Jarren Williams

The lengths people go to justify and rationalize their weed smoking is funny.

"It's not addicting bro"

"It's better for you than alcohol bro"

"It's only a matter of time until it's legal everywhere bro"

Just stop. Nobody's buying it. You'll never normalize it. You want to be a pothead, just be one and own it. Don't try to act like it's normal.

EVERYBODY knows somebody who wants to stop smoking weed but who never does. It might not be as physically addictive as heroin or something like that, but we all know people who would like to stop smoking it but never do, and that is a textbook addict
Boo this man!!!!!!!!!!!!

Advertisement
Obviously today I / we still remember like you it was the greatest times of my life to play football as a young kid with your mind free of worldly trash we live with as we got older even through high school , I just love accessing these memories.

SHARING : After my devastating dislocation ankle injury with tendon and nerve damage right in front of BIG THREE college scouts who came to watch me as I got wheeled off with my ankle dangling with skin only holding ankle together as my coach held my leg and ankle screaming in agony beyond thought , my dreams were shattered GONE. After that well after that........enough.

YES, football was everything my breath my heart every thought I thank God for allowing me to have my football at night in dreams as I sleep AMEN
Powerful post, man.

Agree. As with pretty much everything in life, the key is moderation/control. My whole angle on this subject comes from the perspective of intoxication (not medical benefits, that's a different discussion entirely). Human beings like to get intoxicated at times; always have, always will. And as long as you don't allow whatever your personal poison is to have a negative impact on your life, then I think getting buzzed is a good thing. There's a rational basis for the old quote "take the edge off".

The problem is, many people can't control it or moderate - regardless of what the substance is. And certain substances (heroin and cocaine being two at the top) are simply more chemically addictive than others. That's just a fact. So if you elect, say, cocaine as your intoxicant, your odds of becoming an addict and losing control of it are much much higher.

But then there is alcohol. I was a drinker for 20+ years. I was a full blown alcoholic for almost 10. Alcohol is extraordinarily addictive, especially for those prone to alcoholism. Yet, alcohol is not only accepted by society, it's downright championed! Literally EVERYWHERE you go in society alcohol is thrust into your face. And that's ok, I'm not anti-alcohol myself, I just made the decision to quit drinking because it was starting to fvck my life up. But how can one justify society being not only ok with alcohol but absolutely plastering it everywhere throughout our culture and encouraging binge drinking, while at the same time vilifying people who elect marijuana as their intoxicant instead? It's logically inconsistent. I would argue alcohol is MUCH more damaging to society than marijuana. At the very least, I don't see any cognizant argument to be made as to how it is MORE damaging.

Then why the double standard? If you happen to be someone who thinks getting intoxicated period (on anything) is not a good thing, I can absolutely respect that position. There aren't too many good arguments against sobriety. But you'll find that the vast majority of anti-marijuana people are not anti-alcohol or anti-intoxication in general. Rather, they simply vilify THC users to an entirely different level than they do drinkers. People who smoke marijuana are pot heads, drug users, the unproductive scum of our society. That camp puts them in basically the same category as heroin or meth addicts. Yet the lawyer father who hasn't taken a day off drinking in over a year, DUI's on a regular basis, consumes alcohol at his children's events, and drinks to the point of blacking out several times a month, somehow comes out without the same level of scrutiny and disdain. Again, it's logically inconsistent. And if you think think that type of drinker I just described above is an exaggerated anomaly, you're living with your head in the sand. Go walk outside right now and you'll see them all around you. You just don't realize it.

I've smoked marijuana for most of my life at well. At times more than others; at times not at all. I can promise you from first hand experience with both that none of the dumbest sh-t I ever did was a result of being stoned. Most dumb decisions I made were a result of being drunk. Generally when I get blazed I like to veg on my couch, eat stuff, read my phone and watch sports. Basically the antithesis of what one generally does when they're hammered. And yes, I've absolutely seen people who were legitimately addicted to weed. Not only mentally addicted, but physically addicted. However, I've seen WAYYYYYYYYYYY more people addicted to alcohol. And I've also seen that cause WAY more damage. Alcohol ruins a lot of lives, man.

