Jarren Williams?

will ferrell laughing GIF

Advertisement
Advertisement

I’m kind of starting to feel bad for his parents. Apparently he comes from a really good family, nice professional people. Which means he was brought up with good examplars.

Obviously has talent, but he’s doing what most or many college students do, and that’s probably partying a little too much and not taking things seriously. (looking at myself in the mirror)

You can get away with it when you’re not playing P5 football, and go on and have a successful career in whatever your field is. Being a quarterback for a major P5 team is really a full-time job. Some people aren’t ready for it.

I’m kind of starting to feel bad for his parents. Apparently he comes from a really good family, nice professional people. Which means he was brought up with good examplars.

Obviously has talent, but he’s doing what most or many college students do, and that’s probably partying a little too much and not taking things seriously. (looking at myself in the mirror)

You can get away with it when you’re not playing P5 football, and go on and have a successful career in whatever your field is. Being a quarterback for a major P5 team is really a full-time job. Some people aren’t ready for it.
Maybe he's just not very good at football.

Advertisement
Maybe he's just not very good at football.

Good enough to set the single all-time passing touchdown record for one game at the University of Miami. So obviously there is talent there. You can’t set a touchdown record like that, against a P5 opponent, unless you have at least some moderate talent, so you CAN be good at football if you can do that. It’s all about applying yourself.

I do recall someone on here talking about how great Cade Fortin was at UNC, but Mack wasn’t giving him a fair shake since he wanted to start that freshman dude named Howell.
I vaguely remember this, poster was **** bent on Mack playing favorites and keeping a baller on the sideline

Advertisement
Advertisement
It’s all about applying yourself.
I was never the most impressive athlete but was very competitive in high school and college and you'd be hard-pressed to find someone who worked as hard as me and "wanted it" as badly as I did, but there's just not a lot of demand for 5'10, 180lbs white guys who run a 4.6 lol.

Professionally though, I've worked as a S&C coach for many high school and collegiate athletes. Watching some of the most genetically gifted kids you've ever seen (not just in football) be complete and utter ****heads was easily the most frustrating part of my job. Easily.

I would have killed to tell people I played football at the University of Miami. But you can't even get some of these kids to even show up for workouts. I say kids, we're talking 20-year-olds in some cases. And the minute they get - rightfully - yelled at for not putting in the effort? Transfer portal.

🤷‍♂️

Advertisement
Back