Jason Marshall Commits To UF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
There are few recruits out there where you know that it is the kiss of death for the team that initially lands him. If those dudes commit to Miami, you cringe because you know that it means another recruit is getting shut out and you will ultimately end up empty handed. In those rare cases, you actually want sloppy seconds. I'd put the odds at 75% he doesn't end up with UF.

Thats why I'm not going to disparage him at this point. We have a very long offseason ahead and he will have his Palmetto buddies working on him to go to Miami. Nothing UF can do if he says "thanks for the free trapper keepers" and flips to Miami.
He seems like your regular fickle South Florida 5* so I wouldn't be surprised if decommits from UF. The thing is Bama would be his most likely destination if that were the case. We put the full-court press on him and he still committed to UF...imagine if Bama doesn't get McKinstry.

Yep, I guess some hold it against Rumph that we don't have the deep pockets that Bama or GA have.
We just gonna keep giving excuses for Rumph huh?

I’m not saying it’s not a factor and that it isn’t challenging but what’s the solution?

We’ve gotten other highly rated guys that others wanted but some reason we’ve struck out on all the highly sought guys at Rumph’s position.

He’s not even the reason the highly rated CBs even consider us.

He seems like your regular fickle South Florida 5* so I wouldn't be surprised if decommits from UF. The thing is Bama would be his most likely destination if that were the case. We put the full-court press on him and he still committed to UF; imagine if Bama doesn't get McKinstry.

That's why I don't get all the misery here. It's like people just want any reason to be upset at the program. Why would anyone be excited about landing a 5 star whose is more likely to decommitment than stick? As I said before I'd be happy yet extremely skeptical if he'd popped for Miami today.

Btw- if he had committed, virtually everyone would have said Rumph had zero to do with it and it was all Banda. But since he didn't it's on Rumph. Pretty unenviable position.

Advertisement
The recruiting level we're recruiting at is the best it's been. I doubt anyone is upset about the job that the staff is doing as a whole.

Marshall doesn't break the class...for a playoff team. They have guys readily available at CB already on their team or another Top 200 kid as a backup plan when plan A doesn't go through. We don't have either so when it seems as if the staff has finally turned the corner on a position that they've continued to struggle with for years and he commits elsewhere, some of us are going to be a bit upset.
You and everyone else is free to feel however you want and I didn’t say anything to the contrary. I personally think we already have talented CBs on our roster and think Brown could be really good if he ultimately commits. Look I wanted Marshall as much as anyone, but I am feeling good about where we are heading as a program and won’t let 1 player not coming here negatively effect that. But if y’all want to focus on who doesn’t come instead of who does, then do you. I wasn’t trying to change anyone’s mind with my post, which is why I said resume melting down..

Yup and Elder has 3 total tackles in the league. Mike Jackson hasn't record a stat in the league. Yet we talk about UF's first round guys being bust. At least they are getting their guys drafted high while we are still here making excuses for Rumph and talking about how great of a "teacher" he is.

That great teacher schtick is old and worn out. Our CB technique has been trash. Year 4 guys still can’t turn a locate the ball.

Elder (4th)
Dean (UDFA) JUCO
Colbert (UDFA) TEXAS TR
M Jack (5th)
Bandy (UDFA)

Enough is enough. Not getting it done on and off the field.

I guess folks really thought we were going to sweep Palmetto...? Our fans are nuts. When Marshall said he was going to shake up the boat, I figured he was going elsewhere.

That great teacher schtick is old and worn out. Our CB technique has been trash. Year 4 guys still can’t turn a locate the ball.

Elder (4th)
Dean (UDFA) JUCO
Colbert (UDFA) TEXAS TR
M Jack (5th)
Bandy (UDFA)

I hate this, but it’s true. And CJ Henderson was just the 9th pick overall. With all that said though, Marshall and his coach still got paid off by UF.

Advertisement

Elder (4th)
Dean (UDFA) JUCO
Colbert (UDFA) TEXAS TR
M Jack (5th)
Bandy (UDFA)

And that is giving him more credit because Elder was a 5th rounder.

So you are one of the guys that believe Rumph is some kind of coaching savant lmao.

You are ok with a coach that is an average to above average coach but is a garbage recruiter?

