Jarrid Williams will Transfer to Miami

We have spent much of the last 15 years winning 6-8 games every year. Every off season we do this **** and it's the definition of insanity. We hype our team up despite just winning 6 games and look at our schedule and discredit all these ACC teams and say well we should win 10-11 Games at minimum with this cupcake schedule! You know what happens? We get into close dog fights with these teams and lose to them all the time. The season ends and we are 7-5 or something similar. It's been like that for the last 14 years. Stop underestimating these ACC teams! We have done absolutely nothing in the last 14 years to be able to overlook any team that's not FCS.
Whelp it’s not for a lack of talent the past 15 years as we’ve consistently put talent in the league

comes down to coaching and executing... 2017 was a prime example of how easily we can cruise he coastal and be a top 10 team if we just play to our talent. Past two years have been the most embarrassing offenses and STs I’ve seen since I’ve followed Miami the past 20years(and to have them in back to back years is a kick to the nuts)

hate to beat a dead horse but..... IF!!!! Last years offense could score a TD and maybe convert a FG with better than 50% probability we probably mess around with a 9/10 win season.

Miami should never be in the 100s nationally with the talent they have on offense... which makes it a fireable offense

Advertisement
You dwell on the last 14 years, I’ll focus on today. There is not a single team on our schedule who has more talent than us. There isn’t a single team on our schedule who belongs in the Top 25. This schedule is a joke.
I’m thinking Vag Tech and/or UNC, if you listen to the media hype, are going to be ranked at some point in 2020. Yes, we have what now appears to be a solid team; offensively, on the defensive side, and finally ST’s. But we’ve got to get over the hump and beat all these teams like we did for the most part in 2017. We should now finally have an offense as capable as our defense who no longer will have to pitch shutouts to lead us to victory. We come out the gate and stomp Temple? We have a great season ahead. We should be 6-0 heading into the home contest against the Tar Heels. That should be a ranked night game which I’m hoping has all the makings of ND circa 2017. But I think it’s unwise to dismiss the 2 teams we’re looking up at to begin the season.

Agreed. Blueshirts are most frequently used on undergrads, not grad transfers.

I'm happy that it happened, but I agree with you.
Well, if you look at the timing you could just as easily say Isaiah Walker is the blue shirt. There was one spot left and Miami took two transfer offensive linemen...one with potentially full eligibility, one with just a year. If the two’s transfers were flip flopped I doubt anyone would care about expending a 2021 scholarship on a 4 star player who potentially has not lost eligibility.

FSU has a senior QB and a 1st round WR and DT. They have a solid running game and tons of good WRs. Defense should be improved as well with all those blue chip DBs and LBs they recruited... Michigan State is not only a 4-5 win team... When your judging an opponent you need to think about how we will matchup with them. Michigan State has a big mauler Offensive Line and a very good running game. What do we struggle with? Physical running teams. Michigan State is a horrible matchup for us and it's on the road where we struggle. North Carolina is going to be a dog fight... If we can't get pressure on Sam Howell he's going to torch our DBs.. I don't like our odds winning a shootout against a Phil Longo Offense when he has a Top 5 QB
FSU is going to be terrible. Bad QB and their best RB left for the NFL. They are also average on D.

NC lost their starting LT who was their best OL. Howell is going to be running for his life.

Advertisement
Almost perfect. Even better, a thrashing like in 2001 against Washington. One that leaves the announcers saying, “what did we just witness?”
What a day....
I still have the $5 posters they use to sell after the game with the score on it.
I'll agree that is the perfect scenario .

Well, if you look at the timing you could just as easily say Isaiah Walker is the blue shirt. There was one spot left and Miami took two transfer offensive linemen...one with potentially full eligibility, one with just a year. If the two’s transfers were flip flopped I doubt anyone would care about expending a 2021 scholarship on a 4 star player who potentially has not lost eligibility.
@TheOriginalCane knows the rules better than I do but I believe we could not blue shirt Walker since we had previously recruited him before he signed with Florida. From what I know, blueshirt can only apply to a player who hasn't taken an official visit or been contacted officially by the coaches.

