Jarvis Brownlee note

I'm from S. Florida, currently live in Orlando and went to school in Trailorhassee (FAMU)...UCF is arguably in the 2nd best location in Florida (outside of S. Florida) so I have no idea what you're talking about that its not a great city...well, U might be right as far as great city but its not horrible...definitely better than Trailorhassee, Gayturdville and even Tampa...
I like your vocabulary.......

Advertisement
Jesus Christ, this board never ceases to amaze me when it comes to their naivety regarding kids.

Kids don't care how "elite" your defense is if the team is still losing.
You guys really think kids are okay with going 7-5 as long as they play on a good defense?

Maybe schools like UCF tell defensive recruits that their struggling defense is the exact reason that they're so important to the class. A lot of kids want to play early. If a team's defense sucks, he thinks he can play early and help turn it around.

Kids want to win and have fun. (which is what they're doing in Orlando right now)
They also love whatever flavor is hot at the moment.

I had a kid who was legitimately interested in Oregon over Clemson, VT and a dozen other schools. When I said to the kid..."Why? They don't play any defense at that school." His response was "I can play early and dominate in that conference."

I had a kid choose Syracuse over Texas A&M (who was top-10 at the time) and Oklahoma.
I had another kid choose a Mike Riley led Oregon State (and then Nebraska) over a Gary Patterson coached TCU...simply because he liked coach Riley's personality better.
Gemon Eaford is a 4-star defensive kid who's (hard) committed to Oregon and he has offers from literally everybody in the country.
I got a kid right now who's stuck between UCF and Pitt. And he respects the fact that Pitt plays in the ACC but at the end of the day he wants to be a part of a winning program.

Also, some staffs flat-out recruit better than other staffs. They have cooler, more personable coaches who relate to the kids and make them feel wanted/comfortable. You guys talk as if all recruiting staffs are equal and on-field performance is the only thing that matters. Some of these coaches I meet are legit salesmen.

Some of you have to come down to earth and realize that Miami does not currently hold the status that it used to. Busting your *** and being part of a top-5 defense is NOT FUN when you're on the field all day and losing football games. At the end of the day, the general consensus among kids is "Miami's trash!" I hear it all the time and I've never once heard a kid chime in and say "Yeah but their defense is good!"
Kids don't look-up defensive rankings man! LOL
Love those fickle kids don't you nacho? You probably laugh along with them when they put down the U.

Jesus Christ, this board never ceases to amaze me when it comes to their naivety regarding kids.

You guys really think kids are okay with going 7-5 as long as they play on a good defense?

Maybe schools like UCF tell defensive recruits that their struggling defense is the exact reason that they're so important to the class. A lot of kids want to play early. If a team's defense sucks, he thinks he can play early and help turn it around.

Kids want to win and have fun. (which is what they're doing in Orlando right now)

I had a kid who was legitimately interested in Oregon over Clemson, VT and a dozen other schools. When I said to the kid..."Why? They don't play any defense at that school." His response was "I can play early and dominate in that conference."

I had a kid choose Syracuse over Texas A&M (who was top-10 at the time) and Oklahoma.
I had another kid choose a Mike Riley led Oregon State (and then Nebraska) over a Gary Patterson coached TCU...simply because he liked coach Riley's personality better.
Gemon Eaford is a 4-star defensive kid who's (hard) committed to Oregon and he has offers from literally everybody in the country.
I got a kid right now who's stuck between UCF and Pitt. And he respects the fact that Pitt plays in the ACC but at the end of the day he wants to be a part of a winning program.

Also, some staffs flat-out recruit better than other staffs. They have cooler, more personable coaches who relate to the kids and make them feel wanted/comfortable. You guys talk as if all recruiting staffs are equal and on-field performance is the only thing that matters. Some of these coaches I meet are legit salesmen.

Some of you have to come down to earth and realize that Miami does not currently hold the status that it used to. Busting your *** and being part of a top-5 defense is NOT FUN when you're on the field all day and losing football games. At the end of the day, the general consensus among kids is "Miami's trash!" I hear it all the time and I've never once heard a kid chime in and say "Yeah but their defense is good!"
Thank You
People need to see that Miami isn’t a hot team at all and that this season took away all momentum that we have. It really is bad times ahead for us.

I know UCF has got Amari locked in and may have been his 1st offer. Who knows...kid is my guy....but we are decommit U so it wouldnt shock me.

I think other than Hartley and Dugans...these guys wasnt ready for S.Fla recruiting.

Advertisement
I can understand a kid wanting to play on the UCF offense, but wtf is going on when a Dade County kid wants to leave the top passing defense in the nation to live in Orlando, the Florida city without a beach. Embarrassing smh.

I know UCF has got Amari locked in and may have been his 1st offer. Who knows...kid is my guy....but we are decommit U so it wouldnt shock me.

I think other than Hartley and Dugans...these guys wasnt ready for S.Fla recruiting.

Ehhh...is anyone ready for this flaky ****? I mean decommitting don't make you some type of dawg.

Advertisement

This shouldn’t be happening in year 3...

Advertisement
Like man, seriously. UCF has a great 2-year run going. Who the fck cares? They're playing in the Big 12 lite. How could any self respected corner play in that conference when you have legit P5 offers. As much of a dumpster fire FSU was (bigger than ours), I'd understand if he went there. But UCF?!?!?!?! Nah.
Alot of fans dont understand this sport man.....lol at thinking ucf would go undefeated in the acc lol.....u cant help those people man. Its like saying MR will win a title here

Advertisement

The same shît has been going on for years. Its deeper than just coaches at this point. Recruits take miami as a joke.

You realize you contradicted your first point with everything else you wrote, right? You really are good for the constant humor though.

Advertisement
Back