Jarrid Williams will Transfer to Miami

When UNC cones to town, we'll have six straight games under our belt and a bye week to prepare. If we are half as good as we think, that should be an advantage as they have VT at home and Duke on the road the prior two weeks to facing us. They don't have their first bye week until after they play us.

I'm not saying anything is a given, I'm saying all the factors outside our control are in our favor.

UNC beat Diaz with big plays in 2016 and 2019 when they had functioning QBs. Of course, we got nothing from our offense in either of those contests (as well as 2017 for that matter). It's a game which should have our attention but the scheduling does help.

Advertisement
FSU has a senior QB and a 1st round WR and DT. They have a solid running game and tons of good WRs. Defense should be improved as well with all those blue chip DBs and LBs they recruited... Michigan State is not only a 4-5 win team... When your judging an opponent you need to think about how we will matchup with them. Michigan State has a big mauler Offensive Line and a very good running game. What do we struggle with? Physical running teams. Michigan State is a horrible matchup for us and it's on the road where we struggle. North Carolina is going to be a dog fight... If we can't get pressure on Sam Howell he's going to torch our DBs.. I don't like our odds winning a shootout against a Phil Longo Offense when he has a Top 5 QB
You can’t be serious lol

UNC is the only game I have as a toss up because they got that kid Howell who we allowed to get his confidence going last year with that win.

FSpooo needs to structure a line with the exact same pieces as last year... a Dline that I can’t name anyone off that made a difference and a secondary chopped full of Ex cane misses who have proceeded to be busts

oh and Michigan state is gonna be awful

These are the same teams we lose to every year... It's really the same **** every summer. We see all these ACC teams and think we are this vastly superior team and then the season comes around and we are in a dog fight fight with every one of them. ACC has some solid teams this year who can put Points on the board. North Carolina is the favorite to win the costal. Sam Howell is the real deal and we need to stop sleeping on him like they are a easy win.

Weak minded and inaccurate.

I'm expecting 11 wins we have the team to do it. LB's/CB's are a concern, but a great offense can mask because teams will play behind and our DL can literally pin their ears back and stat collect.

Advertisement
You can’t be serious lol

UNC is the only game I have as a toss up because they got that kid Howell who we allowed to get his confidence going last year with that win.

FSpooo needs to structure a line with the exact same pieces as last year... a Dline that I can’t name anyone off that made a difference and a secondary chopped full of Ex cane misses who have proceeded to be busts

oh and Michigan state is gonna be awful
We have spent much of the last 15 years winning 6-8 games every year. Every off season we do this **** and it's the definition of insanity. We hype our team up despite just winning 6 games and look at our schedule and discredit all these ACC teams and say well we should win 10-11 Games at minimum with this cupcake schedule! You know what happens? We get into close dog fights with these teams and lose to them all the time. The season ends and we are 7-5 or something similar. It's been like that for the last 14 years. Stop underestimating these ACC teams! We have done absolutely nothing in the last 14 years to be able to overlook any team that's not FCS.

I got the last 14 years of Miami football that says otherwise

You dwell on the last 14 years, I’ll focus on today. There is not a single team on our schedule who has more talent than us. There isn’t a single team on our schedule who belongs in the Top 25. This schedule is a joke.

You dwell on the last 14 years, I’ll focus on today. There is not a single team on our schedule who has more talent than us. There isn’t a single team on our schedule who belongs in the Top 25. This schedule is a joke.
I'm sure you said that the last two years as well... Just wait for the season to play out before we start writing these teams off. Off-season Paper champions flop all the time

Advertisement
FSU has a senior QB and a 1st round WR and DT. They have a solid running game and tons of good WRs. Defense should be improved as well with all those blue chip DBs and LBs they recruited... Michigan State is not only a 4-5 win team... When your judging an opponent you need to think about how we will matchup with them. Michigan State has a big mauler Offensive Line and a very good running game. What do we struggle with? Physical running teams. Michigan State is a horrible matchup for us and it's on the road where we struggle. North Carolina is going to be a dog fight... If we can't get pressure on Sam Howell he's going to torch our DBs.. I don't like our odds winning a shootout against a Phil Longo Offense when he has a Top 5 QB

You serious with this nonsense? Is this going to be the new narrative for the admin/coach loving apologist crowd?

