Jarrid Williams, OT, Houston - in the portal (Radio Version)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Good Lord, this is just more meaningless I don’t know bullshlt.

That statement could’ve been written by anybody, some guy 10,000 miles away living in a cave. What ridiculous bullshlt.

He literally just basically said nothing.
It’s almost like he has to say it though. I bet he gets all sorts of dm’s on twitter and private messages through 247 site asking him. People don’t know how to just wait for the info anymore. Guess it’s the job though.

It’s almost like he has to say it though. I bet he gets all sorts of dm’s on twitter and private messages through 247 site asking him. People don’t know how to just wait for the info anymore. Guess it’s the job though.

I mean I get what you’re saying. These guys have to keep the subscription levels up. I understand that.

But for people to read anything into that, is meaningless. I doubt Ivins has the last fūcking clue what the kid is thinking or where they’re at in the process.

I’ve seen too many of these statements, literally hundreds and hundreds of them, and virtually 100% of the time, what they actually mean is “I don’t know“

Advertisement
I mean I get what you’re saying. These guys have to keep the subscription levels up. I understand that.

But for people to read anything into that, is meaningless. I doubt Ivins has the last fūcking clue what the kid is thinking or where they’re at in the process.

I’ve seen too many of these statements, literally hundreds and hundreds of them, and virtually 100% of the time, what they actually mean is “I don’t know“

I agree 100%. I'm just looking at it from Ivins perspective, getting hounded by management to put something out there, and subcribers who want info even though there is nothing new.

Advertisement
I hear you. I respect your info and insights. I think it's very likely he wants to come to UM.

More than anything, I'm just commenting on Ivins' description of "moving parts", which sounds more substantial than "hoops to jump through".

And, as always, there is the general concept of "it's not over until the ink is dry."

So while the coaches might think there are just a few insubstantial hoops to jump through, it sounds like there might be a bit more involved than some would like to believe, including applying to grad school, applying to the NCAA for immediate eligibility (i.e., has to be a grad program unavailable at Houston), and figuring out how to pay/when to pay/when the UM scholarship will come through.

Again, I would argue that the wild card has been Covid-19 shutting down the campus until recently, and the uncertainty of whether/when fall camp will begin.

As I alluded to, if Baylor or F$U can put a binding LOI in his hands, and we are still trying to squeeze through the blueshirt loopholes for the first time ever...it could get complicated.

Ivins has been all over the place especially with the spots available. He said we could take three more after Walker , and that’s just crazy from what I was told. They acted like they were squeezing Williams In.

All I know is there’s always been confidence with the staff Williams was coming , for almost two weeks. So if something changed it literally just happened in the last couple days. Which would be strange with a grad transfer. Normally things don’t change like a typical high school recruit.

Still didn't answer my question. What makes you think it could be Baylor based off what Ivins said?

I think what he is saying (generally) is that when momentum has moved in one direction, and then the momentum stops or moves in a new direction, that may give rise to the "Baylor" conclusion.

I'm not saying it's right or wrong, but merely indicating why people could view these new reports of "moving parts" as problematic for Miami's chances.

Ivins has been all over the place especially with the spots available. He said we could take three more after Walker , and that’s just crazy from what I was told. They acted like they were squeezing Williams In.

All I know is there’s always been confidence with the staff Williams was coming , for almost two weeks. So if something changed it literally just happened in the last couple days. Which would be strange with a grad transfer. Normally things don’t change like a typical high school recruit.

I think we are 3 under 85. There is no way in **** that we have 3 remaining ICs for 2020-2021.

Again, I think that you are on top of things, but I also think Manny is fudging the truth. Do we have "room" to take 3 more? Under one set of rules, sure. But the steps we would have to take? Those are significant, which is why it is so rare to blueshirt, even rarer to blueshirt a grad transfer, and nearly impossible to BS a GT when he is pursued by multiple schools, some of which don't have to offer a blueshirt.

Advertisement
I think we are 3 under 85. There is no way in **** that we have 3 remaining ICs for 2020-2021.

Again, I think that you are on top of things, but I also think Manny is fudging the truth. Do we have "room" to take 3 more? Under one set of rules, sure. But the steps we would have to take? Those are significant, which is why it is so rare to blueshirt, even rarer to blueshirt a grad transfer, and nearly impossible to BS a GT when he is pursued by multiple schools, some of which don't have to offer a blueshirt.

I’ve been beating the drum right beside you about not having spots for three more bodies. Like I said “ I was told they felt they could squeeze Williams In”. Meaning we’re are full.

When I heard him say three I was like “ wtf”.

Last edited:

Don't worry we can just count them forward to 2028

Unless his parents got hesitant for him to go far away during a pandemic what else could have changed?

Advertisement
Sounds like Miami is the business decision Vs staying close to him. The longer this drags out the worse it is for us IMO

Sounds like Miami is the business decision Vs staying close to him. The longer this drags out the worse it is for us IMO
Well he said he was supposed to announce the 29th. If it goes past the 29th then I would be nervous.

Nice.... my good friend's birthday is the 29th. He's also a Baylor grad. We're ****ed.
Mine was the 22nd, I was hoping he announced for us then. Would have been a nice little present for my *****ass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back