Jason Taylor and Joe Salave'a

Advertisement
Advertisement
I don’t understand knowing how much emphasis Mario puts on both lines play and recruiting.. that he not only brought this dude over, but he refused to fire him all because he didn’t find a nice pillow soft landing place.

Dudes a huge problem, that has cost of recruits 2 years in a row.
His brother was Francis’ high school football coach in American Samoa.

He’s not getting fired from the program. Demoted—maybe. He might leave of his own accord, but no way he gets fired

20231126_191843.jpg

[BGCOLOR=initial]Me:[/BGCOLOR]
image.gif

Attachments

• 20231126_180546.jpg
    20231126_180546.jpg
    345.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Advertisement

He’s not getting fired from the program. Demoted—maybe. He might leave of his own accord, but no way he gets fired
Okay.. makes complete sense now. Had no idea of that connection.

Appreciate the into.

I did not know that. That's some good info

Advertisement
Isn’t Guidry a DBs coach by trade?

We essentially have 2 DL Coaches and 2 DB coaches. Not sure what happens with the above but clearly we could essentially open up some room.

Time to bring in a dedicated STC. Been harping on it for over a decade. We haven’t had a STC since Randy’s tenure (Pannuzio). 4 coaching regimes since then and still no dedicated STC.

TE coaching needs an upgrade as well.

We essentially have 2 DL Coaches and 2 DB coaches. Not sure what happens with the above but clearly we could essentially open up some room.

Time to bring in a dedicated STC. Been harping on it for over a decade. We haven’t had a STC since Randy’s tenure (Pannuzio). 4 coaching regimes since then and still no dedicated STC.

Safeties I believe

OT: hire Coley as TE coach and Assistant HC/OC. Focus him on recruiting.

Advertisement
But Addae hasn't done much either...2 of our highest touted corners couldn't make the jump and transferred out
I agree, and was just thinking about this yesterday. As much as people like to criticize Mario, he did make some very good hires last year. That being said, there’s two glaring weaknesses on this staff right now…Joe and Addae. If Mario can find a way to upgrade these two spots, as a whole I’d say we have a very good staff overall.

I'd be very interested in knowing what lifestyle sacrifices JT is willing to make as he rises the coaching ranks. Would he actually want to live in a MAC type town again if they offered him a head coaching job? Would he go back to Pittsburgh if something happens with Corch Dooz there and a new guy offered him the DC job? Would a program like FIU offer him their HC job quicker than they might someone else?

All I know is if this ends up being something JT truly wants to commit to for the longggg term that you'd be hard pressed to find an AD or administrator that he wouldn't have eating from the palm of his hand during the interview process.

And this completely ignores NFL interest that has already been present but I don't think would be reciprocal unless he somehow got disillusioned by external factors on the college level.

Advertisement
Back