Jarrid Williams part Tres

Memnon

Dejazmach
Premium
image.jpeg

6'7 305+lbs, from Cedar Hill (was on that talented squad that won a state title), played with D'Eriq King for 4 years at Houston & in 2018 was the opposite OT of Josh Jones who was just drafted in the 3rd round by the Cardinals, on an offense that was 5th in the nation is scoring, 7th in yards per game, 24th in rushing yards per game & was 51st in sacks allowed (which is good), al while running over 1,040 plays on the season in that high octane offense under Briles.

Having watched a shìt ton of that 2018 season from studying up on King I went back watched games just focusing on Williams & the OL.

- He has long arms, quick feet, good kick step, can anchor very well in pass protect, gets to the second level of the defense with quickness, plays his assignments well & understands how to shuffle & readjust his feet vs speed rushers. Has good initial punch & uses his great arm length, when he decided to lock on his man's shoulder pads he could vice grip & drive the defender.

Where he needs more coaching up is in the run game, he's good but not great there, at times lunges forward & over extends, allows DL's to get into his chest at times & needs to show more consistency in leverage battles, sometimes gets too high in the run protection.

Overall, is a very good pass protector, definitely has NFL capabilities (Mid-late rounder as of now, stock can rise/fall depending on season performance), has very good experience in an uptempo offense like we'll be running with Lashlee & is a savvy vet who can come right in & be a leader in the OL room, something that's desperately needed. Especially with his continuity & familiarity with King, will be smart all business kid that can show the rest of the group maturity & how to prepare.

Would be an immediate starter at LT or RT, his choice. Not anywhere close to the George Brown or Tommy Kennedy transfers, much more skilled & more experienced. Plus playing under Coach Justice who's a West Va Trickett disciple will get the absolute most out of him & have him playing his best ball as a 5th year Senior.

BRING HIM IN PLEASE 🙏🏾

Now that was my comment from the last Jarrid Williams thread that ultimately got locked, so I'm reposting it.

The reason I'm starting a new Jarrid thread is because FSU insider Josh Newberg just put in a CB for Jarrid to Miami & is saying he may announce soon.

image.jpeg

Idk how credible Newberg is but it's at least this is some good news in conjunction with Hedgemaster Ivins who in his last update said Miami's staff is till optimistic that we get him.

@IndayArtHauz Trust me I already know how you'll feel about me starting a new Jarrid thread, but I would like to please ask you to keep this thread open in the event that Jarrid commits to us some time soon. I understand why you or the rest of mods might not want to because of how the other two wound up, but I'm asking anyway. Unless you guys are under instruction to lock all Jarrid threads because the staff doesn't want the info out there yet then I understand.

Fellas, PLEASE I'm asking you as respectfully as I can, do not derail this thread, if you wanna talk about weed, Covid, protest or anything else just find a different thread. If there's no news or nothing for you to contribute just leave the thread, don't litter it up with bs please. I'm asking yall to do me this favor, please & thank you 🙏🏾

Last edited:
Advertisement
Excuse me this is part quatro. Trace is el aboveo.

(This should probably be the official one to be fair)

Advertisement
Advertisement
image.jpeg

6'7 305+lbs, from Cedar Hill (was on that talented squad that won a state title), played with D'Eriq King for 4 years at Houston & in 2018 was the opposite OT of Josh Jones who was just drafted in the 3rd round by the Cardinals, on an offense that was 5th in the nation is scoring, 7th in yards per game, 24th in rushing yards per game & was 51st in sacks allowed (which is good), al while running over 1,040 plays on the season in that high octane offense under Briles.

Having watched a shìt ton of that 2018 season from studying up on King I went back watched games just focusing on Williams & the OL.

- He has long arms, quick feet, good kick step, can anchor very well in pass protect, gets to the second level of the defense with quickness, plays his assignments well & understands how to shuffle & readjust his feet vs speed rushers. Has good initial punch & uses his great arm length, when he decided to lock on his man's shoulder pads he could vice grip & drive the defender.

Where he needs more coaching up is in the run game, he's good but not great there, at times lunges forward & over extends, allows DL's to get into his chest at times & needs to show more consistency in leverage battles, sometimes gets too high in the run protection.