Listen, there are NO excuses this year. The schedule could not be any more favorable. 9 wins MINIMUM or fire everyone including the janitors.

When UNC cones to town, we'll have six straight games under our belt and a bye week to prepare. If we are half as good as we think, that should be an advantage as they have VT at home and Duke on the road the prior two weeks to facing us. They don't have their first bye week until after they play us.

I'm not saying anything is a given, I'm saying all the factors outside our control are in our favor.
So it is written; so shall it be done. We need to trounce thise clowns and put Mack in a nursing home...

Advertisement
UNC beat Diaz with big plays in 2016 and 2019 when they had functioning QBs. Of course, we got nothing from our offense in either of those contests (as well as 2017 for that matter). It's a game which should have our attention but the scheduling does help.
Unfortunately since Butch mopped radio and the throwing down the U bull****. I always want to mop those clowns...

Then you obviously haven't been around these boards much. Excuses galore from the Don Bailey Jr ****** disciple crowd and every year the narrative changes to fit the circumstances

9 or gtfo

You’re wasting your breathe. This guy should get a job at the Hect Center because his expectations are so low.

I'm sure you said that the last two years as well... Just wait for the season to play out before we start writing these teams off. Off-season Paper champions flop all the time
I can't walk around like we're going to kill people anymore. ***** killed all hope. We need to tighten up and start collecting Ws...

Advertisement
Then you obviously haven't been around these boards much. Excuses galore from the Don Bailey Jr ****** disciple crowd and every year the narrative changes to fit the circumstances

9 or gtfo
I've been expecting 9 wins. Now with the offseason stuff I've been letting optimism creep in....

UNC’s schedule is not a cakewalk. They very well may have 2-3 losses heading into us.

9 or gtfo
8-4
I can't walk around like we're going to kill people anymore. ***** killed all hope. We need to tighten up and start collecting Ws...
Me either, I've been burnt way to many times crowning us in the off-season. I'm not doing that again until we have two straight years of 9 wins or better

We have spent much of the last 15 years winning 6-8 games every year. Every off season we do this **** and it's the definition of insanity. We hype our team up despite just winning 6 games and look at our schedule and discredit all these ACC teams and say well we should win 10-11 Games at minimum with this cupcake schedule! You know what happens? We get into close dog fights with these teams and lose to them all the time. The season ends and we are 7-5 or something similar. It's been like that for the last 14 years. Stop underestimating these ACC teams! We have done absolutely nothing in the last 14 years to be able to overlook any team that's not FCS.
I agree. Cannot underestimate any of the teams (see FIU). That said, the history of the ACC Coastal over the last ten years is a history that has one team drastically overperforming for one year and essentially coming out of nowhere to win it, and then usually fail to come close to that performance the following season.

Coastal Winners
2010: Virginia Tech (8-0) Miami goes 5-3
2011: Virginia Tech (7-1) Miami goes 3-5
2012: North Carolina (5-3) Miami goes 5-3 and would technically win the division but forfeits due to NCAA investigation
2013: Duke (6-2) Miami goes 5-3
2014: Georgia Tech (6-2) Miami goes 3-5
2015: North Carolina (8-0) Miami goes 5-3
2016: Virginia Tech (6-2) Miami goes 5-3
2017: Miami (7-1)
2018: Pitt (6-2) Miami goes 4-4
2019: Virginia (5-3) Miami goes 4-4

Meanwhile on the other side, it's just Florida State and Clemson, with the Tigers winning the Atlantic division the last five years.

Advertisement
Back