Jarrett Payton tweet about Miami welcoming back former players

Let me check

nytimes-election.gif

Nope, doesn't move the needle

Advertisement
Advertisement
Why is this always a thing? For as long as I can remember this there's always been an issue with former players coming back. Is it the same way at every school?
every new coach does this. richt started paradise and had former players come back and coach. Manny continued paradise with the same formula. golden had former players come back early on. it's all Nice fluff but it isnt a negative.

As far as I know, the only time there was an issue with former players being back at practice or around the team was during the Nevin Shapiro mess. I know AG turned off a lot of former players too but since Richt, we've had guys at practice and on the sidelines. Not sure why this would be some new story.

Advertisement
Spin this however you want, but it is still a good thing. I loved Payton but he was not close to a star and would not have started a single game but for Gore’s injury. This tells me UM is reaching out to some of the backups.

Every year we write about superstar former players back at Greentree; Edge, playmaker, Sapp, Vilma, Shockey……. But we rarely know whether UM reaches out to the former players who weren’t stars. Zo is reaching out to everyone. That is a good thing. Period. Any other comment is just someone who looks at a sunny day but focuses on the one cloud in the sky.

Spin this however you want, but it is still a good thing. I loved Payton but he was not close to a star and would not have started a single game but for Gore’s injury. This tells me UM is reaching out to some of the backups.

Every year we write about superstar former players back at Greentree; Edge, playmaker, Sapp, Vilma, Shockey……. But we rarely know whether UM reaches out to the former players who weren’t stars. Zo is reaching out to everyone. That is a good thing. Period. Any other comment is just someone who looks at a sunny day but focuses on the one cloud in the sky.
UM does. outside of the Shapiro mess, players have been welcomed back since richt. remember richt and Manny had former players coach at paradise (more of richts brain child than anything Manny did).

Advertisement
UM does. outside of the Shapiro mess, players have been welcomed back since richt. remember richt and Manny had former players coach at paradise (more of richts brain child than anything Manny did).
I know but I just love that we are reaching out to some who probably could wander back and many people would wonder who they are. Everyone recognizes Irvin and those guys I mentioned so of course they feel like they can come back whenever they want. But what about the backup offensive lineman from 1988-92. i want that person to feel the same way about returning and this tells me Zo is reaching out to that person.

Advertisement
Glad to see Alonzo reaching out personally to former players. Especially someone like Jarrett who was an absolute class act at UM, on and off the field. Current and future Canes need to be around his type of success story after football.

Advertisement
Back