Anyways, didn't mean to write a dissertation on CIS. But I just don't understand the passion from the anti-marijuana camp.... unless you're someone who simply thinks people shouldn't alter their state of mind. While I'd respectfully disagree with you on that, at least it's an argument that holds water. The Reefer Madness shtick does not.
Thanks for sharing. I know exactly where you're coming from. I smoked weed while a student at UM and never got so crazy as when I got drunk. I, too, ****ed away many good years drinking for one purpose only....to get blasted. I didn't really enjoy it. I drank until I screwed up my pancreas. Haven't had a drink since 1996. Don't miss it at all, and I still have to take enzymes with every meal due to the pancreatitis.

Strawnana is awesome! My scores this weekend were Gainesville Green and Sunshine Kush. Both from the Trulieve clinic down here. Tried the Kush last night and it was wonderful. Will be trying out the GVG in just a bit. ;-)
Strawnana is a slow hitter... First 3 hits I'm good... After the 7th or 8th I'm done for the next couple hrs

If Brees doesn’t have an ‘nfl arm,’ then the term itself is utterly meaningless. He has the actual arm that has thrown for more yards, completons and TDs in the nfl than any other arm, ever.

And that’s exactly why the Dolphins shouldn’t have passed up TWO opportunities to get him.

Advertisement
I have never smoked marijuana, but only because I fear I would like it too much as I did cigarettes for years (quit 6 years ago). Also, made a decision that I would not drink at home by myself and would only have a ****tail when out to dinner and limit to a max of 2 drinks in any one day. Now I am working on reducing my ice cream and chocolate intake!! I don't have a problem with marijuana being legal as it is certainly better than excessive alcohol - at least for others.

Advertisement
I have never smoked marijuana, but only because I fear I would like it too much as I did cigarettes for years (quit 6 years ago). Also, made a decision that I would not drink at home by myself and would only have a ****tail when out to dinner and limit to a max of 2 drinks in any one day. Now I am working on reducing my ice cream and chocolate intake!! I don't have a problem with marijuana being legal as it is certainly better than excessive alcohol - at least for others.
That's impressive self-control. Much respect!

I know Enos was supposed to be a QB whisperer and changed the mechanics of players. I just wondered if he had gotten in Jarren's head to make sure to check for x, y, and z before throwing and his hungover head couldn't process.
Suitcase is a slow processor. Always has been. He can find success occasionally if he gets hot because he can be very accurate until something goes wrong and he goes in the tank like the devout loser he’s always been.

I think it's the number 1 determining factor in NFL QB success, too. I think you can get away with slower processing in college and rely more on athleticism, yet it increasingly matters more each year. Accuracy is my #2.
Those are definitely the top two traits and I’ve always felt that way. That’s why I’m never one of those guys who flips out over camp heroes at QB. You can rule that circuit by being a robot with a big arm.

Advertisement

OTd06Sy.gif

Agree. As with pretty much everything in life, the key is moderation/control. My whole angle on this subject comes from the perspective of intoxication (not medical benefits, that's a different discussion entirely). Human beings like to get intoxicated at times; always have, always will. And as long as you don't allow whatever your personal poison is to have a negative impact on your life, then I think getting buzzed is a good thing. There's a rational basis for the old quote "take the edge off".

The problem is, many people can't control it or moderate - regardless of what the substance is. And certain substances (heroin and cocaine being two at the top) are simply more chemically addictive than others. That's just a fact. So if you elect, say, cocaine as your intoxicant, your odds of becoming an addict and losing control of it are much much higher.

But then there is alcohol. I was a drinker for 20+ years. I was a full blown alcoholic for almost 10. Alcohol is extraordinarily addictive, especially for those prone to alcoholism. Yet, alcohol is not only accepted by society, it's downright championed! Literally EVERYWHERE you go in society alcohol is thrust into your face. And that's ok, I'm not anti-alcohol myself, I just made the decision to quit drinking because it was starting to fvck my life up. But how can one justify society being not only ok with alcohol but absolutely plastering it everywhere throughout our culture and encouraging binge drinking, while at the same time vilifying people who elect marijuana as their intoxicant instead? It's logically inconsistent. I would argue alcohol is MUCH more damaging to society than marijuana. At the very least, I don't see any cognizant argument to be made as to how it is MORE damaging.

