Jarrid Williams, OT, Houston - in the portal (Radio Version)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Oil that is
Black gold
Texas tea
1590681853706.png

Advertisement
Seems very likely that the "moving parts" are (a) getting Williams accepted to grad school at UM, and (b) getting Williams enrolled on his dime for the fall semester, even though we technically do not know if/when we will be able to open fall practice, and thus award him a scholarship one day after fall practice begins.

He might...just might...decide to take the solid LOI offer from Baylor or F$U if he has monetary concerns, in the thought that if he "commits" to Miami (without being recruited per the blueshirt rules), he will lose the certainty of offers from other schools.

In simple terms, if Williams wants to come to UM, and we had a 2020-2021 IC slot remaining, then this should be a no-brainer. There would be no "moving parts".
"Moving parts" is fake insider for "I don't really know what the fck to say, but I have to say something to keep my cred with my unwashed, drooling subscribers."

Advertisement
Maybe ivins knows something I don’t , the person who told me is hit and miss so I kept it off the board. But I’m working on a few days ago like ivins mentioned .
I'd trust my left nut over Ivins. Just throwing that out there lol.

Maybe ivins knows something I don’t , the person who told me is hit and miss so I kept it off the board. But I’m working on a few days ago like ivins mentioned .
This is what Shodell posted on Monday when he talked to him, that he was planning to announce at the end of the week the 29th. Says the Canes are in a good spot.

Advertisement
I was told he was coming a few days ago “ just some hoops to jump through”. Not sure if there’s now a holdup.

I hear you. I respect your info and insights. I think it's very likely he wants to come to UM.

More than anything, I'm just commenting on Ivins' description of "moving parts", which sounds more substantial than "hoops to jump through".

And, as always, there is the general concept of "it's not over until the ink is dry."

So while the coaches might think there are just a few insubstantial hoops to jump through, it sounds like there might be a bit more involved than some would like to believe, including applying to grad school, applying to the NCAA for immediate eligibility (i.e., has to be a grad program unavailable at Houston), and figuring out how to pay/when to pay/when the UM scholarship will come through.

Again, I would argue that the wild card has been Covid-19 shutting down the campus until recently, and the uncertainty of whether/when fall camp will begin.

As I alluded to, if Baylor or F$U can put a binding LOI in his hands, and we are still trying to squeeze through the blueshirt loopholes for the first time ever...it could get complicated.

Advertisement
I hear you. I respect your info and insights. I think it's very likely he wants to come to UM.

More than anything, I'm just commenting on Ivins' description of "moving parts", which sounds more substantial than "hoops to jump through".

And, as always, there is the general concept of "it's not over until the ink is dry."

So while the coaches might think there are just a few insubstantial hoops to jump through, it sounds like there might be a bit more involved than some would like to believe, including applying to grad school, applying to the NCAA for immediate eligibility (i.e., has to be a grad program unavailable at Houston), and figuring out how to pay/when to pay/when the UM scholarship will come through.

Again, I would argue that the wild card has been Covid-19 shutting down the campus until recently, and the uncertainty of whether/when fall camp will begin.

As I alluded to, if Baylor or F$U can put a binding LOI in his hands, and we are still trying to squeeze through the blueshirt loopholes for the first time ever...it could get complicated.
Diaz said they had room to add transfers

Diaz said they had room to add transfers

Diaz can say whatever he wants. Do we have room under the 85 scholarship rule? Yes. Do we have any ICs left for 2020-2021? Apparently not, thus the blueshirt attempt.

Manny is definitely playing fast and loose with the truth. Until Walker and Williams and Tagalong became available, we held a 2020-2021 IC slot for Moise for 2 years too.

Diaz can say whatever he wants. Do we have room under the 85 scholarship rule? Yes. Do we have any ICs left for 2020-2021? Apparently not, thus the blueshirt attempt.

Manny is definitely playing fast and loose with the truth. Until Walker and Williams and Tagalong became available, we held a 2020-2021 IC slot for Moise for 2 years too.
What about a bluewaffle attempt?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back