Jason Marshall Commits To UF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
If Marshall comes and they all play to their ceiling and potential. It could make a case for the best Canes defense of all time. At least 3 first round talent between these kids.
I hear you though. The amount of athletic/versatile defenders we are adding is crazy. Look at our top players from that Storm18 class though- Lingard, Silvera, Pope, Jordan, Williams. Only Jordan has made all conference ACC team. Jarren Williams and Lorenzo Lingard did nothing here and transferred, and Silvera and Pope have flashed but haven’t taken off yet. This ‘21 class is special though on paper.

I hear you though. The amount of athletic/versatile defenders we are adding is crazy. Look at our top players from that Storm18 class though- Lingard, Silvera, Pope, Jordan, Williams. Only Jordan has made all conference ACC team. Jarren Williams and Lorenzo Lingard did nothing here and transferred, and Silvera and Pope have flashed but haven’t taken off yet. This ‘21 class is special though on paper.
Jarren flashed more than Pope and Silvera. Didn’t do anything meaningful but neither have those two. I do think Pope is going to take a big step this season though.

Going back to Manasco this was his initial quote with Chris Stock. Stock called to clarify bu he did say he has it on recording so there was no misquote:

“I know the new staff isn’t in love with Brashard Smith, which I’ve been trying to sell them on Brashard Smith since he was in ninth grade because Brashard is the best offensive player in Dade County in my opinion,” Palmetto head coach Mike Manasco said.

and THIS was his clarification after Stock called:

"Nobody has been recruiting Brashard Smith harder than Rhett Lashlee," Palmetto head coach Mike Manasco said. "They are absolutely in love--maybe I misspoke, but that's what I meant to say. That's basically why Brashard decommitted (from Florida). They've done such a great job and they love him."

After publishing the article, a follow-up was done with Manasco to clarify his statement about Miami's interest.

"I totally didn't mean to say that," Manasco said. "That's not exactly what I meant at all."

Manasco believes Miami is heavily interested in Smith.

"They are 100 percent in," Manasco said. "The offensive staff loves Brashard. My thing was with what I was saying before is I've been trying to put him on Miami's radar since he was in ninth grade and now they're definitely 100 percent in on him."

Advertisement
Going back to Manasco this was his initial quote with Chris Stock. Stock called to clarify bu he did say he has it on recording so there was no misquote:

“I know the new staff isn’t in love with Brashard Smith, which I’ve been trying to sell them on Brashard Smith since he was in ninth grade because Brashard is the best offensive player in Dade County in my opinion,” Palmetto head coach Mike Manasco said.

"Nobody has been recruiting Brashard Smith harder than Rhett Lashlee," Palmetto head coach Mike Manasco said. "They are absolutely in love--maybe I misspoke, but that's what I meant to say. That's basically why Brashard decommitted (from Florida). They've done such a great job and they love him."

After publishing the article, a follow-up was done with Manasco to clarify his statement about Miami's interest.

"I totally didn't mean to say that," Manasco said. "That's not exactly what I meant at all."

"They are 100 percent in," Manasco said. "The offensive staff loves Brashard. My thing was with what I was saying before is I've been trying to put him on Miami's radar since he was in ninth grade and now they're definitely 100 percent in on him."
As if he couldnt make it more obvious in his dislike for miami why would he bring that up seeing as since brashard was in 9th grade we have had different OC's literally no point what so ever. That's so dumb like ya man miami isn't on him and I've been telling them about him since he was in the the 9th grade but ya know the oc,wr,rb,te,ol coach all dont coach here now when I told u

Lashlee loves him that’s a fact

If Marshall comes and they all play to their ceiling and potential. It could make a case for the best Canes defense of all time. At least 3 first round talent between these kids.
I'll say this for sure, if all these dudes pick UM, the guys coming in will have a strong NFL type feel to them. A lot of them look/play like the types of players that pro teams want.

Williams might play three years of pure safety here, but NFL teams are no doubt going to utilize him all over the field. Adams, Deonne Buchanon, Mark Barron all laid a blueprint for that hybrd style. You could say the same for Chase if he comes here. Taylor can play inside or out, so you know teams are going to be all over that. Collins just has a body type that NFL teams will draft to develop. Ishmael might walk out of here at 6'5 275. These are some NFL looking dudes.

I know these are exciting times, but come back down to earth my brother.
I cautiously put if they all play to their ceiling and potential. As it stands rn they’re projected comps on 247 (yup ) are top 15, first round projection. When was the last time we had something like that, if they dominate with today’s uptempo speed and spread offense opposing offenses play. They can very much be.

Advertisement
I'll say this for sure, if all these dudes pick UM, the guys coming in will have a strong NFL type feel to them. A lot of them look/play like the types of players that pro teams want.

Williams might play three years of pure safety here, but NFL teams are no doubt going to utilize him all over the field. Adams, Deonne Buchanon, Mark Barron all laid a blueprint for that hybrd style. You could say the same for Chase if he comes here. Taylor can play inside or out, so you know teams are going to be all over that. Collins just has a body type that NFL teams will draft to develop. Ishmael might walk out of here at 6'5 275. These are some NFL looking dudes.
No question about it. And another thing, I really believe this year is the last time we’ll see a UM player leave prematurely for the draft. Love G15. But with the incoming class, they have this attitude of bringing us 6 and 7 🏆. That old school Cane mentality.

Version 2.0 of Big Vince up front, DJ on the edges, Rumph on the outside and Ed out back. ***** it, throw in T2 to fill in for Vilma in the middle.

Advertisement
1596849546035.png

Advertisement
If Miami signs Marshall and Collier the class would jump Clemson and move into #3 on 247 behind Alabama and Ohio State with a class rating of 271.09.
A rating of 271 would *maybe* be a top 10 class when it all shakes out. Our #8 class from 2018 was around 280. Still, after last season? I'll take it.

A rating of 271 would *maybe* be a top 10 class when it all shakes out. Our #8 class from 2018 was around 280. Still, after last season? I'll take it.

breshard will get a bump to 4 star and also Rodriguez who both are now Army All Americans. Those will both help our numbers. Troutman or Davis might sneak into 4 star territory also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back