Jarrid Williams, OT, Houston - in the portal (Radio Version)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Just cu
No way of knowing but expecting the worst because this might get too complicated, and the more time that passes the more Baylor can recruit him. It's also a hunch that Justice will eventually revert to last year's lineup.

LT Nelson - started all 13 games at LT
LG Campbell - started the bowl game at LG
C Gaynor - started all 13 games at C
RG Clark - started 12 games at RG
RT Scaife - started 12 games at RT
Why are you writing off Walker and Rivers? Nelson and Clark are only 2nd year players

D59C52B0-4F5A-4709-BED7-21AB179927D5.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
FINAL depth chart prediction for 9/5/20 vs Temple

LT Nelson, Herbert, Walker

LG Campbell, Rivers, Donaldson

C Gaynor, Traore, Griffith

RG Clark, Reed, Washington

RT Scaife, Hillery, Elgammal
Nelson starting at L tackle again equals 🤢🤮 and mannys last year in charge. So if we want to win this year And not waste a possible generational QB talent we better pray that’s not the starting oline and Williams is coming because Nelson is the hot garbage 2 star he was ranked at.

Just want to make a point (and politely disagree with Franchise on something), this is not "UM Admissions" in the traditional sense. Normally, for undergrads, they go through the "Admissions Office" as we tend to know it.

But "grad school" has separate admissions processes. The Med School has its own admissions office. Same with the law school. The MBA program handles its own admissions. And at the other extreme, there are some grad programs that are so small, that they don't have a full-time admissions office, it's just professors and administrators who handle the decision-making.

I have no inside information as to what grad program Williams may be applying. Therefore, it is hard to say what the processes, academic standards, and decision-making timeframe may be.

Ordinarily, Franchise is correct on this, if the football program has a signed LOI from a grad-transfer, we "make room" in a graduate program somewhere. But if you are also trying to comply with blueshirt rules by "not recruiting" a kid, and he has to apply, get in, and pay (initially) on his own, it can definitely be a bit more challenging to be admitted.

Miami has never enrolled a blueshirt, let alone a grad blueshirt. We don't have a lot of experience, and Covid-19 isn't really helping in relation to the calendar/decision-timeline either.

I am going to shed a little more info on this since I am currently in the process with my son. I spoke to the graduate admissions office last Wednesday and again on Friday. They are in the process of putting both academic programs and financial aid packages together for Summer (should the student be involved in a program that has Summer courses - some of which are one week intensive remote courses that will begin at the early part of August) and Fall. We have not received any info for the fall semester as of today. Apparently we can expect that in the next two weeks. His program does have one course that he will need to take the first week of august and is considered "summer". No payment is due until the end of July/early august for fall.

so there are a lot of moving parts to the academic stuff....

I'd be stunned if that is the starting lineup. Yes they are older and hopefully better, but they were also a disaster last year.

Advertisement
I am going to shed a little more info on this since I am currently in the process with my son. I spoke to the graduate admissions office last Wednesday and again on Friday. They are in the process of putting both academic programs and financial aid packages together for Summer (should the student be involved in a program that has Summer courses - some of which are one week intensive remote courses that will begin at the early part of August) and Fall. We have not received any info for the fall semester as of today. Apparently we can expect that in the next two weeks. His program does have one course that he will need to take the first week of august and is considered "summer". No payment is due until the end of July/early august for fall.

so there are a lot of moving parts to the academic stuff....

Yeah, there is kind-of a 2-tiered process when it comes to Grad Admissions.

There is a general "grad admissions" office, which collects applications for a lot of programs that do not have their own independent resources. This is (generally) the part of grad school that requires a GRE test score.

Thus, Med School (MCAT), Law School (LSAT) and most of the Business programs (MBA, MPA, PhD in business disciplines, all of which require the GMAT) are largely handled by their respective schools.

That leaves "the rest" of the graduate programs. So the "grad admissions" office really is more of a "collection center", while the actual "admissions decisions" take place at the various program levels. Some of these programs only admit a dozen or two dozen people per year.

Also, a lot of grad courses are "independent study" or "research" oriented, which is not always the same as registering for a normal in-attendance course. Sounds like your son has a bunch of those unusual courses (and maybe some have been compressed due to Covid-19), and you can definitely get complications that are more unusual than just registering for undergrad classes.

Best of luck to you and your son, I hope that things get back to normal soon.

Here are all of the (non-Med/non-Law) grad programs at UM:

My man. I make it a purpose to live by the gospel of "The Dude"...

I have legitimately, in all seriousness, referenced this very scene as advice to myself many times. Except, I don't leave out the "**** it!" that precedes this line.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back