Jarrid Williams will Transfer to Miami

Advertisement
8-4

Me either, I've been burnt way to many times crowning us in the off-season. I'm not doing that again until we have two straight years of 9 wins or better
It takes repetition to create a habit. The one decent Pricht year didn't create that. I can't buy into the prince from pauper overnight expectations. It's probably going to be a process...

I agree. Cannot underestimate any of the teams (see FIU). That said, the history of the ACC Coastal over the last ten years is a history that has one team drastically overperforming for one year and essentially coming out of nowhere to win it, and then usually fail to come close to that performance the following season.

Coastal Winners
2010: Virginia Tech (8-0) Miami goes 5-3
2011: Virginia Tech (7-1) Miami goes 3-5
2012: North Carolina (5-3) Miami goes 5-3 and would technically win the division but forfeits due to NCAA investigation
2013: Duke (6-2) Miami goes 5-3
2014: Georgia Tech (6-2) Miami goes 3-5
2015: North Carolina (8-0) Miami goes 5-3
2016: Virginia Tech (6-2) Miami goes 5-3
2017: Miami (7-1)
2018: Pitt (6-2) Miami goes 4-4
2019: Virginia (5-3) Miami goes 4-4

Meanwhile on the other side, it's just Florida State and Clemson, with the Tigers winning the Atlantic division the last five years.

I can see us losing 3 ACC games, very easily. With injuries and the Covid 19, who knows what can happen.

I agree. Cannot underestimate any of the teams (see FIU). That said, the history of the ACC Coastal over the last ten years is a history that has one team drastically overperforming for one year and essentially coming out of nowhere to win it, and then usually fail to come close to that performance the following season.

Coastal Winners
2010: Virginia Tech (8-0) Miami goes 5-3
2011: Virginia Tech (7-1) Miami goes 3-5
2012: North Carolina (5-3) Miami goes 5-3 and would technically win the division but forfeits due to NCAA investigation
2013: Duke (6-2) Miami goes 5-3
2014: Georgia Tech (6-2) Miami goes 3-5
2015: North Carolina (8-0) Miami goes 5-3
2016: Virginia Tech (6-2) Miami goes 5-3
2017: Miami (7-1)
2018: Pitt (6-2) Miami goes 4-4
2019: Virginia (5-3) Miami goes 4-4

Meanwhile on the other side, it's just Florida State and Clemson, with the Tigers winning the Atlantic division the last five years.
Yeah after the last 14 years I'm done crowing us off-season champs. We literally have one costal championship in this time period. I thought we were at minimum going 10-2 last season and 11-1 the year before and we went 6-7 and 7-6.

Advertisement
It takes repetition to create a habit. The one decent Pricht year didn't create that. I can't buy into the prince from pauper overnight expectations. It's probably going to be a process...
I would be more then thrilled with a 9 win season and costal champs followed by a hard fought loss to Clemson. It would go a long ways in Recruiting

So even though he will end up not being here for the 2021 season, he takes away a spot. Seems kinda ****ed up...

Agreed. Blueshirts are most frequently used on undergrads, not grad transfers.

I'm happy that it happened, but I agree with you.

Will it be the final chip stacked for a trip to Charlotte or the final nail in Manny’s coffin if he fails?

What a season we have ahead of us.
If Manny can’t get 9-10 wins out of this perfect storm, then he’s not the solution as HC material. I think him taking the grind it approach versus last season’s TNM is appropriate given the debacle last year. Somehow, someway, Manny gets us back to Charlotte

I would be more then thrilled with a 9 win season and costal champs followed by a hard fought loss to Clemson. It would go a long ways in Recruiting
I hate the losing to clemson part. But realistic I guess. That's when I throw logic out the window and pray for lighting in the bottle...

Advertisement
Yeah after the last 14 years I'm done crowing us off-season champs. We literally have one costal championship in this time period. I thought we were at minimum going 10-2 last season and 11-1 the year before and we went 6-7 and 7-6.
Last year was an anomaly of the likes I really haven't seen before. Special Teams cost us 2 games at minimum. And one unit - offensive line - hit an absolute nadir and affected the entire offense. I've never seen one unit like this be so poor versus the rest of the overall team.

Z
So, updated terms to the Miami-Houston "trade," as we now know the "player to be named later":

Canes get: QB D’Eriq King OL Jarrid Williams

Houston gets: K Bubba Baxa

David Furones
and a compensatory 5th round bag drop as ruled by the ACC. AAC Commissioner is livid, calls the trade anal carnage to the brilliance of AAC football!!!

Whose slot does he take?

Does he hinder development behind him OR give that athlete more time to grow into 2021?
I’m going with the latter. Having Williams in front of the OT’s plus the better coaching style of Garin will only serve to help them out for 2021, when Bama comes calling.

Advertisement
LT Williams
LG Donaldson
C Gaynor
RG Scaife
RT Campbell

Or

LT Williams
LG Donaldson
C Gaynor
RG Clark
RT Scaife

finally multiple options and most of them involving multi-year starters. The key is finding the right group that can gel as a cohesive unit. We get to that, with King in tow? Oh Lordy!!!

We just aren't on Clemson level yet. We in year 2 of a rebuild and have question marks at CB,LB,OL and WR. Clemson is loaded with 5 star elite talent everywhere.
I hear you but im not much for objectivity. I can't stand those guys...

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back