@TheOriginalCane knows the rules better than I do but I believe we could not blue shirt Walker since we had previously recruited him before he signed with Florida. From what I know, blueshirt can only apply to a player who hasn't taken an official visit or been contacted officially by the coaches.
Ah...you’re right. Question - as a blue shirt is it definite that he counts against 2021?

No you can't. A blueshirt CANNOT BE RECRUITED. We recruited Issiah Walker. We recruited Moise. Neither one of them can be counted as a blueshirt.

Please stop just making ****e up.

Advertisement

This is correct.

We can sit here and say we took 25 or 26 or 27 guys, and therefore, who cares who is the blueshirt. But that's not the point.

Someone made a simple comment that it is "fvcked up" that a guy who will only be here for 1 year (and probably only 1 semester) counts against 2021-2022. I agreed with the sentiment, even though I am in favor of taking Williams.

Win now.

Then, try to get as many guys on track to graduate early as possible, so that we can take advantage of the mid-year graduation replacement exception.

We also took a PWO from IMG Academy, obviously in the hopes that he develops into something solid and never counts against our IC numbers.

I may have some reservations about Manny, but the guy is doing everything he can to correct for past attrition.

214A70B1-4083-448E-89B5-9C434228F976.gif

Advertisement
With all the additions to the roster and staff, if we don’t win the coastal, we know the common denominator for this year and last is manny and his merry men

so ceiling is acccg and New Years bowl
Floor is a new coach

not bad but knowing our luck it happens the year of covid

Advertisement
No you can't. A blueshirt CANNOT BE RECRUITED. We recruited Issiah Walker. We recruited Moise. Neither one of them can be counted as a blueshirt.
My bad....just did not think on it long enough. Got mixed up on what a blueshirt was versus grey vs everything else. Looked it up afterwards.

There's must be some serious differences in grading and analysis between Lance and PFF. In his write-ups Donaldson's a mess, and has been since he started writing them up.

What funny is I can recreate PFF’s grades almost to the number.

Sometimes I practice by taking a game from Dolphins draft picks or free agent signings and see what I get. Then I look up their grade for the game.

My point in doing so is two fold: I want to see if I feel PFF is worth putting stock in (they’re getting better as they hire better people) and to get another set on if I’m being biased.

I took an Austin Jackson game and gave him a 70.3 while PFF gave him a 69.8. Then I took Erick Flowers and gave him a 70.7 while PFF gave him a 70.3.

I do think they grade on outcome a little more than I do. I’ll screenshot your butt doing a pirouette and call it out, where if the player doesn’t take advantage, PFF doesn’t see it as negatively as I do.

PFF tends to overrate QB’s who make plays in muddy pockets in college. Players like Burrow and Baker Mayfield get pushed up their boards, when that stuff doesn’t translate as well to the pros. The consistent, make the throw on time, where it should be stuff translates and is why I had Tua ahead of Burrow.

This doesn’t mean I’m right, they’re wrong. It just means this is my process and I continue to try to evolve. I had a former coach reach out and tell me I was seeing something wrong in my evaluation (Tommy Kennedy, actually). Talked to me about the fact that if an OT is giving up his chest and being dog walked into his QB’s lap at that level, he wouldn’t see the field at P5. He was right and I was very wrong. Learned from that and now I try to heavily weight the competition in my evaluations. That’s why I’ve started including who the reps are against when it’s relevant so I give context to the talent being faced.

In Dec. there's going to be a lot of worthless, self-hating, dyck sucking, P.O.S fans who try to suck the c*m out of Manny's dyck after MIA gives Clemson EVERYTHING they can handle. And you better believe I'm going to bump every last one of these threads.
You got a grad transfer RT and you feel like this? Lol come on man.

Advertisement
Back