jason geathers arrested for heroin and drug trafficking...

Welcome to 2017, drug dealers are now victims.

Society is totally ****ed!!

On the contrary, they're going soft on addicts now. Black addicts didn't get this type of sympathy during the height of the crack era.

I'm as conservative/libertarian as they come and don't like injecting politics too much around here but this is spot on. The opioid "epidemic" surrrrrre is being framed through a much more compassionate and even justifying lense than the crack problem ever was......and it ain't because people's view on addiction have evolved. Perhaps we should treat the opioid heads in West Virginia and New England as strictly a crime issue too (which I wouldn't necessarily oppose) and only THEN on the next drug issue start talking about compassion and understanding? Might even things out for all the hypocrites now blaming the loss of coal mining jobs in 1978 as why 19 year old Jim Bob Jr. Is a pillhead in Kentucky in 2017. Annnnnd......end rant.

Maybe the medical and pharmaceutical industries should be held accountable for pushing painkillers like candy. 'Pain Management Centers' are nothing more than legal drug pushers.

Plenty of blame to go around on this very complex issue.

They should but won't , pay off enough politicians you can do evsgdver you want.

Another reason why I find politics hilarious.

Advertisement
low class.

The continued demise of society. Making jokes about a drug dealer getting walked down on a bicycle is low class, but the guy on the bike with a backpack full of heroin he's selling to kids is a great guy. You're the type of guy who would scream at the cops in a shrill voice for stopping your life partner from choking you to death.

I can see you getting interviewed on the local news all bruised and battered with your homemade "Free Flavio" tshirt on. "Flavio ain't done nothing!! Whack *** cops busted down our door just because I called and told them Flavio was beatin me to death! Why they do that ****! They hate homosexuals! That's why!"

:durantunimpressed:

Why do you troll the site commenting on teenagers crank size and talk down former athletes (you once cheered for) when they're at their lowest? For what purpose? To entertain your feeble-minded pompom posse and make yourself feel important? How can you dehumanize these individuals in the most unsavory and shameful manner from behind your computer and simultaneously talk about "the continued demise of society"? YOU, represent the continued demise of society in all your namby-pamby, desperate attention-seeking glory.

Addiction, especially as it relates to heroin these days, is very real. I have no idea what's going on in JG's life or what he was doing, but I've been around him before and I can tell you he has way more class than you. The truest test of one's character is how they treat the weakest (in actuality or perception) of their brethren, and you're a coward.
You got so intoxicated sniffing his jock 15 years ago that you still can't think straight, bytch. LOL at your jock sniffing excuses and lame addiction bullshyt.

Addicts don't roll around town with 24 small bags of heroin, bytch. Get that jockstrap off your face and try to think.

He's peddling smack to kids, and you're justifying it because he said hi to you 15 years ago and you've been crushing ever since. What a fruit pop you are.

Nah...as an athlete I'm not impressed because dudes run fast or can catch a football, and I know people who go through a bundle (10 small bags) or two a day; some of whom sell to support their own habit.

I'm not here to say I know what JG was doing, but I know you're a clown...and a coward. That I know for sure, and that's all i'm saying.

You're just jealous of Geathers' bicycle seat. Maybe they'll save it for you if you contact impound, bytch. LOL at "as an athlete." Sniffing jockstraps doesn't qualify you as an athlete, my bytch.

:monkey-serious:

In true Geathers fashion, he was going back and forth between marijuana, coke and heroin. If he had only concentrated on 1 drug he might have been better at it.

low class.

The continued demise of society. Making jokes about a drug dealer getting walked down on a bicycle is low class, but the guy on the bike with a backpack full of heroin he's selling to kids is a great guy. You're the type of guy who would scream at the cops in a shrill voice for stopping your life partner from choking you to death.

I can see you getting interviewed on the local news all bruised and battered with your homemade "Free Flavio" tshirt on. "Flavio ain't done nothing!! Whack *** cops busted down our door just because I called and told them Flavio was beatin me to death! Why they do that ****! They hate homosexuals! That's why!"

Why do you troll the site commenting on teenagers crank size and talk down former athletes (you once cheered for) when they're at their lowest? For what purpose? To entertain your feeble-minded pompom posse and make yourself feel important? How can you dehumanize these individuals in the most unsavory and shameful manner from behind your computer and simultaneously talk about "the continued demise of society"? YOU, represent the continued demise of society in all your namby-pamby, desperate attention-seeking glory.

Addiction, especially as it relates to heroin these days, is very real. I have no idea what's going on in JG's life or what he was doing, but I've been around him before and I can tell you he has way more class than you. The truest test of one's character is how they treat the weakest (in actuality or perception) of their brethren, and you're a coward.

If da truest test of character is how a body treats da weakest; wat it say about Geathers character dat he was profiting on pitifull addicts, and kids, by selling dem heroin, coke, and weed. Dem some of da weakest, true?

