ST.

Matt Lee was a hella low 3* coming out of HS, & after his collegiate body of work was re-evaluated, re-rated as a bonafide blue chip. HS rankings r cool, & it’s very important, yet it’s still based upon projection. That transfer score has been pretty spot on b/c it’s collegiate game film available. I actually think we take a step back at the C position w/o Lee. Dude was not just a great player, but an awfully good communicator & leader along the OL. Not sure if Carpenter has that in him.

Bro, lol; he was a 3* coming out of HS, & he’s rated as a 3* transfer, meaning his value at the collegiate level didn’t change. He was on Harbaugh’s roster & he was put on ST.

Matt Lee was a hella low 3* coming out of HS, & after his collegiate body of work was re-evaluated, re-rated as a bonafide blue chip. HS rankings r cool, & it’s very important, yet it’s still based upon projection. That transfer score has been pretty spot on b/c it’s collegiate game film available. I actually think we take a step back at the C position w/o Lee. Dude was not just a great player, but an awfully good communicator & leader along the OL. Not sure if Carpenter has that in him.

I think this is all fair ^…BUT it has to be at least mentioned that Carpenter's grade and all that is against better comp than AAC Lee's was.

But yes definitely has big shoes to fill…But the fact they went after him day 1 of portal gives me hope.

Advertisement
Him and Lee will be missed, I see a slight regression on the interior next year with them gone.
I totally understand your point of view and respect your opinion. That being said I think we will see a net gain next year for 3 reasons. Mauigoa, Cooper and Rivers. Slide Carpenter into Lee's spot at Center and I think we will be fine. Another reason for my positive outlook is that I really think that Rivers will move to LG to take over for Cohen. The reasoning is that LG is Rivers natural position and the fact we have not 1 not 2 but 3 excellent players competing for LT in Okunlola, McCoy and Bell.

Advertisement

Carpenter played for IU not Michigan

I like Carpenter, looks more physical than Lee but less mobile. Just my quick viewing of his posted stuff from inside theu when he committed. Also i think he did play at Michigan and then Indiana. He used his his second transfer to us i think.

Advertisement
I already think we good on OL we upgraded the Center position and people don’t even realize that. Lee was good but Carpenter is legit asf. Don’t know who’s replacing JC but I’m sure it will be someone good. Maybe not his level yet but not some average Joe
Size wise Carp is over Lee but we shall see. I want to see his snap Pull ability Lee was elite at that

Like how u put first how u hate the off grades but I’ll give Carp a pass on his grades bc that does have to do with who’s next to him as well. I have high hopes for him

Auburn really screwed that position when they hired Freeze man.

Advertisement
Back