Jason Marshall Commits To UF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
I'm not gonna get hyped in the slightest until I get a gif from someone on the coaching staff. CBs are one thing, but another gif means good things always. Not even the guys here get me as hyped as Manny tweeting out some gif.
Dvd did post an eye emoji yesterday, but haven't seen anything from other coaches. May have been for the 2022 DT as he posted the fsu leg guitar as well.

Last edited:
The "development" schtick is the biggest racket in recruiting. It is the tool of the rich to stay rich. Programs like Ohio Taint, LSU, Baga, and Clemson pound the development drum, and dummies buy it.

It's a self-perpetuating racket. Sign great talent. Great talent does what great talent is supposed to do--gets drafted high. Coaches then take credit for creating that talent instead of just signing it. Dummies buy into and spread the idiotic witchcraft that position coaches and HCs at those schools have some sort of market cornered on development. Rinse. Repeat.
Isn’t Alabama’s brochure to high school players simply a list of Crimson Tide players who went to the NFL? You’re absolutely right...at this point it’s a self perpetuating machine.

57B5B1A3-8D28-4EEB-BBCF-D2BF2204054D.gif

Been Waiting on the bartender for a week!!

I know these are exciting times, but come back down to earth my brother.
U need two more classes like this to gain depth. Agree 92 people need to chill. We have to close as well that's been our weakness then if we do the next class can't take a dip it need to be elite. If it is then we can start cooking if we miss we in trouble. Because we want to be dominant and u have to recruit three elite class on top of each other.

Advertisement
U need two more classes like this to gain depth. Agree 92 people need to chill. We have to close as well that's been our weakness then if we do the next class can't take a dip it need to be elite. If it is then we can start cooking if we miss we in trouble. Because we want to be dominant and u have to recruit three elite class on top of each other.
Agree with the three elite classes stacked on top of eachother to be an elite football team but I would wager to say my friend that With the addition of walker to the 20 class that we only need one more elite class after this class in 22 to be elite from a depth standpoint. Because like I said with addition of walker I feel that the 20 class was top ten elite. Jmo

I hear you though. The amount of athletic/versatile defenders we are adding is crazy. Look at our top players from that Storm18 class though- Lingard, Silvera, Pope, Jordan, Williams. Only Jordan has made all conference ACC team. Jarren Williams and Lorenzo Lingard did nothing here and transferred, and Silvera and Pope have flashed but haven’t taken off yet. This ‘21 class is special though on paper.
Well said

Agree with the three elite classes stacked on top of eachother to be an elite football team but I would wager to say my friend that With the addition of walker to the 20 class that we only need one more elite class after this class in 22 to be elite from a depth standpoint. Because like I said with addition of walker I feel that the 20 class was top ten elite. Jmo

Facts. That 20 class was just missing another elite OL and he gave us that.
4 star Qb ✅
2 elite RB ✅
4 4 star WR ✅
2 elite tackles ✅
Elite edge player✅
Solid DT
Austin cave And Flagg are ballers at Lb
Elite S✅
And some good athletes at CB

Stack this class on top of another elite one next year and we’re there.

Advertisement
Agreed, although I would say that last year’s class was just good enough that coupled with this years and another top 10 next year, you have the horses to make a run.

The "development" schtick is the biggest racket in recruiting. It is the tool of the rich to stay rich. Programs like Ohio Taint, LSU, Baga, and Clemson pound the development drum, and dummies buy it.

It's a self-perpetuating racket. Sign great talent. Great talent does what great talent is supposed to do--gets drafted high. Coaches then take credit for creating that talent instead of just signing it. Dummies buy into and spread the idiotic witchcraft that position coaches and HCs at those schools have some sort of market cornered on development. Rinse. Repeat.
You are %1000 absolutely spot on with this take. It’s how the rich stay rich.

This man understands the racket.
I think there are a handful of head coaches that legit could be viewed as talent maximizers/developers (overachieving with lesser talent). I'd put Fleck, Chryst, Peterson, and Whittingham in that category. Maybe Leach too. Not impressed by coaches that have 5 star talent playing at a 5 star level.

Yeah I believe you are right on the money there for sure. I also believe that the 19 class while not elite is a lot better than their ranking. There are some ABSOLUTE STUDS in that class and there’s no way that was the 27th best class in the country. I think a lot of those recruits will out play their rankings giving us a possible great but not quite elite class. Which won’t get us to the promise land but maybe help us convince elite recruits we are turning the corner a year earlier then expected. Just my 2
1596921228155.gif

Advertisement
I think today would be a perfect day to pop. People kind of moved on from this whole thing nationally, his teammate committed and got his shine on Thursday, next one commits on Monday. It makes too much sense not to pop today. If he makes it past this weekend without committing, it may be awhile before he goes public then.
If he pops before Collier, it wouldn’t be a secret where Collier is going. I just don’t see how if Collier pops to us, that anyone would think JM is going anywhere else.

Advertisement
Agreed, although I would say that last year’s class was just good enough that coupled with this years and another top 10 next year, you have the horses to make a run.
I hear u bruh but last year's class not even 2018 class comes close especially with what we should close with. We flamed down the stretch in 18 let's see if those bags are turned down late this cycle. This is truly our first elite class I'm assuming other big names as well it's close.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back