Javion Cohen w/the assist

Eh, I don’t know about us upgrading at C. Matt Lee was the 4th rated IOL in the portal as a 4* Transfer. We picked up both Cohen #1 & Lee #4. Carpenter was a 3* Transfer and 11th ranked at his position in the portal this season.

Also per PFF rankings (& I hate PFF for CFB):
Matt Lee had a 89.1 Pass Block Grade (4th among all FBS Centers) last season, Carpenter had 71.8. Lee had a 70.3 Run Block Grade, Carpenter had a 61.0.
PFF questions

Does the competition affect the score? I am guessing yes as you would probably score higher playing FAMU as opposed to Michigan or does the scoring consider the opponent's strength?

Does a pass block grade of 89 mean that you played better than your opponent 89% of the time on passing downs?

Advertisement
Bring us Downs.

joshua-gerlach-6y3xre3cFWc-unsplash.jpg

Advertisement
PFF questions

Does the competition affect the score? I am guessing yes as you would probably score higher playing FAMU as opposed to Michigan or does the scoring consider the opponent's strength?

Does a pass block grade of 89 mean that you played better than your opponent 89% of the time on passing downs?

I hate PFF for college football. I believe their metric is flawed on the collegiate level. I’m not sure if S.O.S or level of competition is taken in to consideration, actually. It’s just a data point, & my eyeball test was Lee was substantially better than Capenter at the C position.

I think the better ? is, how many of ya’ll have watched IU football, & not just highlights? Lol

Agreed, great program endorsement. Want to add, as much as we all want to win, these families put their kids in these coaches hands, some are slime balls, others are not. It sounds like our head coach and Mirabel are genuine people with good intentions. Bodes well for these kid's future. Go Canes.
Hmmm …

Advertisement
Love to hear it. Also a very well spoken young man. I get tired of hearing people say "like" 5 to 10 times in a sentence. Think he only said it, maybe 5 times in 1:30+ talking. Haha

Or “ You Know”…..that drives me nuts listening to someone speak when “ you know” is “ you know “ every third /fourth word “ you know” …😜

I trust the staffs evaluation on Carpenter. They deserve criticism in many areas, but not evaluating and recruiting OL.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back