Jason Marshall Commits To UF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Patrick Peterson or Pat Surtain jr. any projection is fine by me. That’s two 1st round picks right there.

Advertisement
Trayvon Mullen 2.0 with better ball skills.

Doesn't have the freakish athletic ability that Peterson has, nor the pure speed. Pat is the most physically gifted CB to ever come out of Florida since Deion, Rashean Mathis might be a close second as well. Pat was a track athlete running in the 10.8 & 10.9's in HS & running 4.3's consistently, even at 30 he's still easily low 4.4, Jason doesn't have that raw speed, he's not slow at all but he's not a speed demon like Pat. He's in the mid 4.47-4.5 range.

He's got terrific naturally quick feet, Basketball player feet, he moves smoothly & has fluid hip turn ability with great WR hands. He's a natural playmaker with the ball in his hands & plays with very good instincts.

He doesn't really play that much Press man at Palmetto, but the upside is there, he's a day 1 contributor as a TF, no redshirt needed. Idk if he'll be an EE but if he is he's going to thrive in the S&C program.

By far the best Corner we would sign since Artie Burns in terms of upside & potential.

Advertisement
Pate Pete’s don’t just fall of tree’s. I hope Cribby right about that like he is about a lot of his other predictions lol I see a lot more jimmy smith/Dre Kirkpatrick. More fluid than both tho
More fluid than both is huge, because those two dudes are stiff as ****. Need to watch this tape since it seems that good news is coming.

A lot of the comps leave me to believe that he isn't a freaky athlete, but PP cuts against that?

Advertisement
Trumaine Johnson is who he reminds me of, most. He's a boundary corner who doesn't have elite hips but has good feel for routes and can play the ball in the air. Johnson got PAID in the NFL.
All too familiar with that one (former Rams employee). Trumaine had an absolute monster year in 2015 and benefitted from being opposite of Janoris Jenkins back when Jenkins was a top 5 CB. Jenkins left for NYG after the '15 season during FA and Johnson was asked to be the 1 in 16-17 for LAR but it was CLEAR that he wasn't that guy. Got paid though like you said, Jets fell for this pigeon drop. Trumaine was never a true #1 but again, good for him for getting paid. Believe he is out of a job now, good guy though so I hope he gets on somewhere. Trumaine is a big dude though, like has to be in the 95+ percentile for NFL CB's type big. Dude looks like an SS and is easily 6'2 210+ and looks every bit of it.

Advertisement
B60B30F2-C4A2-4DC1-ABB4-DA99FFC73F39.png

Trayvon Mullen 2.0 with better ball skills.

Doesn't have the freakish athletic ability that Peterson has, nor the pure speed. Pat is the most physically gifted CB to ever come out of Florida since Deion, Rashean Mathis might be a close second as well. Pat was a track athlete running in the 10.8 & 10.9's in HS & running 4.3's consistently, even at 30 he's still easily low 4.4, Jason doesn't have that raw speed, he's not slow at all but he's not a speed demon like Pat. He's in the mid 4.47-4.5 range.

He's got terrific naturally quick feet, Basketball player feet, he moves smoothly & has fluid hip turn ability with great WR hands. He's a natural playmaker with the ball in his hands & plays with very good instincts.

He doesn't really play that much Press man at Palmetto, but the upside is there, he's a day 1 contributor as a TF, no redshirt needed. Idk if he'll be an EE but if he is he's going to thrive in the S&C program.

By far the best Corner we would sign since Artie Burns in terms of upside & potential.

how is his tackling? Our corners have to tackle in this scheme and get guys to the ground

I don’t watch film of guys like this until we get them because I don’t like hyping myself up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back