I don't need to ride on that man. His actions and predicament speak to his decision-making, which is obviously poor. I know good people can make bad decisions also, for a myriad of reasons and i'm not in the know about what he was doing.

Look, I'm not here to defend that man's actions, but it is low class to make light of someone's hardships from behind a computer in a forum like this, when you wouldn't dare say something to that man in public.

You got so intoxicated sniffing his jock 15 years ago that you still can't think straight, bytch. LOL at your jock sniffing excuses and lame addiction bullshyt.

Addicts don't roll around town with 24 small bags of heroin, bytch. Get that jockstrap off your face and try to think.

He's peddling smack to kids, and you're justifying it because he said hi to you 15 years ago and you've been crushing ever since. What a fruit pop you are.

Nah...as an athlete I'm not impressed because dudes run fast or can catch a football, and I know people who go through a bundle (10 small bags) or two a day; some of whom sell to support their own habit.

I'm not here to say I know what JG was doing, but I know you're a clown...and a coward. That I know for sure, and that's all i'm saying.

Yo, keep my name oucha mouth dawg or I'll see you in the blue lot #seethesehands #chinnutz #bostoncrab

Focus on the thread. i'm taking about Jason Geathers and low class posters. I don't know who you are, but you can DM your location because i'll be at the game on Saturday. I'll come check you.

You're just jealous of Geathers' bicycle seat. Maybe they'll save it for you if you contact impound, bytch. LOL at "as an athlete." Sniffing jockstraps doesn't qualify you as an athlete, my bytch.

:monkey-serious:

nah.. all I know is you're a coward, and that's all i'm saying.

Advertisement
Get
Welcome to 2017, drug dealers are now victims.

Society is totally ****ed!!

On the contrary, they're going soft on addicts now. Black addicts didn't get this type of sympathy during the height of the crack era.

I'm as conservative/libertarian as they come and don't like injecting politics too much around here but this is spot on. The opioid "epidemic" surrrrrre is being framed through a much more compassionate and even justifying lense than the crack problem ever was......and it ain't because people's view on addiction have evolved. Perhaps we should treat the opioid heads in West Virginia and New England as strictly a crime issue too (which I wouldn't necessarily oppose) and only THEN on the next drug issue start talking about compassion and understanding? Might even things out for all the hypocrites now blaming the loss of coal mining jobs in 1978 as why 19 year old Jim Bob Jr. Is a pillhead in Kentucky in 2017. Annnnnd......end rant.

Maybe the medical and pharmaceutical industries should be held accountable for pushing painkillers like candy. 'Pain Management Centers' are nothing more than legal drug pushers.

Plenty of blame to go around on this very complex issue.

Sure. 100%. In a 5 year stretch drug companies shipped 780 million doses of opioids to West Virginia alone. Check out our opioid use rates vs Japan too- a more aging population with theoretically more pain to "manage".

My point here is just the difference in the reaction to the opioid issue vs previous drug epidemics and my case that the cause of that variance in views is as equally a big problem-- as much as people want to forget the past and just focus on the crisis on hand.

No disagreement. I believe one issue is prescription opiates are legal while substances like heroin and cocaine are not. Most people do not associate someone addicted to a prescription painkiller as a criminal. One is a 'white collar' issue, the other a criminal menace. Poor people addicted at street drugs are devalued while wealthy addicts to an expensive drug 'made a mistake'. Longer sentences for possession of crack cocaine versus refined cocaine bear this out.

If we want to solve the problem associated with drugs we need to end the failed war on drugs and focus on the root causes that lead people down to those paths.

https://www.cato.org/publications/policy-analysis/four-decades-counting-continued-failure-war-drugs

I'm writing in broad stokes here but I think the point is valid.

Did you know the city of Fort Lauderdale requires bicycle registration? Like, if you live in Fort Lauderdale, you have to register your bicycle with the city and they give you a little label to put on the frame. This is done strictly to give police a legal way to stop people on bicycles for no reason. Black dude on a bike? You can pull him over to check his bike registration even if he's done absolutely nothing illegal. This law is rarely, if ever enforced east of US1.

Did you know the city of Fort Lauderdale requires bicycle registration? Like, if you live in Fort Lauderdale, you have to register your bicycle with the city and they give you a little label to put on the frame. This is done strictly to give police a legal way to stop people on bicycles for no reason. Black dude on a bike? You can pull him over to check his bike registration even if he's done absolutely nothing illegal. This law is rarely, if ever enforced east of US1.
On the other hand, if you don't have a bag full of heroin, coke and weed on you then you don't have any worries on your unregistered bicycle.

It sounds ****** that they pulled Geathers over for some fake reason, but he probably wouldn't have been arrested if they didn't allegedly find all that dope on him. It's kind of like a chick getting mad at her dude for looking at her phone and seeing pics of her being impregnated by some other guy.

Advertisement
Back