Overall, is a very good pass protector, definitely has NFL capabilities (Mid-late rounder as of now, stock can rise/fall depending on season performance), has very good experience in an uptempo offense like we'll be running with Lashlee & is a savvy vet who can come right in & be a leader in the OL room, something that's desperately needed. Especially with his continuity & familiarity with King, will be smart all business kid that can show the rest of the group maturity & how to prepare.

Would be an immediate starter at LT or RT, his choice. Not anywhere close to the George Brown or Tommy Kennedy transfers, much more skilled & more experienced. Plus playing under Coach Justice who's a West Va Trickett disciple will get the absolute most out of him & have him playing his best ball as a 5th year Senior.

BRING HIM IN PLEASE 🙏🏾

Now that was my comment from the last Jarrid Williams thread that ultimately got locked, so I'm reposting it.

The reason I'm starting a new Jarrod thread is because FSU insider Josh Newberg just put in a CB for Jarrid to Miami & is saying he may announce soon.

View attachment 118289

Idk how credible Newberg is but it's at least this is some good news in conjunction with Hedgemaster Ivins who in his last update said Miami's staff is till optimistic that we get him.

@IndayArtHauz Trust me I already know how you'll feel about me starting a new Jarrid thread, but I would like to please ask you to keep this thread open in the event that Jarrid commits to us some time soon. I understand why you or the rest of mods might not want to because of how the other two wound up, but I'm asking anyway. Unless you guys are under instruction to lock all Jarrid threads because the staff doesn't want the info out there yet then I understand.

Fellas, PLEASE I'm asking you as respectfully as I can, do not derail this thread, if you wanna talk about weed, Covid, protest or anything else just find a different thread. If there's no news or nothing for you to contribute just leave the thread, don't litter it up with bs please. I'm asking yall to do me this favor, please & thank you 🙏🏾

Newturd doesn’t know jack except he’s not going to FSU....duh. Miami has always been the favorite , the leader or whatever else you want to call it. If he wanted Baylor he’d already chosen them , he waited for Miami and is waiting again for them to get him in.

Everyone is optimistic because he wants Miami and it’s not exactly a secret, it’s a matter of getting him in.

Like I said he’d be at Baylor if that’s what he wanted, grad transfers don’t wait over a month to “ make a decision”. If he goes to Baylor it’s because they couldn’t make it work. I’ve actually been saying this for awhile now. No need to make fake updates.

The other Jarrid thread that was started today was originally titled Jarren, for the record.

Just so yall know I didn't start a new Jarrid thread on purpose after the other one, the other one was a Jarren thread.
Actual timeline was Jarrid. Jarren. Back to Jarrid. Your point remains. @ilovelamp51 shouldn’t be starting threads.

Advertisement
Newturd doesn’t know jack except he’s not going to FSU....duh. Miami has always been the favorite , the leader or whatever else you want to call it. If he wanted Baylor he’d already chosen them , he waited for Miami and is waiting again for them to get him in.

Everyone is optimistic because he wants Miami and it’s not exactly a secret, it’s a matter of getting him in.

Like I said he’d be at Baylor if that’s what he wanted, grad transfers don’t wait over a month to “ make a decision”. If he goes to Baylor it’s because they couldn’t make it work. I’ve actually been saying this for awhile now. No need to make fake updates.
I agree with this.

If Baylor was the pick he'd have no reason to wait this long, so all signs point to Miami.

I know Newberg knows just as much as any of us does, but the fact he would log in a CB for Miami is something to me. He either heard pretty strongly from FSU that Jarrid was coming to Miami or he's trolling TF outta us lol.

The Grad school admissions thing might be a hold up but hopefully we can get that squared away.

Advertisement
This would just be massive for this years team. A true tackle who allows us to keep Scaife in at guard and removes the possibility of Herbert/Hillary having to play. Williams, Campbell, Zion can play the tackles.

This is really a pretty strong 2 deep with a lot of young talent. And, everyone is really playing their proper position.

LT - Williams/Walker
LG - Traore/Rivers
C - Gaynor/Clark
RG - Scaife/Reed
RT - Campbell/Nelson

Someone said it best..If he was going to Baylor he would have pulled the trigger. It’s UM but must be something paperwork wise holding it up. No rush with this. As long as he has O&G on by Fall practice I’m good.

I’ve been posting that the choice is / was Miami . He just won’t announce until he knows he can get in. No need to publicly choose Miami just to not get in, then having another announcement for Baylor. Just wait it out.

There’s no other explanation for taking over a month to decide and it being in June.

Advertisement
Back