Rumph would’ve been fired had he not been a Cane and not have local high school connections (he would go back to bad mouthing us if he went back to high school coaching and you know Luke would be killing us as well).

But go ahead and keep beating your chest about all of our game changing plays our cbs made last year.

How about all the games that CB play did not cost us.

rock.gif
Robotica the real scene.gif

You and everyone else is free to feel however you want and I didn’t say anything to the contrary. I personally think we already have talented CBs on our roster and think Brown could be really good if he ultimately commits. Look I wanted Marshall as much as anyone, but I am feeling good about where we are heading as a program and won’t let 1 player not coming here negatively effect that. But if y’all want to focus on who doesn’t come instead of who does, then do you. I wasn’t trying to change anyone’s mind with my post, which is why I said resume melting down..
I wasn't trying to change your mind either. I'm not as upset as others but it's still kinda annoying that we almost had as close as sure-thing at corner.

Advertisement
Dude, let's just fire everyone then. Oh wait, we've been doing that.

Show me what game changing play or player any coach has coached up to 1st or 2nd round talent.

If that's your litmus test, he's done far better than the rest of the staff.

**** is dumb with Rumph. People still think we should be getting all the top local talent when the top local talent has been going elsewhere for a decade or so. You know where they keep going, to the top teams or other in state schools who have been better than us this last decade.

We get some, but peoples expectations are seriously out of whack until we do something that matters, on the actual field. We've been at best a three star program, but m'fers expect five star results on the recruiting front. How in the **** does that make sense?

This year, we're making some noise, but best believe if there's a season, those kids are going to be jumping overboard real quick if we **** the bed where it matters, on the field.

That’s the point. Recruiting prowess is more important than coaching.

How many three stars or low four stars has Saban “coached up” into the first or second round?

Yes I agree recruiting is hard especially at his position. We have to be realistic.

But my goodness he’s losing all the battles even the ones where we have an inside advantage.

We have won battles against the $ec look at recently and on signing day this year.

We aren’t gonna win them all but is 1 out of every 4 too much to expect from him?

Ok what about 1 out of 5?

Kool amd cmr and yes manny left our dtackle spot soft AF. Rj and Norton leaving early hurt on top of that. Then we fail to recruit elite db’s and you get the results form unc in the first quarter and on 4th and 17.
All db’s get burned. But it’s a lot easier to play when every play is getting broken up by a pass rush from a 3 tech.
Our defensive end play is what has been saving this defense imo. Our db’s and safeties looked like a bunch of studs against Notre dame cause our line had legit nfl talent on it and Winbush really wasn’t a passer.
So while marshal not coming sucks it is in no way as important as LT. But elite teams get both elite trench bullies and stud db’s.
6’2 5 star corners don’t grow on trees and since they don’t they command top dollar. Any dude that size and that fast gets swallowed up by the top schools and mfers onthis site talk all that sht about how they get drafted high like it’s some freaking secret.
ps2, tc, cj, okuda, aj terrel, Fred Davis even that Cavazos dude will al go high on the draft cause athletic 6’2 freaks that can run a 4.4 as juniorS in high school are as close to a lock as you can get. But we want Rumph to make isiah dunson’s 4.89 *** a first rounder?!! These “technically sound” udfa corners have already cost us games and will continue to do so unless we get some dude or dudes in here that can land or drop bags for these types of kids.

Advertisement
We just gonna keep giving excuses for Rumph huh?

I’m not saying it’s not a factor and that it isn’t challenging but what’s the solution?

We’ve gotten other highly rated guys that others wanted but some reason we’ve struck out on all the highly sought guys at Rumph’s position.

He’s not even the reason the highly rated CBs even consider us.
The main thing people keep bring up are the same 5*s (Surtain, Jobe, Campbell, Stevenson) that everyone knew were not coming. The only valid criticism, is that we don't get after the next level guys until it's too late. In fact, in past cycles we blew them off. But them again, Rumph is not in charge of the CB board, he's not the one dictating recruiting strategy.

This time we flushed it out early. It's all about how we respond.

Last edited:
And cats got all in their feelings on here when I said Manny was stupid as **** to drop that tweet before the kid popped publicly. We got the dumbest staff when it comes to this ****. Bunch of premature ejaculators on Twitter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back