Then why the double standard? If you happen to be someone who thinks getting intoxicated period (on anything) is not a good thing, I can absolutely respect that position. There aren't too many good arguments against sobriety. But you'll find that the vast majority of anti-marijuana people are not anti-alcohol or anti-intoxication in general. Rather, they simply vilify THC users to an entirely different level than they do drinkers. People who smoke marijuana are pot heads, drug users, the unproductive scum of our society. That camp puts them in basically the same category as heroin or meth addicts. Yet the lawyer father who hasn't taken a day off drinking in over a year, DUI's on a regular basis, consumes alcohol at his children's events, and drinks to the point of blacking out several times a month, somehow comes out without the same level of scrutiny and disdain. Again, it's logically inconsistent. And if you think think that type of drinker I just described above is an exaggerated anomaly, you're living with your head in the sand. Go walk outside right now and you'll see them all around you. You just don't realize it.

I've smoked marijuana for most of my life at well. At times more than others; at times not at all. I can promise you from first hand experience with both that none of the dumbest sh-t I ever did was a result of being stoned. Most dumb decisions I made were a result of being drunk. Generally when I get blazed I like to veg on my couch, eat stuff, read my phone and watch sports. Basically the antithesis of what one generally does when they're hammered. And yes, I've absolutely seen people who were legitimately addicted to weed. Not only mentally addicted, but physically addicted. However, I've seen WAYYYYYYYYYYY more people addicted to alcohol. And I've also seen that cause WAY more damage. Alcohol ruins a lot of lives, man.

Anyways, didn't mean to write a dissertation on CIS. But I just don't understand the passion from the anti-marijuana camp.... unless you're someone who simply thinks people shouldn't alter their state of mind. While I'd respectfully disagree with you on that, at least it's an argument that holds water. The Reefer Madness shtick does not.
The hypocrisy of the prohibition crowd and marijuana being a schedule 1 controlled substance is astounding. The definition of a schedule 1 controlled substance, is no medicinal benefits and high potential for abuse and addiction. That's LITERALLY alcohol and tobacco, which is in every corner store in America.
Marijuana has numerous medicinal benefits and is no where near addictive as those 2. All of this isn't even taking into account that cocaine, benzodiazepines, synthetic heroin and meth (opiates and ADHD meds) are schedule 2 and/or 3....... LMAO

The lengths people go to justify and rationalize their weed smoking is funny.

"It's not addicting bro"

"It's better for you than alcohol bro"

"It's only a matter of time until it's legal everywhere bro"

Just stop. Nobody's buying it. You'll never normalize it. You want to be a pothead, just be one and own it. Don't try to act like it's normal.

EVERYBODY knows somebody who wants to stop smoking weed but who never does. It might not be as physically addictive as heroin or something like that, but we all know people who would like to stop smoking it but never do, and that is a textbook addict

Are you kidding? Everyone also know someone that is "addicted" to sugar. Should we make sugar illegal too? Weren't you the one that said you used to work as a front office PE guy? LMFAO!! If that was the case you would know the weed use is "rampant" among the elite of this industry. The biggest "anti-weed" crowd are the blue collar and lower middle class guys.

Most people that "want to quit smoking" don't actually want to quit.

Advertisement
Are you kidding? Everyone also know someone that is "addicted" to sugar. Should we make sugar illegal too? Weren't you the one that said you used to work as a front office PE guy? LMFAO!! If that was the case you would know the weed use is "rampant" among the elite of this industry. The biggest "anti-weed" crowd are the blue collar and lower middle class guys.

Correct. They want to keep doing it without the negative consequences. Sooner or later, everyone has to choose.

Are you anti-alcohol as well? If so, then I fully respect your position on marijuana. But if you're not anti-alcohol, then this is nothing but ignorant hypocrisy.

And yes, it is simply a matter of time until it's legal everywhere, bro. You're on the wrong side of history with this one, Fred.

I'm not anti-alcohol. People been drinking alcohol for centuries.

Jesus turned water in to wine, he didn't turn that **** in to hash.

Stop doing drugs. And stop thinking your drug use is going to somehow be accepted as normal by society. It isn't.

You're mixing me up with someone. I don't work in finance.

And yes, I think we should tax sugar. I like Bloomberg's soda tax, for example. There are too many fat ***** in this country.

But even worse than fat ***** are ******* stoners. Potheads have the worst denial of any drug addicts on the planet.

Advertisement
Back